Shore excursions for elite passengers

LadyJake

We have booked and paid for shore excursions on an upcoming cruise. My husband and I both have elite status and should have received a 10% discount for those excursions, however we did not. Thought maybe the difference may have been given back to us as shipboard credit or perhaps a refund back to our credit card. Nothing on either side. Anybody able to share what happened to them? Any thoughts as what we should do? Cruise is scheduled for later this summer. Thanks much!

4 minutes ago, LadyJake said:

We have booked and paid for shore excursions on an upcoming cruise. My husband and I both have elite status and should have received a 10% discount for those excursions, however we did not. Thought maybe the difference may have been given back to us as shipboard credit or perhaps a refund back to our credit card. Nothing on either side. Anybody able to share what happened to them? Any thoughts as what we should do? Cruise is scheduled for later this summer. Thanks much!

Yes, we always get the 10% shore excursion discount as OBC.  You will see it posted on your folio once you get OB.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LadyJake said:

You can read the details here on the refund of 10% on excursions 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdfIMG_6886.thumb.jpeg.4f8bfe7d86e68364332f25cfaa189e31.jpeg

• Like 1

As previous posters have stated, once you get onboard your folio will show the shore excursions (even though you have already paid for them) and a shorex credit. You then have OBC to spend.

A good idea to check your on board account for accuracy.

With the new medallion we got charged for drinks and the front desk removed the charges. Something you won't be able to do from home.

A couple of other things to note (from our experience last month):

• the 10% credit onboard is refundable in case you have other credits and don't manage to spend it all
  • if you are on a b2b cruise (even if not booked as one), your excursions may be charged and tickets issued for each segment individually at the start of that segment - this took us by surprise when we arrived to only have tickets for and see only our first week's excursions charged with 10% refund, but sure enough the 2nd week's excursions appeared at the end of the first week