Military and shareholders OBC no longer combinable soon.

HaveDogWillTravel

On 6/15/2023 at 2:49 PM, ldtr said:

That has substantially reduced the advantage that Princess has over other lines as far as I am concerned.

I wonder if I can claim veterans and my wife the shareholders? Will have to see?

I wonder what happens when you have already spent both on excursions.

I am wondering the same thing. My husband has the military OBC and I have the Shareholders.  Since we are two different people, are we combining?  Or are they just looking at per cabin?

On 7/7/2023 at 10:48 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

We just tested the waters and refared our July 2024 M1 booking on the Sky when it dropped in price today by about $1600 pp! We lost both the SOBC, as we both get the MOBC, as well as the OBC perk that came with the original booking.

BTW I almost fell off my chair when I saw the huge price drop on our 14-day cruise! 😂

How did you manage to get your SOBC on a cruise 1 year out?  I was told I can’t provide my SH info until 90 before sailing?

9 minutes ago, Cruisin Oma said:

How did you manage to get your SOBC on a cruise 1 year out?  I was told I can’t provide my SH info until 90 before sailing?

Since Princess began requiring advance payment several years ago they have waived the 90 day limit. I have received the SOBC as soon as booking a cruise over 2 years in advance.

I have received MOBC and my wife SOBC.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Since Princess began requiring advance payment several years ago they have waived the 90 day limit. I have received the SOBC as soon as booking a cruise over 2 years in advance.

What you forgot to write was advance payment of Princess excursions that guest books.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Well dang. I may have shorted myself. My husband has the MOBC and we got that right away, but I have the SOBC. I held off submitting it when we booked earlier this year because I believed we had to wait until 90 days for SOBC. I’ll have to request it to see if we qualify for anything. Our sailing is Nov this year and another in Oct next year. I’ve been crossing my fingers since we are two individuals we would each qualify for the two different things. 

14 minutes ago, Cruisin Oma said:

Well dang. I may have shorted myself. My husband has the MOBC and we got that right away, but I have the SOBC. I held off submitting it when we booked earlier this year because I believed we had to wait until 90 days for SOBC. I’ll have to request it to see if we qualify for anything. Our sailing is Nov this year and another in Oct next year. I’ve been crossing my fingers since we are two individuals we would each qualify for the two different things. 

Recent reports are that for most SOBC it’s issued within hours or within a couple of days…hope you have an easy application. I have been able to get multiple SOBCs with one request.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruisin Oma said:

We usually book our cruises as soon as they come out, our latest one being July 2025, and have always been able to apply and get our SOBC posted to our account shortly thereafter. Well, until now, as we are both are retired military. 😂

I sent an email  to get SOBC for 5 cruises we have already booked in the next year on June 30th ( the first day I realized Princess was not combining it with MOBC)

None of our cruises have show SOBC yet!  I mentioned it to our CVP a few weeks ago, and he just said you will get it!  Not sure how long I wait until I call again 

5 hours ago, adgtravel said:

I sent an email  to get SOBC for 5 cruises we have already booked in the next year on June 30th ( the first day I realized Princess was not combining it with MOBC)

None of our cruises have show SOBC yet!  I mentioned it to our CVP a few weeks ago, and he just said you will get it!  Not sure how long I wait until I call again 

I take it the Carnival shares are in your name and you’re also the one in your cabin with the military OBC perk. If that’s the case, you might have a long wait time.

• Like 1

Ken the Cruiser, if you’re saying I will never get SOBC, because new policy says you can’t combine both, I hope you are wrong!  The email I received stated new policy will not affect onboard credit on my current bookings, only future bookings.

I booked all 5 cruises months before June policy change 

33 minutes ago, adgtravel said:

Ken the Cruiser, if you’re saying I will never get SOBC, because new policy says you can’t combine both, I hope you are wrong!  The email I received stated new policy will not affect onboard credit on my current bookings, only future bookings.

I booked all 5 cruises months before June policy change 

Here’s my post #388 which references the email we as well as others received on June 30 that pretty much goes along with what the OP originally posted. If I recall you said you submitted your Shareholders request form on June 30, one day after the effective date for cruises departing after Sep 12, 2023.

I know in our case we recently refared our July 2024 Baltic cruise on the Sky on July 3 for a huge savings and lost the SOBC we originally had posted to our booking 6 months ago.

Hopefully, your CVP is right, but that wasn’t the case for us.

IMG_2962.thumb.jpeg.7769bf9c1e96801ff41630f8384af004.jpeg

• Like 2

Before the June 29th date I had MOBC and SOBC on 5 cruises this October-to-October next year. Somehow, after June 29th I lost the SOBC on my 3-day cruise this October but not the other 4. I'm not going to make a stink over $50. Now going forward that we can't combine SOBC & MOBC I'll hang onto my shares for now hoping Princess changes their mind. If not, I'll sell my shares.

• Thanks 1

Currently both of my SOBC are combined with my MOBC for Spring 2024 ($100) and 2025 ($250) cruises…both booked & SOBC issued long before 6/29.

A week before the change was implemented we booked another Spring 2025 ($250) cruise & had our TA show my wife (no MOBC) as the first name to have our jointly owned CCL shares SOBC issued to her. In over 10 years of jointly owning CCL shares it’s always been issue to me despite applying in her name because I am the first name on the booking .

Although I am not confidant that onboard we’ll get both of them and waiting to hear about experiences for cruises sailing after 9/12/23.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I just sent in my Stock Credit for one in December 2023 & one in April. With the new regulations I'm curious if I get this credit along with the veterans credit that I already have.

Tom😀 

With the new regulations, you will have to choose one or the other. 🙂

• Like 1

I know this is just probably wishful thinking, but we just booked a Jan 2025 cruise yesterday and the Military OBC for both of us was listed as refundable, or more precisely not nonrefundable like the other forms of PCL OBC we received. 

image.thumb.png.71dc00eb236f484ac55366673023dcba.png

BTW we couldn't believe our eyes when PCL was offering $1,150 each in OBC for booking this 18-day cruise! 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I know this is just probably wishful thinking, but we just booked a Jan 2025 cruise yesterday and the Military OBC for both of us was listed as refundable, or more precisely not nonrefundable like the other forms of PCL OBC we received. 

image.thumb.png.71dc00eb236f484ac55366673023dcba.png

BTW we couldn't believe our eyes when PCL was offering $1,150 each in OBC for booking this 18-day cruise! 😀

What cruise is offering $1,150 on OBC? That is amazing!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mcarr101 said:

Am I correct in thinking that if my husband is retired military he can get that credit and I could get the Stock Holders Credit if they were in my name?

You are correct. This is exactly what my DH and I do. He’s military and stocks are in my name.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

What cruise is offering $1,150 on OBC? That is amazing!

Each of the various legs of the Majestic Princess going around South America starting in mid December 2024. We’re on the leg from BA back to Ft Lauderdale with 3 port stops in Brazil with an overnight in Rio. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

You are correct. This is exactly what my DH and I do. He’s military and stocks are in my name.

For the moment that appears to be correct.

If that continues in the future, we'll see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcarr101 said:

Am I correct in thinking that if my husband is retired military he can get that credit and I could get the Stock Holders Credit if they were in my name?

Welcome to cruise critic. For your husband to get military credit he will have to fill out a form and send a copy of his DD214 to Princess. Once that is in the system the MOBC is automatic every time you book a cruise. With the stock in your name then you are eligible for both MOBC (husband) and SOBC (you). The SOBC isn't automatically applied you have to request it per cruise.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2023 at 6:49 PM, Cruisin Oma said:

I did the same thing today.  I have the military OBC for our December 2024 cruise and I sent the info for my husband's shareholder OBC.  

Originally, I tried to do it with my stock but I got an email telling me it isn't combinable.  They said if the other passenger has stock, they can add it for them.  That's when I sent the information for him and it was done immediately.

So, they did it 16 months out.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2023 at 12:48 PM, adgtravel said:

If there are two people in a cabin and one has MOBC in their name, the other person has to have the shares in their name or in a shared account and they must apply in their name.

For example if I have the MOBC and own shares only in my name we can only get MOBC.

If I have MOBC, and my wife has the shares in her name or in a joint account that lists her name then she can apply for the SOBC and we get both.

Edited by ldtr