Simply more's impact on current bookings?

Nashna

53 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

The SM package is the House Select, which is the lower priced package. Honestly, I believe the wines by glass are the same under both packages.  

So why the difference in price between packages 

• Like 1

Just now, Acrusa said:

So why the difference in price between packages 

Because the higher level package adds in liquor and is available anytime, at any venue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Susagoode1 said:

Rainbow3fe

I read we can bring 3 bottles onboard per cabin. Is that correct?

NO

You can bring as many as you like  

If you take it to a dining venue  there is  a corkage fee

no fee if you drink it in your cabin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Susagoode1 said:

Rainbow3fe

I read we can bring 3 bottles onboard per cabin. Is that correct?

There are many threads in this regard but the quick answer is that you can bring as many bottles as you like both upon embarking and coming back from ports, wine or spirits but these are to be enjoyed only in your cabin or at a dining venue when paying the corking fee (wine only, not spirits.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Yes most promotions, at least in the past, required cabin availability in your class to qualify for the deal.

I think they are treating this differently than a "promotion" . More of a change in pricing structure. 

At any rate, I called just now to verify that I had the option to change from O'Life to SM on my 10/20/23 cruise that is ALL WAITLIST. The answer was yes. It does take a supervisor to do it, but agent said it was not a problem.

• Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Wine/beer.Champagne  by the glass with lunch & dinner  is included under SM

Not sure what lounge   you mean but  yes any drinks outside of meals  are extra

A bit of sidetracking. I that I was told eating at Waves also " counts " as included lunch. 

1 hour ago, Acrusa said:

The wines offered on the SM will they be what's on the premium package or the cheaper package. Over our 14 cruises we never took a drink package alway ordered wine by the bottle at dinner 

Us as well. 

1 minute ago, Rainbow3fe said:

A bit of sidetracking. I that I was told eating at Waves also " counts " as included lunch. 

Us as well. 

Well if they serve Lunch  why not

That is WAVES GRILL   not WAVES BAR  though

different locations

just to knit pick

2 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Us as well. 

It includes any dining option during lunch and dinner service hours - this includes room service (when ordering food during meal hours), Waves, Terrace, GDR and all specialty restaurants...

• Thanks 1

I'm trying to determine whether to switch to SM. I almost always do shore excursions on my own but with the SM package, I'd get $1800 in shore excursion credit so I would feel obligated to use it.  When I look at the list of available shore excursions, there is a Tour Price, Simply More Shore Excursion Package, and an Unlimited option.  The prices for each are different.  My question is, do I get the Simply More Excursion Price if I take the SM package regardless of the # of tours I take?  Also, there is a 3rd passenger who I'd have to pay for.  I assume I'd have to pay the higher tour price for his excursions.  Does anyone know or have a feel for this?

Here is an one of the tours I'd consider under the SM.  Will I pay the $269 from my shore credit for my husband and the $359 for my son?  Will I get the 25% off for my son if I purchase 5 shore excursions from the cruise line or is that a thing of the past?  Any assistance would be appreciated.  

image.thumb.png.33c426b0656d6fa238705803381c2782.png

@Woofaactually you are only allowed to bring six bottles and it is supposed to be wine.  If you drink outside your cabin there is a $25. Corkage fee.  If you bring alcohol from ports the cruise is supposed to hold it for you.  Yes people go around these policies but it’s good to know the real deal which is in the contract.

• Like 1

Just now, grifdoglover said:

@Woofaactually you are only allowed to bring six bottles and it is supposed to be wine.  If you drink outside your cabin there is a $25. Corkage fee.  If you bring alcohol from ports the cruise is supposed to hold it for you.  Yes people go around these policies but it’s good to know the real deal which is in the contract.

Thank you for the clarification.

3 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

so far I have not heard of anyone having their bottles of whatever confiscated

I suppose  if they were  unruly or drinking in the line to board the ship  it may happen

The contract  is there  as a CYA   but they do not seem to enforce  it

Same as the one where people are not suppose to take their person stash  out to the public areas  but

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TFree said:

@LHT28: thanks for the link to the post with the wine and beer listing.  @1985rz1: thanks for the reminder on the 20%.

@carosou: In our case, this seems to work out, so I assume it will for you, too.  Our TA went ahead and made the change for us (but said it could be switched back to OLife if we prefer).  So when I go to my account now, I see that all the excursions (including those waitlisted) are still shown as having been purchased, and then the $500 pp Simply More credit plus the $250 shareholder credit have been applied against the excursions.  By all means, ask, but I don't think this will be a problem.

@the mice and @Benita: maybe we will see you on board.  EDIT: Oh, and by the way, there is a small and relatively inactive Roll Call for our cruise: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2802489-3-november-2023-19-november-2023-panama-canal-adventure-los-angeles-to-miami/

Tom & Judy

Hi,

We are on Vista Nov 3 as well. I agree the Roll Call is kind of slow.

We 

Looking forward to a wonderful trip.

Felice &  Ivan 

Edited by Rainbow3fe

On 7/1/2023 at 11:43 PM, vlthom said:

One thing that I’m unclear on with the new Simply More program is whether the additional wifi log-in per cabin is actually part of the SM program or just a policy change being enacted simultaneously.  In other words, if we’re booked under the old OLife program and don’t change to SM, will we get the extra log-in or still be limited to one per cabin?

@vlthom ... the O Club Ambassador on Insignia answered that question as if you stay with O Life on an existing booking you only get one login per cabin.

7 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

We will wait to ask onboard our next cruise, but hoping the Ship Excursion money can be converted to OBC. We have never taken an O excursion and most likely won't. Just hate to pay for that and let it all go to waste.

I'm onboard now and the O Club Ambassador in her presentation about Simply More said that the Ship Excursion money is only for excursions, cannot be converted or used for anything else.  If you don't book ship's excursions, you lose the money.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Woofa said:

Thank you for the clarification.

A staff member at the entrance to the ship told us that we were permitted to bring alcohol so my husband went back into the terminal and bought a bottle. We weren't "pushing the envelope " .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

OMG

The  Wine/beer  deal   is wine by the glass from the menus  for House select/ Prestige/SM

I cannot see them reverting  to 1  white  & 1 red as some other lines offer

It does say there is  a selection

If the wines by the glass are not to your taste  then bring or buy a bottle

Why are people trying to complicate  things more than need be 😲

I need a vacation

Sorry. I wasn’t trying to complicate things. On V you get one of each, maybe a rose thrown in (although they will try to find another option of that offered plain doesn’t work). On SB you have multiple options. Having not sailed on O I did not know how that works

2 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

It is not just one red etc per day. There were about 35 selections on the list to choose from. We did not have a problem finding something to our liking. But then again, I would say we are not overly picky on wines as long as it is dry. 

Thank you 

33 minutes ago, 2552phxcrzr said:

I'm onboard now and the O Club Ambassador in her presentation about Simply More said that the Ship Excursion money is only for excursions, cannot be converted or used for anything else.  If you don't book ship's excursions, you lose the money.

Are they letting you choose any excursion in any category to use the OBC for? 

Edited by Vineyard View

44 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

We will wait to ask onboard our next cruise, but hoping the Ship Excursion money can be converted to OBC. We have never taken an O excursion and most likely won't. Just hate to pay for that and let it all go to waste.

It won't, the terms regarding that were clear.