Club Orange dining on non-Pinnacle Class ships

SJSULIBRARIAN

5 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm getting somewhat confused about CO. I booked us on the Westerdam for our first cruise on HAL. Didn't know about CO yet, so I just got us waitlisted for early fixed dining. I later added CO, thinking it works like Club Class on Princess, where you can walk in any time and they seat you at a random table in the Club Class section. We've never had a wait to be seated under that system. But I'm seeing these things above:

We never book a fixed MDR seating, we want to eat when we are ready to eat, not when they want us to eat. Anytime dinning is our choice and with CO and the separate entrance line we get seated before anyone waiting in line without CO. Anytime dining lines can be long waits at times and CO puts one at the head of the line.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We never book a fixed MDR seating, we want to eat when we are ready to eat, not when they want us to eat. Anytime dinning is our choice and with CO and the separate entrance line we get seated before anyone waiting in line without CO. Anytime dining lines can be long waits at times and CO puts one at the head of the line.

We want to eat when we're ready to eat too. And 5:00 is when we're ready to eat, according to my DH. 🤣 😂That's why I waitlisted us for early fixed when I booked, before I found out about CO. 

We also like the same waitstaff and table every night. I do know that we could show up at anytime at 5:00 (or whenever it opens), but in our experience lots of people also show up when the dining room opens. So, to avoid the line either fixed or CO works best for us.

Edited by Sea Hag
clarification

I am looking at Club Orange for my cruse.  What are the the extra items on the menu like?  Is this for all meals?  Are they special items or just like the normal items just one more choice?

Edited by majmaj4

23 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

There are the specials from a few years back.  It seems a number of them are still in play 

939F9FAF-C372-432B-AC3A-51ADF6A5A90F.jpeg

In another thread some one just off a cruise said the Peruvian chicken and lemon shrimp fettuccine were better than anything on the rest of the menu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

We want to eat when we're ready to eat too. And 5:00 is when we're ready to eat, according to my DH. 🤣 😂That's why I waitlisted us for early fixed when I booked, before I found out about CO. 

We also like the same waitstaff and table every night. I do know that we could show up at anytime at 5:00 (or whenever it opens), but in our experience lots of people also show up when the dining room opens. So, to avoid the line either fixed or CO works best for us.

Our preferred dinner time is between 6:30 and 7pm on a cruise so fixed dinner is not an acceptable option for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

The Peruvian chicken is really good.

Sorry for the thread drift, but we all love good food so here goes...

Last week, DD's Peruvian babysitter brought them some "Peruvian chicken" and DD said it was the best chicken she's ever eaten.  Seeing mention of Peruvian chicken here in the same light was a nice coincidence.

Time to search out some recipes.  DD couldn't pry the secret out of her babysitter.  She said we don't have the same kind of chiles and things.  Bet we could come close, though.  😉

• Like 1

Just now, AncientWanderer said:

Sorry for the thread drift, but we all love good food so here goes...

Last week, DD's Peruvian babysitter brought them some "Peruvian chicken" and DD said it was the best chicken she's ever eaten.  Seeing mention of Peruvian chicken here in the same light was a nice coincidence.

Time to search out some recipes.  DD couldn't pry the secret out of her babysitter.  She said we don't have the same kind of chiles and things.  Bet we could come close, though.  😉

I was going to recipes myself and I forgot shortly after that 😛🥹.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, majmaj4 said:

I am looking at Club Orange for my cruse.  What are the the extra items on the menu like?  Is this for all meals?  Are they special items or just like the normal items just one more choice?

As an experienced CO diner, the specials are just another item to be chosen.  Nothing special to me.

4 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Is there a dedicated CO chef on non-Pinnacle ships?  Joye, on the K, was a god-send for me with my food allergies.

I believe everything comes from the MDR  kitchens in non Pinnacle ships.