Set my alarm for midnight to check in

Thad409

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done this, but I set my alarm to midnight so I could wake up and check in last night on CCL. now we have along 15 days until we sail on the Glory on our short 7-day cruise. Can't wait!!!!

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Thad409 said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done this, but I set my alarm to midnight so I could wake up and check in last night on CCL. now we have along 15 days until we sail on the Glory on our short 7-day cruise. Can't wait!!!!

Cool beans. Have fun.

19 minutes ago, Thad409 said:

I'm glad it worked out for you----but isn't Texas in Central time? If so you could have set your alarm for 11:00 p.m., since the bookings begin midnight EST.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, chocolate melting cake said:

I'm glad it worked out for you----but isn't Texas in Central time? If so you could have set your alarm for 11:00 p.m., since the bookings begin midnight EST.

Yepper🥱, I realized my mistake after the fact

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thad409 said:

3 hours ago, Jeafl said:

I do that, too.  We like being on board as early as possible

2 hours ago, Megan_Strick said:

I do it too!

Weirdos...😆

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I don’t.

I just stay up late.

I don’t trust my alarm for something so important.  

Same! And I’m on the east coast so I actually have to stay up until Midnight. But it’s worth it to get that A01 boarding zone. Though my husband thinks I’m crazy for wanting to be among the first to board. Last time we literally were the first. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 5:56 PM, Cruising_Addict said:

Same! And I’m on the east coast so I actually have to stay up until Midnight. But it’s worth it to get that A01 boarding zone. Though my husband thinks I’m crazy for wanting to be among the first to board. Last time we literally were the first. 😁

What do you do with your carry on bags, lug them around with you? (Since I imagine you don't have access to your room yet, unless you're in a suite)

2 hours ago, Kbeth93 said:

What do you do with your carry on bags, lug them around with you? (Since I imagine you don't have access to your room yet, unless you're in a suite)

If you are Platinum or Diamond, you can drop them off in your room and leave.

Or you can drop your bags with the porter before you go into the terminal except for one small one that has all of your important stuff (documents, medication, etc.). And unless you plan to be walking around the entire time until your room is available, you can set it down when you get a drink, go to lunch, relax on a deck chair,etc.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 2:36 PM, Thad409 said:

Mid-night Miami time but in New Orleans on our recent cruise, they did not really check the time. 

1 hour ago, geneparmesan said:

Does check-in still open at midnight eastern time if you are sailing out of Long Beach CA?

Since the ship leaves out of Long Beach, it will be midnight Pacific time.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Since the ship leaves out of Long Beach, it will be midnight Pacific time.

I live near Long Beach and I check in at 9pm (PDT) when it's midnight eastern. 

• Like 3

Do you need to select arrival time for only 1 person in the room and than the others in room are automatically assigned that time (we have 3 in room) or do you have to go into each persons account?. 

6 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Not true.  It is always midnight eastern time.  

yes i used to stay up till midnight myself until someone pointed out the time zone difference....DOH!!

1 hour ago, mantle said:

Do you need to select arrival time for only 1 person in the room and than the others in room are automatically assigned that time (we have 3 in room) or do you have to go into each persons account?. 

The arrival time is selected for the cabin, not for an individual person. When you open the check in window, it'll start you on step 1, which is individual passenger information. On the right hand side will be the list of the check in steps.  About 3/4 down the list will be "arrival time." You can click on that right away, and do that first, if you would like.  When you click on that, it'll have you select a time for the cabin.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AHS123 said:

I live near Long Beach and I check in at 9pm (PDT) when it's midnight eastern. 

10 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Not true.  It is always midnight eastern time.  

Good to know. I stand corrected. I like late boarding, so when people mention midnight from where ship leaves, I thought that applied to West Coast also. Maybe that’s only Royal.

Edited by crzndeb