Is a quiet evening possible on Vision of the Seas?

We aren't party people; we don't want to play trivia or sing karaoke. Most evenings we'd like to sit and chat or drink coffee and read a book. We don't have a balcony cabin this cruise, but are there other places to relax that are relatively peaceful?

Thanks,

Lisa

I always enjoy sitting out on the promenade deck for the peace and quiet of the ocean going by. I’ll usually find myself out there for anywhere from 20 min to an hour or more each night. 
But since Vision is smaller, there are less areas to relax inside without much else going on. Depending on the evening’s activities in the Centrum, there are chairs around the Centrum area in the decks upstairs around the centrum to sit and chat or relax - but activities might vary so you’d have to check the app or Cruise Compass to see what’s planned in the Centrum. 
Another relatively quiet place (and sheltered from any weather) is the Solarium. There can be traffic there with Park Cafe, but once the pool is closed it’s fairly quiet and went up there for the night there was a lot of ocean spray keeping me from enjoying the non-smoking side of the promenade deck. 

• Thanks 1

Generally, the Promenade deck is windy as all get out, when the ship is underway. Viking Crown is quiet, until disco starts. The Solarium is quiet, generally. On most ships, I sit up on the pool deck and read. It is generally quiet, once the insanely loud movie is over. You'll find somewhere to read. I always do. But actually, thinking about it...I can read through all kinds of noise. It doesn't have to be quiet. 😊

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Solarium is usually great.  Seldom anyone in there.  Some nights they may be cleaning and will kick you out of one side.  You need to pick a lounger or round chair under a light to read since it can be dark.  Or bring a reading light.

• Thanks 1

There was activity a number of nights in the Centrum after dinner on the Vision last year in Europe. But, if you got a twosome chair seating on the 5th or 6th floor, you could look down and people watch and still chat/read as the noise was not that loud. One night was silent disco--as in total silence. 

It is fairly quite in the Windjammer, as not many people use it for dinner esp. later. Open until 9.

• Thanks 1

There will be quiet places at times but they won't be the prime areas or venues. 

For example the Centrum has many things going on with small breaks in between.  Sometimes the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge will have nothing going on and sometimes there will be events. The solarium can be quiet unless some people next to you are having a good time.  

If you are looking for one spot that is always guaranteed to be quiet that will be hard to find.  If you are willing to move around you can usually find somewhere quiet for that moment in time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I second the promenade and the solarium.  Both areas will be quiet and each has its own positive.  The Promenade will be warm and feel tropical.  I enjoy that to quietly look at the ocean. Before we booked balconies we used this spot afternoon and evenings.  [can be windy] The solarium is a good spot to read. I use a Kindle, so the light is not a problem for me.  

Since the Vision is sailing from Baltimore I will mention that I find the pool deck too cool in the evening on the trip to and from Baltimore most of the year. [not sure about your sail dates or itinerary]  Also, they often have a movie on the big screen and it can be loud. JMHO

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 11:31 PM, Elise17 said:

We aren't party people; we don't want to play trivia or sing karaoke. Most evenings we'd like to sit and chat or drink coffee and read a book. We don't have a balcony cabin this cruise, but are there other places to relax that are relatively peaceful?

Thanks,

Lisa

When there isn't an activity, the Some Enchanted Evening lounge on Deck 6, aft, is quiet and calm.

• Like 2

I just got off of a 5 day cruise to Bermuda on Vision. Got off the ship this morning. I would say "no." Unfortunately. And that is a big part of why I did not like the cruise -- it was a very loud and crowded 5 days. Not a relaxing atmosphere at all. Even the Solarium had kids running around in it, and the staff never did anything about it. We tried to enjoy a quiet dinner at Chops, and even there -- yelling kids. At times we could relax for awhile on the promenade deck, but loud people always showed up eventually as the ship was totally full, and there were often smokers out there. 

I just got off as well. I somewhat disagree.  Although I like the party…the Solarium can be quiet, especially the side loungers that look out over the ocean.  The doors on the back of the Solarium, both sides lead to a small deck with tables and chairs that were always quiet. Deck 5, outside of the main dining room (might be smokers). The Viking crown lounge early in the night. Many were playing games when we walked through. The spa has a sauna and steam room for use free when it’s open.  During the day the decks around the Centrum. Also, the sun deck above the pools in the front and back. 
The Windjammer after dinner is kind of calm. 
Although the party is encouraged, there are opportunities for peace!!!

• Like 1