House select drink package upgrade to Prestige and Marina question

Vineyard View

If you have the house select drink package included in your itinerary, can you upgrade to the prestige package for the additional $20/day? 

There is an interesting itinerary on Marina next year. Initially i was looking at the Vista itineraries but they seem to mostly be in 10 day increments in the Mediterranean. That length is too short, and B2B is too long for pet sitters. We have never sailed Oceania and wondering how Marina is doing, and if you were sailing for the first time on Oceania of you would recommend?  The smaller ships are not sailing the itineraries we are looking for at time of year we have next year.   We do like smaller ships so hesitant on the 1200+. Thank you 

We have only ever sailed on Riviera.  And found it suited us well.  We also take "high end" suites - the "smallest" we have had is the Oceania Suite.  We are booked on Vista for a 10 day Med. cruise next spring.  That is about as much cruising at one time as we want to do AND since we live in Europe we can go home by train.  (Would like to go both ways by train but there are no trains to Malta!!).   Everyone has different reasons for cruising and different preferences though.  It is so important to find the cruise line and the ship that suits you.

In answer to your first question, no, it is no longer $20 a day per person, depending on what conditions you book under it will be at least $30 per day per person. 

• Like 2

Oceania is changing to  “Simply More” which I recommend you read about on this forum.  Yes you may upgrade your drink package but it will be more than $20. a day.  Most people look at the itinerary first then select the best room they can afford.  Everyone has different tastes and opinions on the ships.  Read as many reviews as you can then decide.  Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

If you have the house select drink package included in your itinerary, can you upgrade to the prestige package for the additional $20/day?

If the cruise is booked before  June 30th 2023   & you took the O life perk of the  beverage package  then yes you can upgrade  once onboard

Currently the upcharge is $30 PP PD  (subject to change)

Thank you all for your feedback. 

We are traveling from north of SFO so a long ways to go for 10 day cruise, that is really only 8 full days on the ship. We often stay over on one end, but for us that’s just not quite enough ship time with the travel involved. 

I just found this itinerary last night, even though I have looked previously several times. I think I will discuss with our TA on Monday. 

I know that Marina is the oldest ship Oceania has, but I do not know when she was last in dry dock. I will research that a bit. My biggest hesitation is the size. If one of the smaller ships were offering an itinerary we were interested in, I would book a suite as the size of the rooms on those ships appears to be quite small. 

I have been following the board for some time. I realize changes are coming that are only speculation at this point, but I do hope that excursions included are not a reason to increase the fare. That was one part of the Viking cruises we have done that we did not participate in, whether we paid for it in the bundle or not. We also alway had to upgrade the drink package because included wine was not what we enjoy. So the choices of Oceania are actually a bonus in my opinion. Of course if they want to wrap all that into similar pricing not a big deal, but we all know that likely won’t happen. 

Edited by Vineyard View

1 minute ago, Vineyard View said:

I know that Marina is the oldest ship Oceania has, but I do not know when she was last in dry dock. I will research that a bit. My biggest hesitation is the size.

Actually the R ships are the oldest in the fleet

• Like 1

Thank you. When I looked last night I found something that seemed to say otherwise, but it makes sense given their history as are Azamara. I appreciate the clarification. It must have said Marina was the oldest of the large ships. 

4 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you. When I looked last night I found something that seemed to say otherwise, but it makes sense given their history as are Azamara. I appreciate the clarification. It must have said Marina was the oldest of the large ships. 

Maybe 

Marina was built 2011

Riviera 2012

Vista 2023

R ships  1998 to 2001  Including those owned by Azamara

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_Cruises