Don’t Celebrity Want 1 To A Cabin

GSPG

5 minutes ago, GSPG said:

Okay, thoughts have moved on in the last hour.

How do Concierge rooms stack up for room for 3 adults compared to ‘normal’ veranda rooms.

Still have to run this past my son yet!

The 3 of us had a Sunset Veranda room on Eclipse 6 years ago. From memory we got by, but he is older and had cabins of his own since then and would be hard to go back to a three?

Which ship?  On M Class ships the concierge class cabins are bigger than the veranda cabins but neither really are that large.  On S and E class ships, concierge class cabins are identical to standard veranda cabins.  

• Like 2

Just now, prmssk said:

Which ship?  On M Class ships the concierge class cabins are bigger than the veranda cabins but neither really are that large.  On S and E class ships, concierge class cabins are identical to standard veranda cabins.  

It’s the Silhouette. 

1 minute ago, GSPG said:

It’s the Silhouette. 

That's an S class ship (just like the Eclipse) so booking a concierge class (or even Aqua class) doesn't give you any more room than a standard veranda. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

That's an S class ship (just like the Eclipse) so booking a concierge class (or even Aqua class) doesn't give you any more room than a standard veranda. 

Okay thanks. Assume they just add ‘perks’, fluffy robes, priority this and that etc 

1 minute ago, GSPG said:

Okay thanks. Assume they just add ‘perks’, fluffy robes, priority this and that etc 

It's not even a lot of perks anymore (embarkation day lunch in the MDR, bottle of sparkling wine if you request it, daily canapés, etc.).  Here is a list to all the benefits:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

55 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

They look more like tiny padded cells to me. The interior cabins that aren't the studios appear to be a bit bigger.

Yeah I had a sales person trying to sell me on one because I was solo - nope, I'd rather pay more.

I'm quite happy with the infinate verandas on Edge class ships, I don't spend too much time in my room but when I am there gives me the space and view I want. I don't want to feel claustrophobic 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lena11033 said:

Yeah I had a sales person trying to sell me on one because I was solo - nope, I'd rather pay more.

I'm quite happy with the infinate verandas on Edge class ships, I don't spend too much time in my room but when I am there gives me the space and view I want. I don't want to feel claustrophobic 

100% agree!!

4 hours ago, GSPG said:

Or perhaps we have been lucky in the past, and having done ‘only’ five cruises.

That’s true, but for a family with an ‘older child’ to big to share with now makes it much more expensive.

We are at this point with our daughter. The extra shower of that second room will be so helpful! And of course privacy for her and us. Based on initial searches, we are planning for her cabin for one to cost only $200 to $300 less than ours for two.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GSPG said:

How do Concierge rooms stack up for room for 3 adults compared to ‘normal’ veranda rooms.

The 3 of us had a Sunset Veranda room on Eclipse 6 years ago. From memory we got by, but he is older and had cabins of his own since then and would be hard to go back to a three?

Concierge is no bigger for 3. Princess has a minisuite that would work for 3. I would put him across hall in an interior, paid for by 50% of his money at the age of 26,maybe 100%

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2023 at 4:32 PM, RD64 said:

Given that you know Celebrity and pretty much everyone else charge 2x, your options are add him to your cabin, leave him at home, or pay the single supplement.

I have sailed on some of the higher priced Premium cruise lines Solo because they sometimes charge only a 25% upcharge for a solo guest. But even when I pay Double to sail solo on X I still get a break because I'm only paying for WiFi and Tips for One guest.

7 hours ago, D. B. said:

I have sailed on some of the higher priced Premium cruise lines Solo because they sometimes charge only a 25% upcharge for a solo guest. But even when I pay Double to sail solo on X I still get a break because I'm only paying for WiFi and Tips for One guest.

So you book as cruise only and add those on? Every time I've looked at something other than the solo IV on Edge Class ships, the AI increase is at least double what it is on a solo IV for a similar length sailing.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, D. B. said:

I am not sure what Premium lines you are referring to but both HAL and Princess generally charge 2x the base fare for traditional everyday itineraries. Good luck finding a 25% supplement for a Mediterranean cruise in July or August.

That being said, there are always certain random itineraries that are not selling well which will have a lower supplement.

On 6/18/2023 at 5:16 PM, GSPG said:

Just looking generally, and yes he is just about the same price as the two of us.

Charging the same for two guests as one is standard. Occasionally they have sales to reduce the rate of a single, but if the cruise is selling well, there's really no reason to. It's not that they don't want singles. They just want to sell every berth. Outside of single cabins, every cabin can hold at least two berths, so why give that away for a lower price. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 6:50 PM, GSPG said:

Concierge is more about cabin location and you get afternoon canapés and bottle of champagne. Not worth it in my estimation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RD64 said:

I am not sure what Premium lines you are referring to but both HAL and Princess generally charge 2x the base fare for traditional everyday itineraries. Good luck finding a 25% supplement for a Mediterranean cruise in July or August.

That being said, there are always certain random itineraries that are not selling well which will have a lower supplement.

Crystal (pre covid) and Silversea.

17 hours ago, wintrystew said:

Concierge is more about cabin location and you get afternoon canapés and bottle of champagne. Not worth it in my estimation. 

The other addition is a nicer lounge chair on balcony with footrest.