Recent 8 Day Cruise on Equinox to the Carribean

Frenchkona

My family just returned from an 8 day Eastern Carribean cruise aboard the Equinox. We were in a Royal Suite, and I would be glad to answer any questions regarding Retreat class, specialty restaurants, shows, or any other info you would like. I have to say this was the very best cruise we have taken on Celebrity. Let me know if I can help. 

Yes, it does and is fantastic. My 17 year old grandson was concerned that it would be slow, but he said it was great. He could stream videos and had no problem with its speed. And we had 6 different devises that used it. 

• Like 1

Frenchkona, we also were on this cruise and simply chiming in agreement with your comments about what a wonderful cruise this was overall!  We found that service on this cruise was some of the best that we have experienced on any of our X sailings  (we were Deck 8 mid-ship).

Edited by Reel Love
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Frenchkona said:

Yes, it does and is fantastic. My 17 year old grandson was concerned that it would be slow, but he said it was great. He could stream videos and had no problem with its speed. And we had 6 different devises that used it. 

Good to know.  We have premium wifi for an October cruise, but I'm nervous and might try to bring something that doesn't require wifi just in case.

One more question if I may.  We typically sail Princess, but this will be our second Celebrity cruise.  We were on Infinity last fall, and the TV was terrible.  Small tv, with only a few channels and no on demand options.  Princess has lots of movies and TV shows you can watch on demand, which we take advantage of.

Does Equinox have any such offerings?

Thrilled to read a positive review!  My husband and I are asking July 2nd in a Celebrity Suite.  The comments on this board are pretty negative and I was starting to worry!  

How was Luminae?  Specialty restaurants?  Was the retreat deck enjoyable or too windy?

1 hour ago, sunsetme said:

I found the internet to be abysmal on that cruise July 10. Also Tv was limited and took several minutes to load each time. We did enjoy our cruise though and had great weather.

1 hour ago, sunsetme said:

I found the internet to be abysmal on that cruise July 10. Also Tv was limited and took several minutes to load each time. We did enjoy our cruise though and had great weather.

59 minutes ago, Attyaz901 said:

Thrilled to read a positive review!  My husband and I are asking July 2nd in a Celebrity Suite.  The comments on this board are pretty negative and I was starting to worry!  

How was Luminae?  Specialty restaurants?  Was the retreat deck enjoyable or too windy?

1 hour ago, Attyaz901 said:

Also thrilled!  We will be joining you on July 2nd!

• Like 1

Luminae was simply fantastic. Fast, very accommodating service and h food was spot on. Great breakfasts to start the day. We ate twice at Tuscan, twice at Murano and 3 times at Sushi on 5. All were good, but Muano fills up very quickly. 
i loved the Retreat Deck. There was hardly anyone ever up there.  Probably because  There is no pool or bar up there. But you can still get drinks up there as well as food. Lots of great seating too. Great place to relax or read a book with a drink.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frenchkona said:

Even Starlink is not Perfect in Every part of the world.

I once had slow service In Port but it improved While Underway?

Overall it has been a great improvement.

21 hours ago, Attyaz901 said:

We did this 8 day cruise in late May and loved it! We found the service everywhere to be the best we have had at sea! The service was outstanding in Luminae, the Retreat, Murano, and in all venues we visited.  And our butler, Katerina, went above and beyond! Great entertainment as well. Have a lovely trip!