Equinox Menu - Main Dining Upcharges Showing on App

thebutlerdidit

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I'd much rather have corporate only eating at the buffet, mast grill and MDR for a week

I agree. I’d also like them to try to consistently find a Premium wine or beer to accompany their meals. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HMR74 said:

still need a phone or does pressing the qr generate a form

My kids think i am a technology dinosaur --til someome has to fix their electronics around the house.

I still believe in fairly tales and that computers and other electronics and software should improve life and leave more time for us to do other things not be wedded to technology.

eg, it takes less time to speak on the phone than to engage in back and forth texts and or e mails.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is a QR code in the daily for you to supply your disembarkation information. Please don't shoot the messinger.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is a QR code in the daily for you to supply your disembarkation information. Please don't shoot the messinger.

You don't NEED to scan/answer it, we ignore it and we still get issues luggage tags.  They do have a printout/insert that shares disembarkation.  The only thing that QR code could be useful for is signing up for a transfer if there's one available

I, also, will now will be looking elsewhere for the dining options that were standard for decades. The earlier cutbacks were upsetting- charging for room service  a second lobster tail etc, Now Celebrity is piling on the cutbacks and additional charges. I’ve cruised 5 times post pandemic, 4 on Celebrity snd 1 on the Enchanted Princess. The Enchanted  was beautiful, great entertainment, dance bands, good food and service.  I will definitely be following other cruise lines more closely now,  I have 3 future Celebrity cruises booked- will definitely reconsider now. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I agree. I’d also like them to try to consistently find a Premium wine or beer to accompany their meals. 

What do you mean? I've had very good wine service in the MDR. There are many wines available that aren't printed in the daily menu. I've had Chianti Classico for example. I always meet the wine steward the first night and make friends with them.

I agree that beer is not a strength on Celebrity.

Edited by conquesodor

6 minutes ago, conquesodor said:

What do you mean? I've had very good wine service in the MDR. There are many wines available that aren't printed in the daily menu. I've had Chianti Classico for example. I always meet the wine steward the first night and make friends with them.

I agree that beer is not a strength on Celebrity.

I mean exactly what I said. The Premium wines I have found available aboard Celebrity ships since October 2021 have - with few exceptions - not been the same quality I found pre-pandemic. I am always pleasant to the wine stewards, but they can’t supply something they haven’t got. Chianti Classico means nothing in itself. Some Chianti Classico is lovely while some is rubbish. I post based on my experiences and my taste buds. You post based on yours. 

• Like 1

If this trial is successful and rolls out across the fleet, this will be my last Celebrity cruise. I have sent an e mail to head office. The more complaints they get may make them back off, otherwise they may lose a large chunk of their regular cruisers. I will be interested I see if I get a response. E- mails to executiveoffice@celebrity.com with any comments or concerns. 

Edited by sunlover33
  • Like 2

Just now on the Facebook Celebrity Equinox page a member posted that they got an answer from Management on the menu changes.  

This was the answer:

Menu change:
Just got off the phone with a celebrity agent calling from executive office in replans to my email.
Filet and Lobster menu charges is a “Pilot Program” on two sailing on the Celebrity Equinox. After that they will be discussing in management meetings.
Let you feeling be heard,
ExecutiveOffice@celebrity.com
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Just now on the Facebook Celebrity Equinox page a member posted that they got an answer from Management on the menu changes.  

This was the answer:

Menu change:
Just got off the phone with a celebrity agent calling from executive office in replans to my email.
Filet and Lobster menu charges is a “Pilot Program” on two sailing on the Celebrity Equinox. After that they will be discussing in management meetings.

My Sept 16 Equinox sailing shows the new menu!!! To whom do I write to complain!

2nd time this year -Bait and Switch- I booked Apex TA when room service was included and Ocean View had more options. I booked Equinox last December when lobster and room service were included.  I just looked at the menu for my cruise and the UPCHARGES  are there!

So very disappointing!!  We must let our voices be heard!  No longer -Modern Luxury!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

My Sept 16 Equinox sailing shows the new menu!!! To whom do I write to complain!

2nd time this year -Bait and Switch- I booked Apex TA when room service was included and Ocean View had more options. I booked Equinox last December when lobster and room service were included.  I just looked at the menu for my cruise and the UPCHARGES  are there!

So very disappointing!!  We must let our voices be heard!  No longer -Modern Luxury!

The email address ExecutiveOffice@Celebrity.com is what got the FB poster an address.  Keep inudating them with emails!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

The September 16 menu in the app is last week's 6 night menu. It's not your sailing. It ends with breakfast on the 7th day. 

The changes may or may not be there in September since this appears to be a test, but what you're seeing is a repeat from last week. Just like this week's menu ended early in the app until it finally changed on Saturday.

Further out, the menus go to only dessert (my next cruise in November for sure), so that's certainly not representative of the actual menu onboard.

The post above yours has the email address to write.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

Agree 100% ! I sent an email yesterday to executiveoffice@celebrity.com. Have not heard yet, but will post if and when I do. They also need to bring back the classic menu with salmon as an option each night and upgrade the quality to what it was!

4 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

The email address ExecutiveOffice@Celebrity.com is what got the FB poster an address.  Keep inudating them with emails!

I sent a lengthy email to them yesterday. They sure do need to be inundated with complaints!!  We have a July 30th sailing, so I truly hope they resolve by then - perhaps a pipe dream! As I also told them we have 7 other Celebrity cruises booked into 25. But with all of this I don’t know if we will keep them.🥲🥲

I have never seen this number of unhappy Celebrity cruisers!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just finished my letter to the Executive Office.  What an insult to think an up charge/ cutback pilot would be welcomed by loyal Celebrity cruisers The fact that only 2 cruises are affected means that w

e are not getting the product we booked nor the product that other ship cruisers are getting. Who manages an organization so unfairly and recklessly??? B

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2023 at 1:07 PM, cw2go said:

This is how many felt including myself at the beginning of the year. I booked with a full buffet offering which was not available on my sailing and with a no fee room service menu. I understand the economics behind some of his but to what end? Cruisers book and pay deposits based on a product that no longer exists once they set sail. 

I'm at a loss.... Enjoy many aspects of the new Celebrity, am becoming agitated by so many changes but I love being on the water! I have to decide if these changes will bother me once on board or only now from home. 

Patty 

I agree.  Celebrity seems to be taking more away & charging more.  I know that other lines are doing the same thing, but we have been very faithful to Celebrity & are wondering if we should start sailing with other lines.  We have a sailing on the Equinox in August, in Nov we are on the Silhouette & in the Spring we are on the Edge.  Depending on what happens on the Aug sailing, we might be looking for a new line for future cruises.  

1 hour ago, Dar & Bob said:

This was the answer:

Menu change:

Wow if this is the case, I had massive bad luck to be on one of two trial sailings right now. This is my third cruise on Celebrity and I’ve never chosen the buffet over the MDR but I did last night because there was nothing appealing on the menu. I’ll definitely contact them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Wow if this is the case, I had massive bad luck to be on one of two trial sailings right now. This is my third cruise on Celebrity and I’ve never chosen the buffet over the MDR but I did last night because there was nothing appealing on the menu. I’ll definitely contact them!

So sorry to hear that.  I know some nights were slim pickins for me but I found a couple of things.  😞  Word of advice - go to Guest Services to complain.  We had an issue in January which I tried to handle with the maitre'd with not much luck.  When I emailed them after the fact they told me I should have brought it to GS.  I'd start by asking for compensation for dinner 🙂

• Like 1

Anybody see the Celebrity E mail this last hour, It says tomorrow wi llbe a perfect day,

to me it means a perfect day at coco cay.

All we will see it X substitute one port for that on future cruises.

And then I guess they expect to sell the 1,000 a day cabanas to the upscale X cruisers,

that assumes tomorrows announcement is about coco cay. and making it more crowded.

That new CEO from RCL side, has all sorts  of old ideas. to make X more like Royal.

Just my anticipatory opinion

• Like 2

I want to remind folks that X has confirmed that on sailings that are 7 nights or longer there will be complimentary lobster one Chic night and that beef wellington has been gone since the beginning of the year.  The additional charge allows you purchase filet and lobster any night, from the MDR (and prob Blu).  Your gripes should be directed to the actual complimentary menu offerings 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Anybody see the Celebrity E mail this last hour, It says tomorrow wi llbe a perfect day,

to me it means a perfect day at coco cay.

All we will see it X substitute one port for that on future cruises.

And then I guess they expect to sell the 1,000 a day cabanas to the upscale X cruisers,

that assumes tomorrows announcement is about coco cay. and making it more crowded.

That new CEO from RCL side, has all sorts  of old ideas. to make X more like Royal.

Just my anticipatory opinion

Yes stated that earlier yet the CoCo Cay thing could also be in part due to the Bahamas greatly increasing their per passenger fee/taxes

7 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I want to remind folks that X has confirmed that on sailings that are 7 nights or longer there will be complimentary lobster one Chic night and that beef wellington has been gone since the beginning of the year.  The additional charge allows you purchase filet and lobster any night, from the MDR (and prob Blu).  Your gripes should be directed to the actual complimentary menu offerings 

you stopped me at additional charge....

just another way of increasing prices.

This is all reducing the desire for b2bs  as the food is boring regardless of the quality and we just cannot trust X management anymore for devaluing what people had purchased with their good money. Its a matter of good faith, speaking from a business perspective and X has lost that.

But its my opinion  and my money and more importantly my time and I also want to use my time wisely and return home thouroughly happy.

There are too many moving pieces now. And I also beleive that heavily leveraged companies, of which ther are many,  will be in deep liquidity trouble along with economy .

Edited by HMR74
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HMR74 said:

you stopped me at additional charge....

just another way of increasing prices.

This is all reducing the desire for b2bs  as the food is boring regrdless of the quality and we just cannot trust X management anymore for devaluing what people had purchased with their good money. Its a matter of good faithm speaking from a business perspective and X has lost that.

But its my opinoin  and my money and more importantly my time and I also want to use my time wisely and return home thouroughly happy.

The absolute fear is once people get used to paying an additional charge they simply remove the freebie.  Yet that has not happened on Carnival or RCI which started this like 15 years ago.  Another datapoint is X seemingly is sticking to the inferior Spiny lobster

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

But it’s not complimentary. Complimentary indicates you are getting something free. We  pay for a cruise which includes decent food in the MDR. If I wanted burger and chips for dinner  I would pay for that type of holiday, but I pay to have a reasonable (not top notch) evening dinner, or at least I did when booking the cruise. This business of changing the offering after booking has to stop, it’s unethical. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1