Cape Liberty off-site parking?

OCVTSGIRL

Going on the Anthem out of Bayonne in November.  Now that parking is $30 a day I'm wondering if there is any reasonable parking with a shuttle off site.  I live about an hour an a half away from the port so I don't need an overnight hotel stay with parking.  I Googled it but didn't come up with many options.  Those that I thought might be an option said "sold out".

2 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

I Googled it but didn't come up with many options.  Those that I thought might be an option said "sold out".

There is no viable off site parking location in Bayonne. If one of the options you Googled as sold out was on New Hook Rd or Old Hook Rd in Bayonne consider yourself fortunate! 

Have you looked into NJ Transit train as an option? From Hoboken terminal, Hudson Bergen light rail will get you to 34th Street in Bayonne (2 miles from the port) with a cab or Uber ride needed to the terminal. 

We too in Brooklyn are not happy with the Terminal Parking situation and our price is 45 dollars per 24 hours period. ( 7 day cruise )

And have no alternative options near Terminal for parking..

I have no option in 9 days.

Except leave car home and chance a ticket.

16 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Now that parking is $30 a day I'm wondering if there is any reasonable parking with a shuttle off site.

As others have said, not really. I guess you could park in a long term lot at EWR and Uber from there but it might be a wash. Parking at EWR has gone up significantly. 

Sections of Staten Island do not have alternate side parking, you could always take a chance and leave your car. 

NYC parking is a premium, no one builds parking lots they want to build million-dollar condos instead. $45 won't even let you park for the length of a Broadway play let alone 24 hours. 

Parking at Brooklyn Terminal you are steps away from the ship, it's worth the convenience, you will be on your way faster than anyone in an Uber, Taxi, walking, being picked up by family/friends, or Ship transfer. 

1 hour ago, Brighton Line said:

Sections of Staten Island do not have alternate side parking, you could always take a chance and leave your car. 

NYC parking is a premium, no one builds parking lots they want to build million-dollar condos instead. $45 won't even let you park for the length of a Broadway play let alone 24 hours. 

Parking at Brooklyn Terminal you are steps away from the ship, it's worth the convenience, you will be on your way faster than anyone in an Uber, Taxi, walking, being picked up by family/friends, or Ship transfer. 

The OP is asking about Cape Liberty in New Jersey. 

11 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

The OP is asking about Cape Liberty in New Jersey. 

Talking about the General Parking situation of the Ship's Terminals of NY Harbor....

One terminal costs more than the other ones.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Talking about the General Parking situation of the Ship's Terminals of NY Harbor....

One terminal costs more than the other ones.

No...both the Brooklyn and Manhattan cruise terminals charge $45 per day.

Cape Liberty is $30 per day.

On 6/21/2023 at 6:36 PM, OCVTSGIRL said:

I guess we're paying the $30 per day.  We don't live in NY...we live in Ocean County, NJ which is south of Bayonne.

How much would car service cost ? We have friends living in Manchester who occasionally take a car service to the Bayonne cruise port.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

How much would car service cost ? We have friends living in Manchester who occasionally take a car service to the Bayonne cruise port.

I contacted a few when we were cruising in May and they were much more than the parking would cost and that was a 10 day cruise.  

On 6/27/2023 at 8:10 PM, lenquixote66 said:

It was just a thought .I assume there is nobody to drive you.

Sadly, no.  We could get a ride to the port but the person that would drive us isn't available to pick us up when we get back.

1 hour ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Sadly, no.  We could get a ride to the port but the person that would drive us isn't available to pick us up when we get back.

Would the cost for a car to pick you up and drive you home be less than parking at the port ?