faster to the fun ?

t00thpix

There have been reports that in some embarkation ports, they stick to the arrival appointment time, even for those with priority (including suites, FTTF, Diamond, and platinum). The written policy on the website says that this is the case for all ports, but it seems to be, most often, not enforced for those with priority.

I would get the earliest arrival time I could, just in case.  Assume you can show up earlier than the appointment you are able to get and go through the priority line, but understand it is possible they could make you wait for your appointment time.

@t00thpix, midnight isn't really necessary.  I've always gotten either 10a slot (10:30a at the latest) by checking in the following morning.  There just aren't THAT many people in that 16 day initial window. And if you get the 10:30 you'll likely be seated in the waiting area before they call the Diamonds usually around 11a. Enjoy your good night's sleep!

Now for folks in the Pacific timezone...... sure at 9pm.

As to the question of whether one has to adhere to their slot if one has Priority.... depends on the port.  Long Beach is an absolute YES

Edited by jsglow

17 minutes ago, jsglow said:

@t00thpix, midnight isn't really necessary.  I've always gotten either 10a slot (10:30a at the latest) by checking in the following morning.  There just aren't THAT many people in that 16 day initial window. And if you get the 10:30 you'll likely be seated in the waiting area before they call the Diamonds usually around 11a. Enjoy your good night's sleep!

FTTF doesn't get the 16 day check in. They check in at 14 days. 

I know from reports here that isn't the case (at least most likely), but for our upcoming horizon cruise from Miami we have a suite and just for an email from carnival that says: 

Suite guests will be given 48 hours advance access to select their preferred Arrival Appointment. Please visit My Cruise Manager on Carnival.com starting at 16 days prior to sailing to complete your Online Check-In and select the Arrival Appointment that works best with your plans. We will not be able to accommodate guests who show up outside their Arrival Appointment.

20 hours ago, t00thpix said:

If you purchase Faster to the Fun should you still check in at midnight on the 1st day it opens to get an early embarkation time or does it not matter

We took a time after Noon when we had FTTF a couple of weeks ago.  That way others can get the early check in time if they don't have FTTF.  No reason to select early if you have FTTF.  We arrived at 10:30 AM and we were onboard at 12:15 PM.  

With that said, things might have changed since then so probably best to select the earliest time available?

Edited by BrotherCraig

John Heald has had this topic asked a lot this week.  He even asked the higher ups and if you have FTTF or any other priority boarding, you show up and join a priority line (or lack there of depending on the lines size).  The rumor of that changing is not true and I guess ports were told that.  

1 hour ago, Caps_Shield said:

John Heald has had this topic asked a lot this week.  He even asked the higher ups and if you have FTTF or any other priority boarding, you show up and join a priority line (or lack there of depending on the lines size).  The rumor of that changing is not true and I guess ports were told that.  

In Long Beach,  you are required to queue up in the line that corresponds with the check-in time on your boarding pass.  Once that line is allowed into the building, THEN you can use the Priority line that is near the entrance.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

In Long Beach,  you are required to queue up in the line that corresponds with the check-in time on your boarding pass.  Once that line is allowed into the building, THEN you can use the Priority line that is near the entrance.

As John stated and others have pointed out, there is no point in FTTF if you can't enter until say noon.  The entire point is going in early.  Perhaps Long Beach is one that was told to change.  That I do not know.

On 6/23/2023 at 8:26 AM, BrotherCraig said:

We took a time after Noon when we had FTTF a couple of weeks ago.  That way others can get the early check in time if they don't have FTTF.  No reason to select early if you have FTTF.  We arrived at 10:30 AM and we were onboard at 12:15 PM.  

With that said, things might have changed since then so probably best to select the earliest time available?

To be safe, I would pick the earliest time. Of course, it depends upon the port.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 10:50 AM, Caps_Shield said:

there is no point in FTTF if you can't enter until say noon

The priority tendering is the point of FTTF for me when we cruise on the Panorama in December. I'm not waking up at 6am to get a ticket when I could just get priority, anyway.

After my last cruise, I'll never show up at 11am again. When I arrived at 1/1:30pm, I walked straight through and onto the ship in 10 minutes. It was such a good experience that I'm making that my new normal.

John Heald said he would remind all ports that FTTF can enter the Priority line at their leisure, but I still grab the earliest time possible just in case I get an employee that wants to be trouble. 

On 6/23/2023 at 10:50 AM, Caps_Shield said:

As John stated and others have pointed out, there is no point in FTTF if you can't enter until say noon.  The entire point is going in early.  Perhaps Long Beach is one that was told to change.  That I do not know.

I know that Galveston was mentioned for not following the priority boarding (including FTTF) and that would be rectified. I am sure that if someone makes him aware that Long Beach is not following along, they will be contacted. Carnival may not know.