Celebrity Reflection - Celebrity Suites

Les43

There are very few reviews of celebrity suites on Reflection online. Anyone care to comment on pros and cons of the rooms? I’m aware of the Retreat amenities. We are sailing in 1124 in case anyone has first hand experience? 

We have not been in 1124 but have been in a CS on the Reflection 2x in both cases we were fortunate to get 1615 on the aft slant which has a oversized balcony.

We like the CS because of the separate bedroom.  The bedroom and bath are  small but there is plenty of storage in the CS both in the bedroom and in the living room.  Another plus is the bathroom has a entry from both the bedroom and the living room. 

21 minutes ago, Les43 said:

There are very few reviews of celebrity suites on Reflection online. Anyone care to comment on pros and cons of the rooms? I’m aware of the Retreat amenities. We are sailing in 1124 in case anyone has first hand experience? 

Celebrity suites on S class are ‘marmite suites’ you either seem to love them or hate them! We cruised in one on Equinox which I believe has an identical lay out to Reflection. If I remember correctly some CS have bigger balconies than others. Hopefully someone can confirm this for you.

The bedroom has no view, to all intents and purposes it is an inside room. Great if you like sleeping in the dark, great if one or the other of you goes to bed earlier than the other or one of you is an early bird as you have the separate living room. Not good if you like lying on your bed looking at the view…

The lounge is a reasonable size but in our opinion didn’t seem as airy as the SS. This is simply  because a significant portion of the total suite space is the separate bedroom. Big coffee table but no dining table so not ideal for dining in suite. However, our suite did have a table on the balcony.

The bathroom is Jack and Jill. Good if you are a party of 3/4 as both sets of sleepers can access the bathroom without disturbing the other. The bathroom is quite small, shower over bath, not easy for someone who is small as the bath height is quite high or someone who is quite tall as the shower head height isn’t that high. Difficult for anyone with mobility issues.

Perks the same as SS, no extra, they start at RS.

As I said, marmite suites…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

Celebrity suites on S class are ‘marmite suites’ you either seem to love them or hate them! We cruised in one on Equinox which I believe has an identical lay out to Reflection. If I remember correctly some CS have bigger balconies than others. Hopefully someone can confirm this for you.

The bedroom has no view, to all intents and purposes it is an inside room. Great if you like sleeping in the dark, great if one or the other of you goes to bed earlier than the other or one of you is an early bird as you have the separate living room. Not good if you like lying on your bed looking at the view…

The lounge is a reasonable size but in our opinion didn’t seem as airy as the SS. This is simply  because a significant portion of the total suite space is the separate bedroom. Big coffee table but no dining table so not ideal for dining in suite. However, our suite did have a table on the balcony.

The bathroom is Jack and Jill. Good if you are a party of 3/4 as both sets of sleepers can access the bathroom without disturbing the other. The bathroom is quite small, shower over bath, not easy for someone who is small as the bath height is quite high or someone who is quite tall as the shower head height isn’t that high. Difficult for anyone with mobility issues.

Perks the same as SS, no extra, they start at RS.

As I said, marmite suites…

Excellent summary, chemmo.  I did not like the large step-up to get in the tub and take a shower in CS.  And I am 5'8 with no mobility issues; just concerns.

The living area is overpowered by the coffee table. The desk that serves as the vanity is tucked in the living area outside the bedroom and next to the 2nd entrance to the bath. There is very little counter space next to the sink. Getting into the tub shower is a challenge. If I had to choose I would pick a sky suite. There are no additional amenities or perks with a CS. The only advantage would be if there were more than 2 people traveling together. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Les43 said:

There are very few reviews of celebrity suites on Reflection online.

You can research celebrity suites on ANY of the S-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, & Reflection) for more information and pictures, as they are ALL the same. The balcony will differ depending on some of the locations, but the room is identical.

We have been in seven of them across the different ships. What @chemmo has described pretty much sums them all up.

• Like 1

Interesting as we love the CS on S class.  But we are a nightowl and an early riser so the interior bedroom works best for us.  Sky suites have me sitting in near darkness in the a.m. while DH sleeps. 
I love the Desk/Vanity tucked away in the living area as I can do my hair and make up away from the bedroom/bath and out of DHs way as he gets ready in the evening.  I use the closet in the living area by the desk for the clothing I wear for dinner. 
For us the only negative to a CS on the S class is no dining table inside.  But in good weather breakfast or dinner on the balcony is nice.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

Interesting as we love the CS on S class.  But we are a nightowl and an early riser so the interior bedroom works best for us.  Sky suites have me sitting in near darkness in the a.m. while DH sleeps. 
I love the Desk/Vanity tucked away in the living area as I can do my hair and make up away from the bedroom/bath and out of DHs way as he gets ready in the evening.  I use the closet in the living area by the desk for the clothing I wear for dinner. 
For us the only negative to a CS on the S class is no dining table inside.  But in good weather breakfast or dinner on the balcony is nice.

Just as I said, Marmite suites! We cruised one once and wouldn’t do again…

We sailed in 1618 on Silhouette, and loved it, I enjoyed hours on the huge balcony with a big lounger bed, was bliss. We also had a really lovely dinner on our balcony, with butler bringing food from MDR. 

I would do it again in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

We LOVE the CS on S class ships.  Have been in them on all but the Solstice.  We've been lucky to book the ones on the hump slant that have very large balconies.  Yes, the bathroom is "small" and "yes" the tub is difficult to get in & out of, especially if you have mobility issues, (but nowhere near as bad as on E class ships CS) but the 2 entrances make it especially nice when one person is sleeping and the other is not. 

The suite is roomy, especially for 2 persons and we think far preferable to an SS.

It may not have all the RS perks but it also doesn't have the generally MUCH higher price either.  

• Like 2

The bathrooms in Sky Suites have that same tub issue.  I don't know why X doesn't do better with their bathroom setups in general, but those high tubs feel really precarious, even without mobility issues.  Other lines have tubs like you would find in a house, so it's obviously a design choice on the M- and S-Class ships. 

• Like 1

In our opinion CS and SS both have their pros and cons.  Two things we do like about the CS is that the sofa is L-shaped and therefore larger than a standard 3-person sofa.  Also, the CS has a walk-in closet with a chest of drawers adjoining the bedroom in addition to a closet in the entryway.  We do agree that the high sides of the tubs are difficult to navigate and potentially dangerous.

Mike and Mary

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

The bathrooms in Sky Suites have that same tub issue.  I don't know why X doesn't do better with their bathroom setups in general, but those high tubs feel really precarious, even without mobility issues.  Other lines have tubs like you would find in a house, so it's obviously a design choice on the M- and S-Class ships. 

AND the E Class...at least in the CS suites

The first time we booked a Celebrity Cruise was in a CS.  When I looked at a youtube video, DH immediately said "change that cabin...it's like being in an interior room!"  We like to lay on the bed and have a view of the water and we're use to the open floor plan of the RCCL Grand Suite.  We love the size of a CS, but would rather have a smaller SS that is not closed in. Every time Celebrity builds a new ship, we check the CS cabin and still won't book one.  

I never found a problem with the tubs in a Sky Suite, but maybe it's because I was younger then, not that I think I am old now.😅 I think the problem with the CS is that the tub is a whirlpool so it is higher than the tubs in sky suites.  Once you get to the RS you still have a whirl pool tub but a separate shower. A picture is sometimes worth a thousand words. See the bubbles. This was a CS on Summit.

bubble bath.jpg

• Like 1