Looking at MSC for 1st time - Poesia. Pros and cons?

YoPhilly

5 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Enjoy and travel safely. What parts are you visiting?

Gdansk, Warsaw, Poznan, Toruń, Wrocław, Krakow, and a small town near Rzeszow.  I visited Krakow 10 years ago and have wanted to return to see more of that beautiful country.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Poesia crusiers

I am going on my first-ever cruise on the 20th of December. We are going (me and my husband) with our 28-year-old son and his girlfriend, my 23-year-old daughter, and our 12-year-old daughter. We are staying in a balcony cabin on the 10th deck, and our children are in 2 inside places on the 9th deck. I see on sites that our balcony cabin 10122 has a sofa, and I wonder if that sofa turns into a bed. I am asking because if my older children want to stay late some nights, we might have our 12-year-old sleep in our cabin. 
So, does anybody know if the sofas on a balcony can be turned into a bed?

Thanks for the help

1 hour ago, polly0311 said:

Hello Poesia crusiers

I am going on my first-ever cruise on the 20th of December. We are going (me and my husband) with our 28-year-old son and his girlfriend, my 23-year-old daughter, and our 12-year-old daughter. We are staying in a balcony cabin on the 10th deck, and our children are in 2 inside places on the 9th deck. I see on sites that our balcony cabin 10122 has a sofa, and I wonder if that sofa turns into a bed. I am asking because if my older children want to stay late some nights, we might have our 12-year-old sleep in our cabin. 
So, does anybody know if the sofas on a balcony can be turned into a bed?

Thanks for the help

Yes it can.  The little triangle in the cabin on the deck plan indicates that cabin has a single sofa bed.  EM

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/24/2023 at 2:48 PM, YoPhilly said:

I've been cruising for ~35 years, with 1 HAL, 2 Carnival, 9 Princess, 10 Celebrity and 3 Oceania - pretty much in that order.  Much as I love Celebrity and Oceania, for a very port-intensive 11- night Baltic cruise, I'm drawn to the prices on MSC Poesia.  I may do this cruise as a solo, or possibly with my husband.  What can you tell me about Poesia - the make-up of fellow passengers, crew, dining (only what's included), cabin comfort, etc.  Please give me your pros and cons.  Thanks!

Use a travel agent!! That is my #1 recommendation.

Great product but the worst customer service if you have an issue.