The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday June 27th, 2023

richwmn

For our Canadian Dailyites, since July 1 is a Saturday will Canada Day be celebrated on Friday?  I can imagine for border areas a long holiday with July 4 being a Tuesday people being away from Friday all the way through Tuesday.

Roy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

For our Canadian Dailyites, since July 1 is a Saturday will Canada Day be celebrated on Friday?  I can imagine for border areas a long holiday with July 4 being a Tuesday people being away from Friday all the way through Tuesday.

Roy

We celebrate it on the day it falls, just like Christmas.  Some may get an extra day in lieu, but not all will, it depends on the employer.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning everyone, 

Thank you for all the kind thoughts. DH Phil passed away at 3:30 AM today. I got a call from the hospital a few minutes later. I'm at peace with things. We had some great adventures and he had a good life filled with family and travel.

Even though we have never met I feel that I have gotten to know you through your posts here. I am so sorry for your loss. May I suggest that when you feel up to it and have a few minutes you read the poem Gone From My Sight by Henry Van Dyke. I found great confort in that poem when my husband passed and I sincerely pray that it will confort you and give you strength.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning everyone, 

Thank you for all the kind thoughts. DH Phil passed away at 3:30 AM today. I got a call from the hospital a few minutes later. I'm at peace with things. We had some great adventures and he had a good life filled with family and travel. 

@rafinmd and others know that going to the concert was a true gift and I'm so glad we got to do it. We did have the Eurodam cruise but I moved it to next year along with the Discovery Princess one in August. The Westerdam one in September is paid for and I'm thinking I'll go on that one. 

DS is going to stop at the hospital this morning and get the few belongings that are there and he'll be here in an hour or so. I've talked to my Mom (almost 97 and a going concern) and she's spreading the news in Canada. It helps me out and makes her feel that she's being useful. I'm planning to stay home today as I haven't had a day at home in months and start taking care of what I can from here. Lots of notifications, etc. He wanted to be cremated and for us to have a party so will do that and party later in the summer. 

Thank you everyone! I'll check in during the day. 

Karen

😢💔 May your hearts be filled with wonderful memories of joyful times together. Prayers to you and your family and friends. 🙏 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

The auto companies are giving July 3 as the holiday and I believe the banks will also be closed on that day although they could simply close on July 1 since most are open on saturdays. Costco will be closed on July 1 and the shopping mall will have abbreviated open hours. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

The air-quality forecast for tomorrow is "unhealthy for sensitive groups." West of here, in the Buffalo area, it's like that already and will be "unhealthy" for everyone tomorrow. Where @dfish is, it was "unhealthy" today but should improve to "unhealthy for sensitive groups" tomorrow.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Jack @Heartgrove, Sam is beautiful!  You have an amazing vet who obviously cares about what she does. 

Sharon, Dr. Brandy truly is amazing. She told us that she would have returned next week for the ultrasound but her family is forcing her to take a mini-vacation next week. She just loves what she does!

• Like 6