richwmn

Today is National Onion Day, Sun Glasses Day, and Helen Keller Day

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted. - Mae West

Meal Suggestion for today - Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata
Drink of the Day - Berry White
Wine of the Day - Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough Section 94 2020
Destination of the Day - Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island, Hawaii

Today in History:
1542 Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo sets sail from the Mexican port of Navidad to explore the west coast of North America on behalf of the Spanish Empire

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 20:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 08:30 - 18:30

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Inverness, Scotland eta 6/28

Noordam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 15:00

Oosterdam

Santorini Island, Thira, Greece 08:00 - 20:00

Rotterdam

Kristiansand, Norway 08:00 - 17:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 6-28

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 21:00

Zaandam

Sydney NS, Nova Scotia Canada 10:00 - 18:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea destination Kirkwall, Scotland eta 28 Jun

0627Alaska.thumb.png.c1faed415c13ac129c59bb3d92d5a763.png

0627Atlantic.thumb.png.c12cb943d144331eec252a5841036873.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1

Today’s Care list:

Smitty34877’s DH recovering from surgery 

Luvteaching’s DH Phil in hospital with UTI, sepsis, kidney issues

Vict0riann’s Pat with urinary and kidney infections

Vict0riann’s chronic headache

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck (catmando) with a cancer recurrence

StLouisCruiser’s DB with a fall

Seasick Sailor’s DH with medical issues

Summer slope with a health issue

Srdancer with C. Diff infection

Marshhawk with elbow inflammation

Loss of crew and passengers in the Titan submersible 

Canadian wildfires, tornado victims 

Shooting victims again

Citizens of Ukraine, dam explosion with flooding

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Aliaschief and Kochleffel with falls

Ottahand7 toe injury

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kochleffel’s new fur babies

Dfish enjoying having River with her for a week

Catmando’s (marshhawk’s DH) DM Norma released from the hospital

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

Cruising/At Sea:

2 days for Oceansaway17 (Liberty of the Seas June 29 to July 8)

aliaschief (Azamara Journey to June 28), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina to July 23)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 17

Just a super quick wine du jour post. Heading back to the car dealer to have the replacement part installed. 

Praying for Lou & Phil. 

Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough Section 94 2020

New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs are much easier to look for - I appreciate the break. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $34.49.

Winemaker Notes

Section 94 is widely regarded as the most distinctive and greatest Sauvignon Blanc made in New Zealand today. James Healy and Ivan Sutherland were among the first to begin fermenting their Sauvignon in barrel with wild yeasts, a technique that along with the old vines from which they source, leads to a full-bodied wine that is less fruit-forward, more exotic, with immense textural complexity.

JS95 James Suckling
Layers of crushed stones, smoked almonds, green apples, lemon pith, white pepper, licorice and oyster shells. It's so powerful and concentrated. Tightly wound and phenolic with a medium body and sharp acidity. Intense, and just keeps going. Always a sophisticated and complex sauvignon blanc. From organically grown grapes. Drink or hold.
WS95 Wine Spectator

Stunning, with a complex, aromatic mix of beeswax, litsea oil, vetiver and honeysuckle notes up front, followed by ripe peach, melon and lemon curd flavors at the juicy core. Reveals whiffs of grilled lemon and smoke that swirl around the flavors, as well as a hint of crushed rock minerality on a supple, seamless frame. Gains momentum on the epic finish. Drink now.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 10

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily.

It is currently raining and 54°F here in North East England at 11.40am.

Sunglasses containing UV protection are important to protect our eyes.

Helen Keller was a remarkable lady.

Today's food looks nice.

Kauai was our favourite Hawaiian island on our Hawaiian island cruise on Grand Princess in November/December 2019.

The movie tour was amazing.

Prayers 🙏 for our friends and partners on the care list.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Picture 1 isSouth Pacific film island in the background.

Picture 2 is location of Gilligan's Island.

IMG_20191125_133837.jpg

IMG_20191125_124651.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Hats off to onions and sunglasses.  Helen Keller was an amazing person who overcame so much.  I’ve been fascinated by her ever since I read about her as a young boy.  Another funny quote by Mae West, a gift that keeps on giving.  The meal suggestion sounds delicious.  I’ll have to wait until I hear the ingredients for the drink. Haven’t been to today’s port.  Praying for everyone on our prayer list including @luvteaching’s husband Phil.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today.

• Like 27

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

We've got a foggy morning, we had lots of rain yesterday.

A good collection of days.  We need onions and sunglasses.  Helen Keller was amazing.

Very funny quote.

The meal sounds good.  I'm sure I'll like the wine, hope the drink is tasty too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a great day.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  Special prayers for @luvteaching as she prepares to bring Phil back for his final days.  The latest news to me makes that gift of the concert really special.  It sounds like June 27 was a real milestone in the European settlement of the West Coast.  Interesting quote by Mae West.  I have been to Kauai way back in 1992 but not by ship.   Helen Keller was a real inspiration.  I generally use transitions on my regular eyeglasses rather than sun glasses and will pass on the onions.  The meal sounds nice and I have no alternative.  I think I've had it a few times when traveling Acela Express First Class.

Roy

• Like 30

Good morning friends!  Woke up to heavily condensated windows so pretty humid out there.  It's 69F and the sun is peeping over the hills and treetops right now.  Today will be sunny and 89 for a high temp.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report.  Hoping Athens, Georgia is as nice as it is here.

I salute onions, sun glasses, and Helen Keller today.  I somehow raised a daughter who hates onions and pretty much any vegetable.  Weird, because I always had vegetables at mealtimes, and like onions in my cooking.  Sunglasses provide a great service to our eyes and our comfort.  And Helen Keller was an admirable woman and didn't let her disability stop her.  The quote is another fun one from Mae West.  I could probably enjoy the chicken dish today and thank Debbie @dfish for her recipes and photos.  The drink is probably not for me but I appreciate the punny name.  And the Sauvignon Blanc sounds great.  Thank you to both Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their continuing work on beverages.  

Today's day in history salutes another explorer.  Lucky for him he didn't have as far to go in his explorations.

Prayers abound for the many here who need them.  We especially want to mention Karen's @luvteaching DH Phil and Terry's @smitty34877 DH Lou.  I admire Karen's steadfastness in caring for her husband.  The tough decision has been made and I'm sure he is grateful you held to his position.  I do hope the plans proceed for him to come home for hospice.  Blessings and prayers for you and your family.🙏  Meanwhile hoping and praying for a quick recovery at the hospital so Lou can get home with everyone.  Praying also the chemo will do the trick.  Prayers also for Joy's @Seasick Sailor's Allen that his kidney issues are improving, as well as Ann @Vict0riann's DH Pat with his kidney problems.  I'm hoping to hear Annie's @marshhawk's DH Chuck @catmando was able to get an appointment with his oncologist to go over their plan for him.  For all here who feel under the weather, prayers for improvement soon.  My DB goes to his orthopedist today to discuss his shoulder injury and may schedule surgery ASAP due to pain.  Meanwhile he is still managing his IPF with the miracle drug he was given.  In addition I spoke with my friend yesterday whose DB has bile duct cancer and he is hanging in there.🙏  Since I was on the phone yesterday afternoon I forgot my nap!  Maybe later today.  Sincere appreciation to Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists today.  Hoping your day goes well with PT, etc. and BFF's mohs surgery is quick and pain free.

Three cheers for all celebrating something and especially anyone cruising.  🥂🚢  Let's hear some more good news everyone!  I'm glad to hear Bruce @aliaschief and Paul @kochleffel survived their falls with little bruising or scrapes.  Let's all watch our steps!

Nawiliwili is an amazing port in Kauia.  I'm happy to say I've been there a time or three.  I found two prior postings for Nawiliwili, Aug. 11, 2021 and July 22, 2022.  Below are the links to those dates, and my photos from back then.  Enjoy your memories of that port as you post your beautiful photos!

We have seen Nawiliwili three times on Princess ships, the Diamond once and the Golden twice.  Nawiliwili is one of my favorite spots to watch the sail in.  It's such a twisty, turny entrance that can only be done during daytime hours.  If a tour is late and the sun is coming down, the ship must leave without them and wait outside the harbor.  Otherwise the ship is forced to stay until morning.  We did a tour of Waimea Canyon, Wailua River, the Fern Grotto, viewed Opaekaa Falls and enjoyed lunch in a hotel as part of the tour.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIhzBOqbmIz1KC3hWCbmL7u?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

See the tug boat in this photo?  The ship must squeeze between the land/rocks on both the left and right where the tug boat is, then turn to port 90 degrees to miss the land right there in front of you, move over to the water on the left side, then turn completely around facing out.  I imagine if the winds are too high you would have to cancel your visit.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNkWMTwk-Mu_qjLUHoDvCB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Squeezing through.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKxxPbct90O7UGrX9JmYrxx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Turning 90 degrees.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKebEE05_2rpWySYkkn-4cu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Quite a feat!!

Blow hole along the coast on way to Waimea Canyon.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKifJssM1K48ShAF6pvwD7S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0znzN32riSGKstesjpbpG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Waimea Canyon, which is like an Hawaiian Grand Canyon.  Not as big of course.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPxf-ayruuJ8PwKnto0n0y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7ww5IgAWtsJgVyS5Hdw1O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJBia2cWCiQeh15jij2vfzm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Wailua River boat ride00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgAvKkYuwTqlnyBqq8jYew?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIX2_CaC-3ZyGsMnUdNeZQZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLS7Ufw1Zesczru5Y0QMgMd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Fern grotto00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK1Lc7iNIHXum3T0rUACR0i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEib-Pc2JXUwJHzkxLDJYB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLxLmLThe-9PK-DfIIqPn9f?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK4L1Ntr2JqVyLdiewXi_0A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ5YVc-B0fU7-cQ68Idk0Da?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJgYFN2bI8Ws2DRuCqTsUj-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Hoping everyone enjoys their Tuesday!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Woke up to heavily condensated windows so pretty humid out there.  It's 69F and the sun is peeping over the hills and treetops right now.  Today will be sunny and 89 for a high temp.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report.  Hoping Athens, Georgia is as nice as it is here.

I salute onions, sun glasses, and Helen Keller today.  I somehow raised a daughter who hates onions and pretty much any vegetable.  Weird, because I always had vegetables at mealtimes, and like onions in my cooking.  Sunglasses provide a great service to our eyes and our comfort.  And Helen Keller was an admirable woman and didn't let her disability stop her.  The quote is another fun one from Mae West.  I could probably enjoy the chicken dish today and thank Debbie @dfish for her recipes and photos.  The drink is probably not for me but I appreciate the punny name.  And the Sauvignon Blanc sounds great.  Thank you to both Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their continuing work on beverages.  

Today's day in history salutes another explorer.  Lucky for him he didn't have as far to go in his explorations.

Prayers abound for the many here who need them.  We especially want to mention Karen's @luvteaching DH Phil and Terry's @smitty34877 DH Lou.  I admire Karen's steadfastness in caring for her husband.  The tough decision has been made and I'm sure he is grateful you held to his position.  I do hope the plans proceed for him to come home for hospice.  Blessings and prayers for you and your family.🙏  Meanwhile hoping and praying for a quick recovery at the hospital so Lou can get home with everyone.  Praying also the chemo will do the trick.  Prayers also for Joy's @Seasick Sailor's Allen that his kidney issues are improving, as well as Ann @Vict0riann's DH Pat with his kidney problems.  I'm hoping to hear Annie's @marshhawk's DH Chuck @catmando was able to get an appointment with his oncologist to go over their plan for him.  For all here who feel under the weather, prayers for improvement soon.  My DB goes to his orthopedist today to discuss his shoulder injury and may schedule surgery ASAP due to pain.  Meanwhile he is still managing his IPF with the miracle drug he was given.  In addition I spoke with my friend yesterday whose DB has bile duct cancer and he is hanging in there.🙏  Since I was on the phone yesterday afternoon I forgot my nap!  Maybe later today.  Sincere appreciation to Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists today.  Hoping your day goes well with PT, etc. and BFF's mohs surgery is quick and pain free.

Three cheers for all celebrating something and especially anyone cruising.  🥂🚢  Let's hear some more good news everyone!  I'm glad to hear Bruce @aliaschief and Paul @kochleffel survived their falls with little bruising or scrapes.  Let's all watch our steps!

Nawiliwili is an amazing port in Kauia.  I'm happy to say I've been there a time or three.  I found two prior postings for Nawiliwili, Aug. 11, 2021 and July 22, 2022.  Below are the links to those dates, and my photos from back then.  Enjoy your memories of that port as you post your beautiful photos!

We have seen Nawiliwili three times on Princess ships, the Diamond once and the Golden twice.  Nawiliwili is one of my favorite spots to watch the sail in.  It's such a twisty, turny entrance that can only be done during daytime hours.  If a tour is late and the sun is coming down, the ship must leave without them and wait outside the harbor.  Otherwise the ship is forced to stay until morning.  We did a tour of Waimea Canyon, Wailua River, the Fern Grotto, viewed Opaekaa Falls and enjoyed lunch in a hotel as part of the tour.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIhzBOqbmIz1KC3hWCbmL7u?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

See the tug boat in this photo?  The ship must squeeze between the land/rocks on both the left and right where the tug boat is, then turn to port 90 degrees to miss the land right there in front of you, move over to the water on the left side, then turn completely around facing out.  I imagine if the winds are too high you would have to cancel your visit.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNkWMTwk-Mu_qjLUHoDvCB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Squeezing through.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKxxPbct90O7UGrX9JmYrxx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Turning 90 degrees.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKebEE05_2rpWySYkkn-4cu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Quite a feat!!

Blow hole along the coast on way to Waimea Canyon.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKifJssM1K48ShAF6pvwD7S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0znzN32riSGKstesjpbpG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Waimea Canyon, which is like an Hawaiian Grand Canyon.  Not as big of course.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPxf-ayruuJ8PwKnto0n0y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7ww5IgAWtsJgVyS5Hdw1O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJBia2cWCiQeh15jij2vfzm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Wailua River boat ride00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgAvKkYuwTqlnyBqq8jYew?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIX2_CaC-3ZyGsMnUdNeZQZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLS7Ufw1Zesczru5Y0QMgMd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Fern grotto00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK1Lc7iNIHXum3T0rUACR0i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEib-Pc2JXUwJHzkxLDJYB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLxLmLThe-9PK-DfIIqPn9f?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK4L1Ntr2JqVyLdiewXi_0A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ5YVc-B0fU7-cQ68Idk0Da?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJgYFN2bI8Ws2DRuCqTsUj-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Hoping everyone enjoys their Tuesday!

Interesting photos Sandi.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It is very humid with more thunderstorms  expected  today.

@luvteaching, I hope that the Home Hospice set up for Phil goes well.Sending prayers for all.As Roy said, I am so glad he got out to the concert with you.

@kochleffel,Paul, I hope the swelling from your fall is decreasing and congratulations  on your new kitties.Very classy names.

DH stayed in the recovery room all night as there were no available hospital beds.I have his hearing aids and will bring them this morning  when DD and I try to find him.It is a huge hospital .I spoke to the nurses who said he was doing well.

I found both dogs lying on the bed after I got out of the shower.They are looking for him all over the house.Neither wanted to eat breakfast earlier.I know how they feel!

Hoping for a good day for everyone.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

Berry White cocktail:

Berry White Recipe
The Berry White cocktail recipe is a sexy blue colored drink made from UV Blue raspberry vodka, white crème de cacao, triple sec and lime juice, and served in a chilled cocktail glass.
Ingredients
3/4 oz Raspberry Vodka (UV Blue)
3/4 oz White Creme de Cacao
3/4 oz Triple Sec
3/4 oz Lime Juice
Lime - for garnish
Garnish: Lime
Glass: Cocktail Glass
Directions
Shake all ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a lime twist and a slice of lime.

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 7.31.29 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 11

Good morning everyone,   I missed yesterday as I was commenting on my phone and I hit the wrong blue bubble for @richwmn and I could not delete the bubble for the life of me.  I kept signing back in but those comments remained.  Today is a new day.

Thanks Rich for the Daily and Fleet Reports each day.   I use sunglasses almost daily in the summer and we have onions daily in whatever permutation of salad we have each day.   Helen Keller was an inspiration and a great book to read for elementary school kids.     A great quote by Mae West.   Today's chicken I bet will be great and I look forward to @dfish Debbie's recipes today.   @cat shepard thanks for signing on early for our wine commentary.  It sounds like a great one for summer.   I look forward to @summer slope cocktail recipe.   Many thanks for the photos from today's port.    Thanks Sandi and Graham for the photos of today's port.   We will be there in 2025 God Willing.   It was interesting to hear about what I difficult port it is to access.  

@JazzyV thanks for keeping our cares and celebrations list.   Special prayers for @marshhawk and her DH, @smitty34877 for her DH and for Tana and @luvteaching and her DH, and family.   Prayers for all needing them and the people of Ukraine.   

We had a nice visit to Escanaba yesterday and a Mexican lunch.   When we dodge bad weather days at the cabin it is sometimes a Monday and places we would really like to dine are closed.   We went to the grocery store Meijer and I had intended on using one of those electric carts to give my foot a break but they were all charging so I limped around to get dairy and produce.    I did pretty well.   I am glad John did Menard's on his own.   After no rain for so long I bet we got 2.5" and more due tomorrow and the next few days.  Our freshly repaired road is really soft after all of the rain.  John will mow the lawn and I will try to get some weeds before they go to seed.   Maybe fishing if it doesn't blow.   

I look forward to more photos of Kauai.   I have never been there before.  Have a nice day.  Nancy 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Berry White cocktail:

Berry White Recipe
The Berry White cocktail recipe is a sexy blue colored drink made from UV Blue raspberry vodka, white crème de cacao, triple sec and lime juice, and served in a chilled cocktail glass.
Ingredients
3/4 oz Raspberry Vodka (UV Blue)
3/4 oz White Creme de Cacao
3/4 oz Triple Sec
3/4 oz Lime Juice
Lime - for garnish
Garnish: Lime
Glass: Cocktail Glass
Directions
Shake all ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a lime twist and a slice of lime.

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 7.31.29 AM.png

I think this is a repeat drink. Anyway one of Barry White’s hit songs was “You’re the One I Need”; so I guess I need this drink! 😳

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

Good morning, everyone!  

It is cool and gloomy out this morning and looks like rain.  That would be ok with me as we can still use it.  I think the weather has brought on a migraine for Sue as she isn't up yet.  She's usually up by 7:00 at the latest.  As soon as I get this posted, I will go check on her and River.  We have nothing planned for today as it is a day of rest after yesterday.  

I would love to try the drink today and the wine sounds good to me as well.  

Today's meal sounds wonderful.  I would skip the pasta part and use spaghetti squash or zoodles.  Perhaps riced cauliflower.  I love anything lemon, so this meal is right up my alley.  Here's our first recipe:  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/creamy-lemon-chicken-piccata/

lemonchickenpiccata1.thumb.jpg.e023a077f386fb48a23fd53f6f08c659.jpg

I liked the looks of this next one and it has a bit more lemon in it.  They suggest using almond flour to flour the chicken to make it lower in carbs as well as swapping out the noodles.  https://therecipecritic.com/creamy-lemon-chicken-piccatta/

lemonchickenpiccata2.thumb.jpg.ae7667bcb29370e584c260ded4869c67.jpg

Here is one more that is slightly different from the others, but not by much.  I don't think you could go wrong with any of the recipes.  https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/creamy-lemon-chicken-piccata-fettuccine/

lemonchickenpiccata3.thumb.jpg.6f4e763a75a17ab67204e9e95538a72e.jpg

Prayers for Phil and Lou.  Holding @luvteaching and @smitty34877 close today.   Also wishing good news for all of the other ailing spouses.  

Wishing everyone a great day.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 14

Good morning from central Texas.  It is 77F and feels like 77F with a 11mph wind.  I will take my walk in a few minutes then head to the store before it gets hot.  It looks like a sunny day, but it will still be in the triple digits until Sunday.

We line onions in a lot of our dishes, and the last time I was at the warehouse club, they had a great deal on sweet Vidalia onions.  In Texas and Arizona, you need sunglasses most days.  Helen Keller was an amazing woman, and so was Annie Sullivan who opened the world for Helen.

As usual, the Mae West quote made be chuckle.

The meal sounds good and the recipes look good.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine though.

I've lost track of how many times we've been to Nawiliwili beginning in 1996.

It's also another important in the exploration of the New World.

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  Special prayers for @luvteaching as she prepares to bring Phil back for his final days.  The latest news to me makes that gift of the concert really special.  It sounds like June 27 was a real milestone in the European settlement of the West Coast.  Interesting quote by Mae West.  I have been to Kauai way back in 1992 but not by ship.   Helen Keller was a real inspiration.  I generally use transitions on my regular eyeglasses rather than sun glasses and will pass on the onions.  The meal sounds nice and I have no alternative.  I think I've had it a few times when traveling Acela Express First Class.

Roy

Roy, I was thinking the same thing about @luvteaching Karen and Phil's outing to the concert.  In spite of the problems with the transportation, it will be a great memory for her in the coming days and months.

46 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is very humid with more thunderstorms  expected  today.

@luvteaching, I hope that the Home Hospice set up for Phil goes well.Sending prayers for all.As Roy said, I am so glad he got out to the concert with you.

@kochleffel,Paul, I hope the swelling from your fall is decreasing and congratulations  on your new kitties.Very classy names.

DH stayed in the recovery room all night as there were no available hospital beds.I have his hearing aids and will bring them this morning  when DD and I try to find him.It is a huge hospital .I spoke to the nurses who said he was doing well.

I found both dogs lying on the bed after I got out of the shower.They are looking for him all over the house.Neither wanted to eat breakfast earlier.I know how they feel!

Hoping for a good day for everyone.

Terry, I'm glad your DH, Lou, is doing well.  I hope he gets a room soon, and that it is easy to find him.

33 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning everyone,   I missed yesterday as I was commenting on my phone and I hit the wrong blue bubble for @richwmn and I could not delete the bubble for the life of me.  I kept signing back in but those comments remained.  Today is a new day.

Thanks Rich for the Daily and Fleet Reports each day.   I use sunglasses almost daily in the summer and we have onions daily in whatever permutation of salad we have each day.   Helen Keller was an inspiration and a great book to read for elementary school kids.     A great quote by Mae West.   Today's chicken I bet will be great and I look forward to @dfish Debbie's recipes today.   @cat shepard thanks for signing on early for our wine commentary.  It sounds like a great one for summer.   I look forward to @summer slope cocktail recipe.   Many thanks for the photos from today's port.    Thanks Sandi and Graham for the photos of today's port.   We will be there in 2025 God Willing.   It was interesting to hear about what I difficult port it is to access.  

@JazzyV thanks for keeping our cares and celebrations list.   Special prayers for @marshhawk and her DH, @smitty34877 for her DH and for Tana and @luvteaching and her DH, and family.   Prayers for all needing them and the people of Ukraine.   

We had a nice visit to Escanaba yesterday and a Mexican lunch.   When we dodge bad weather days at the cabin it is sometimes a Monday and places we would really like to dine are closed.   We went to the grocery store Meijer and I had intended on using one of those electric carts to give my foot a break but they were all charging so I limped around to get dairy and produce.    I did pretty well.   I am glad John did Menard's on his own.   After no rain for so long I bet we got 2.5" and more due tomorrow and the next few days.  Our freshly repaired road is really soft after all of the rain.  John will mow the lawn and I will try to get some weeds before they go to seed.   Maybe fishing if it doesn't blow.   

I look forward to more photos of Kauai.   I have never been there before.  Have a nice day.  Nancy 

Nancy, I'm glad you got some much needed rain, and I hope the road stays passable with the rain.  I hope the toe is feeling better today.

11 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!  

It is cool and gloomy out this morning and looks like rain.  That would be ok with me as we can still use it.  I think the weather has brought on a migraine for Sue as she isn't up yet.  She's usually up by 7:00 at the latest.  As soon as I get this posted, I will go check on her and River.  We have nothing planned for today as it is a day of rest after yesterday.  

I would love to try the drink today and the wine sounds good to me as well.  

Today's meal sounds wonderful.  I would skip the pasta part and use spaghetti squash or zoodles.  Perhaps riced cauliflower.  I love anything lemon, so this meal is right up my alley.  Here's our first recipe:  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/creamy-lemon-chicken-piccata/

lemonchickenpiccata1.thumb.jpg.e023a077f386fb48a23fd53f6f08c659.jpg

I liked the looks of this next one and it has a bit more lemon in it.  They suggest using almond flour to flour the chicken to make it lower in carbs as well as swapping out the noodles.  https://therecipecritic.com/creamy-lemon-chicken-piccatta/

lemonchickenpiccata2.thumb.jpg.ae7667bcb29370e584c260ded4869c67.jpg

Here is one more that is slightly different from the others, but not by much.  I don't think you could go wrong with any of the recipes.  https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/creamy-lemon-chicken-piccata-fettuccine/

lemonchickenpiccata3.thumb.jpg.6f4e763a75a17ab67204e9e95538a72e.jpg

Prayers for Phil and Lou.  Holding @luvteaching and @smitty34877 close today.   Also wishing good news for all of the other ailing spouses.  

Wishing everyone a great day.

Debbie, I hope Sue does not have a migraine, and if so, that she feels better soon.  Enjoy your day of rest.

@RedneckBob  RNB, this one is for you.

355491187_10227857316451125_6626145231755465080_n.jpg.f0e472d74adca8a9b94d574eaee9aad1.jpg

355353590_214146264869383_6221266589168806766_n.thumb.jpg.24b634d1e6b01004e9fdea8b4a989bff.jpg

355636142_10229804847082872_2816899361746954390_n.jpg.00258126b6129d4b77005d3e5816a00d.jpg

355848610_10231242180862277_3123902989400587052_n.thumb.jpg.c31136b91372579e5439aae1e3ca5275.jpg

355871960_643578221138522_9062870553530562722_n.thumb.jpg.6b0998a8f3cbab1617bfed4af4539e1e.jpg

355876111_814259236733920_3062001330254401168_n.jpg.e0aca2abdff3765e4588a3d3dcc29c7e.jpg

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 10

Good Morning,  thanks for today's report.  I think I'd like today's meal suggestion do look forward pictures and recipes from @dfish

Yesterday afternoon was a mixed bag of events.  I received an upsell offer for the July cruise and took it. Now I'll have coffee in the room.  As soon as I hung up with HAL an email from the CEO came out.  The company laid off 2% of the staff.  The first time for this company.  I'm safe at the moment but will check spending on the near future.  Today is an in office day and everyone is upset.

I hope everyone has a nice day today.

• Like 29

These are some of the pictures I posted previously of Nawiliwili and Kauai.

The Hollywood tour is a great tour if your like movies and tv shows.

All of these pictures relate to the Hollywood tour and our Na Pali coast tour in 2007.

The Coco Palms was featured in Blue Hawaii, but unfortunately, it was very badly damaged by about 30 years ago by Hurricane Iniki.  On July 27, it was sold in a foreclosure sale, and it's fate is unknown. 

One interesting fact about the movie is the movie company expected the owner to tell her guests to leave while they filmed the movie.  They were thinking the could stay there and not have to make reservations.  The owner had other ideas, and refused to ask her guests to leave.  Elvis had stayed at the Coco Palms before, and knowing the owner, had wisely reserved a bungalow for himself.  Since they could not film in the bungalows, they had to use the one Elvis had rented and redecorate it for the shots set in other bungalows.

Coco Palms in 2007

IMG_1170.thumb.JPG.0195e17aaa9112110e459b9808acd036.JPG

IMG_1156.thumb.JPG.221ceaa1bde5d5a15d24f1125f1d3aac.JPG

IMG_1158.thumb.JPG.fb23683dff36cde7438e4c0774f2330c.JPG

IMG_1161.thumb.JPG.2992efb29ec0a207ac22800cff15bd30.JPG

IMG_1166.thumb.JPG.5691d1321b5c3f02457d2914d2c5c289.JPG

The barge from the wedding scene without the outriggers

IMG_1163.thumb.JPG.60297a0a8650d51dc1214fdf50cb8fa6.JPG

Coco Palms in 2018 when we made it to Nawiliwili on Coral Princess that fall.

DSC06002.thumb.JPG.da1309d0a370b8a5b59adecc3e76bb0d.JPG

The other iconic movie site was the pier on Hanalei that was used in South Pacific.  In 2007, it still had the roof from the movie before it was destroyed by a storm a few years later.

IMG_1197.thumb.JPG.37107cbc212369b863f7007628766b28.JPG

Without the roof in 2013

P1060373.thumb.JPG.103ab63f1d29dfcfeedf5337b9df9af1.JPG

With the new roof in 2014

DSC00740.thumb.JPG.2d3995bedda51a04e9b0f70920c22ee2.JPG

Some views of the Na Pali coast and caves that can only be accessed by boat

IMG_1702.thumb.JPG.4d86183b40f860b0297c595fd02d4a51.JPG

IMG_1707.thumb.JPG.4133397b6d5535b01fc9d21ca9b1b252.JPG

IMG_1709.thumb.JPG.6266a5733c6de2154fc13bf4e3d21c31.JPG

IMG_1718.thumb.JPG.18d4325c0cc8d81acd9fc76e62d9818e.JPG

IMG_1719.thumb.JPG.e43422f8c92c85822db015f81cb79a41.JPG

Some of these views were featured in Jurassic Park.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8

I have a few more pictures from our various cruises to Kauai and from our drives around the island.  Most are from areas that the tours do not visit.  

A church in Hanalei, and IIFC, it is the oldest church on Kauai.

DSC08525.thumb.JPG.5c3e3e956d3a20fe7bc997e27143b41c.JPG

I believe these are taro fields 

DSC08528.thumb.JPG.0cb2184c758d9488a86716d97af55def.JPG

And this colorful bird was sitting on the fence

DSC08518.thumb.JPG.634668aa59c8decf30c51d8ff5004541.JPG

The Kilaueu Lighthouse on the north shore of Kauai

P1060367.thumb.JPG.18ea2c635cac0b9d740ed18c5cf86355.JPG

An abandoned sugar mill on a back road on the way back from Poipu 

DSC08546.thumb.JPG.2676bf0ff510de269f434ce656d545d0.JPG

Duane's Ono Char Burger is north of Kapaa.  We try to stop there and split a burger and an order of onion rings.  A friend recommended it, and he was right, they are great burgers.  There are tables under the trees, along with the resident chickens.

P1060384.thumb.JPG.8d9bcdde0aa20c5b5da219111ff30f80.JPG

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

17 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

These are some of the pictures I posted previously of Nawiliwili and Kauai.

The Hollywood tour is a great tour if your like movies and tv shows.

All of these pictures relate to the Hollywood tour and our Na Pali coast tour in 2007.

The Coco Palms was featured in Blue Hawaii, but unfortunately, it was very badly damaged by about 30 years ago by Hurricane Iniki.  On July 27, it was sold in a foreclosure sale, and it's fate is unknown. 

One interesting fact about the movie is the movie company expected the owner to tell her guests to leave while they filmed the movie.  They were thinking the could stay there and not have to make reservations.  The owner had other ideas, and refused to ask her guests to leave.  Elvis had stayed at the Coco Palms before, and knowing the owner, had wisely reserved a bungalow for himself.  Since they could not film in the bungalows, they had to use the one Elvis had rented and redecorate it for the shots set in other bungalows.

Coco Palms in 2007

IMG_1170.thumb.JPG.0195e17aaa9112110e459b9808acd036.JPG

IMG_1156.thumb.JPG.221ceaa1bde5d5a15d24f1125f1d3aac.JPG

IMG_1158.thumb.JPG.fb23683dff36cde7438e4c0774f2330c.JPG

IMG_1161.thumb.JPG.2992efb29ec0a207ac22800cff15bd30.JPG

IMG_1166.thumb.JPG.5691d1321b5c3f02457d2914d2c5c289.JPG

The barge from the wedding scene without the outriggers

IMG_1163.thumb.JPG.60297a0a8650d51dc1214fdf50cb8fa6.JPG

Coco Palms in 2018 when we made it to Nawiliwili on Coral Princess that fall.

DSC06002.thumb.JPG.da1309d0a370b8a5b59adecc3e76bb0d.JPG

The other iconic movie site was the pier on Hanalei that was used in South Pacific.  In 2007, it still had the roof from the movie before it was destroyed by a storm a few years later.

IMG_1197.thumb.JPG.37107cbc212369b863f7007628766b28.JPG

Without the roof in 2013

P1060373.thumb.JPG.103ab63f1d29dfcfeedf5337b9df9af1.JPG

With the new roof in 2014

DSC00740.thumb.JPG.2d3995bedda51a04e9b0f70920c22ee2.JPG

Some views of the Na Pali coast and caves that can only be accessed by boat

IMG_1702.thumb.JPG.4d86183b40f860b0297c595fd02d4a51.JPG

IMG_1707.thumb.JPG.4133397b6d5535b01fc9d21ca9b1b252.JPG

IMG_1709.thumb.JPG.6266a5733c6de2154fc13bf4e3d21c31.JPG

IMG_1718.thumb.JPG.18d4325c0cc8d81acd9fc76e62d9818e.JPG

IMG_1719.thumb.JPG.e43422f8c92c85822db015f81cb79a41.JPG

Some of these views were featured in Jurassic Park.

Lenda

Great photos Lenda.

The movie tour was a big highlight of our Hawaiian cruise as well as our tour to Pearl harbour. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning! Thank you for the F & D, especially the pictures of the port. I took my niece on the NCL Pride of America in 2011 for her high school graduation.  Kauai was our favorite island.  We took a helicopter tour which I highly recommend as the best way to see the beautiful canyons, waterfalls, coast and flora.  Kauai truly lives up to its name The Garden Island.  We also enjoyed the cruise along the Napoli coast as we left the island.  Unfortunately, I have no digital photos to share but did enjoy looking through the photo book my niece created for me as a thank you gift this morning. I look forward to returning with my DH in 2025.

IMG_7606.jpeg.3ad1074ecb412e56090489775f022897.jpeg

Positive thoughts for all with medical issues and those who are caring for them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 26