NCLH Press Release on “Simply More”

Classiccruiser777

4 minutes ago, basor said:

I also have checked other cruises and not found any large increases but that does take away the fun of finding a reason that a comparison isn't good enough.....01JUL or before if your TA has the pricing, you will have your answers....

No hurry. Planning travel more than a few months out is not my style, but I love to shop!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, basor said:

This will be so disappointing for those that were wringing hands and vowing to never sail O again due to the massive price increase to line FRD and JR's pocket after 0JUL....😂

Nah the numbers aren’t in yet. I wouldn’t be betting on minimal increases. They aren’t in the business of giving stuff away. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Nah the numbers aren’t in yet. I wouldn’t be betting on minimal increases. They aren’t in the business of giving stuff away. 

Hope springs eternal for your scenario....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

An optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds, the pessimist agrees with that.

Nah, an optimist believes things will be better for the future, the pessimist believes everyone is out to take advantage of us, especially CEOs. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Nah, an optimist believes things will be better for the future, the pessimist believes everyone is out to take advantage of us, especially CEOs. 😉

That makes CEOs the opportunists. 

13 hours ago, ORV said:

Since you've found out in other posts that you can use it for any tour you could always take one of those private cars for the day tours and have them take you wherever you want to go. Afterall, you already paid for it and have the credit. That is if you choose Oceania for future cruises. 

True!

If I can find an O excursion that interests me, we can use the credit. If not, we’ll let it go unused. No different than coming back to the ship for a free lunch or not. Use it or lose it. Depends upon the offering.

My only remark is renting a car and driver costs Oceania money. (A). Will that remain a tour option; (B) Will the new tour price become something huge like $1.5K each which is above most credits?

I don’t know why people are making fun of those leaving O.  The cruises will cost quite a bit “more” and if that is the bottom line (cost) people will move up to luxury all inclusive or down to lines with add on or not choices.  I think itineraries, size of ship, then clientele on ships will still influence choices. When a line disappoints people leave.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The cruise lines do their "happy dance" when their most loyal passengers decide to leave because loyalty benefits cost $$$. They rather replace them with first time cruisers who don't cost them benefits and take all of the extras to make their cruise special to them. Unless the market conditions change al cruise lines will continue to raise their fares.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, Orator said:

The cruise lines do their "happy dance" when their most loyal passengers decide to leave because loyalty benefits cost $$$. They rather replace them with first time cruisers who don't cost them benefits and take all of the extras to make their cruise special to them. Unless the market conditions change al cruise lines will continue to raise their fares.

If this was true then cruise lines wouldn’t offer loyalty benefits. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Orator said:

The cruise lines do their "happy dance" when their most loyal passengers decide to leave because loyalty benefits cost $$$. They rather replace them with first time cruisers who don't cost them benefits and take all of the extras to make their cruise special to them. 

I don't believe it. The loyalists are the best ambassadors for every line (this is true for any product or brand). They are the best source of new customers. And when they leave, they often take their friends with them. Loyalty benefits are a very small part of the total cruise fare.

• Like 5

I think you need to see it through their lens. If you were in the upper echelon of a loyalty program and your benefits & recognition you had earned over the years and were promised were being cut in favor of those that spent the big bucks on suites then you might see it that way. I think I might. I don't really think any of us liked it when our perks were reduced back in the fall of 19

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

I think you need to see it through their lens. If you were in the upper echelon of a loyalty program and your benefits & recognition you had earned over the years and were promised were being cut in favor of those that spent the big bucks on suites then you might see it that way. I think I might. I don't really think any of us liked it when our perks were reduced back in the fall of 19

Also back in 2013  some of the  perks were cut

They can change  the  loyalty program anytime  they  want

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

I don't believe it. The loyalists are the best ambassadors for every line (this is true for any product or brand). They are the best source of new customers. And when they leave, they often take their friends with them. Loyalty benefits are a very small part of the total cruise fare.

In our personal experience, at least 4 other families took Oceania cruises based on our recommendation. Two of them have taken multiple Oceania cruises, sometimes joining us, typically in higher fare cabins.

We have also given Oceania flyers and catalogs to many people who were interested in cruising and may have taken an Oceania cruise.

2 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

In our personal experience, at least 4 other families took Oceania cruises based on our recommendation. Two of them have taken multiple Oceania cruises, sometimes joining us, typically in higher fare cabins.

We have also given Oceania flyers and catalogs to many people who were interested in cruising and may have taken an Oceania cruise.

Same with us. Referrals are the best source of business for any business.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grifdoglover said:

I don’t know why people are making fun of those leaving O.  The cruises will cost quite a bit “more” and if that is the bottom line (cost) people will move up to luxury all inclusive or down to lines with add on or not choices.  I think itineraries, size of ship, then clientele on ships will still influence choices. When a line disappoints people leave.

And when loyal customers leave due to being disappointed they tell everyone they know how poorly they were treated. Negative word of mouth has far more impact than positive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, susiesan said:

And when loyal customers leave due to being disappointed they tell everyone they know how poorly they were treated. Negative word of mouth has far more impact than positive.

Agreed.  For example, I've told everybody I possibly can to avoid Europcar because of a terrible experience with their Dublin, Ireland airport location.  They were literally advising every car that came in that the car was damaged so they could extort them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brad1185 said:

If they were including tips then we would have something to talk about 

Why do you want tips included? That's one thing we can get from our TA, prepaid gratuities, since TAs th are not allowed to discount Oceania cruises.. If O starts including tips along with simply more, what would be the benefit to booking with a TA? With shore ex and beverages included, what would we use OBC coming from a TA for? 

4 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Why do you want tips included? That's one thing we can get from our TA, prepaid gratuities, since TAs th are not allowed to discount Oceania cruises.. If O starts including tips along with simply more, what would be the benefit to booking with a TA? With shore ex and beverages included, what would we use OBC coming from a TA for? 

Rebates?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, basor said:

Rebates, OBC and pre-paid gratuities and/or a combination of these are the most common TA offerings

Yep. Our TA sends us a rebate check few weeks before the sailing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Yep. Our TA sends us a rebate check few weeks before the sailing.

Must be a Canadian thing. I have never found a US TA that would give me a rebate on an Oceania cruise. I am getting one for my AZ cruise next year, $500 after the cruise is taken.