Formal Nights On The First Three Voyages

Keith1010

Some of you have been asking about Formal nights on the first few cruises so you can factor this into where you make specialty restaurant reservations and other plans.

Formal nights are as follows on the first three Crystal Serenity Cruises.

July 31st voyage - Two, August 4th Calvi and 10th Sea Day
August 12th voyage - One, August 19th Sea Day
August 22 voyage - One, August 28th Sea Day

Symphony will not have formals on the first three cruises as they are short voyages. They are September, 1st, Septebmer 8th and September 18th voyages.

I hope this helps with your planning.

It is so very exciting that with each passing day each ship is getting closer to their inaugural voyages.

Cheers

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ctjon said:

Is the formal wear requirements the same as the former Crystal? 

This is from the Crystal website under Q&A's. I copied an pasted the Formal Evening information but the daytime and other evening information is part of the Q&A information about attire.

Keith

Formal Evening

On sailings over seven days, there will be at least one optional ship-wide formal night (depending on the length of the segment), which will require more formal cocktail chic attire. These special events will be defined in your personal pre-sailing guide. 

Suggestions for a Formal Evening look: 

Women 

Cocktail dresses or gowns 

Suits Evening skirts or pants with an elegant top 

Evening shoes 

Men

Suits or tuxedos 

Shirts 

Dress shoes 

Ties (optional)

• Thanks 1

Ayeeyah...  What a mess.  First, it is "optional" ship-wide formal night.  Does that mean if you don't want to take part in the optional formal night you are still allowed ship-wide access, since it is optional?  But then it says it will "require" more formal dress.  So does that mean it is not optional??

Then it says "more formal cocktail chic attire".  What the heck is that??  That's not a recognized standard dress code.  That's like saying "more formal cocktail snappy country club chic casual-but-dressy, night-on-the-town attire"

Then is suggests for men to wear suits or tuxedos.  Tuxedos are not "cocktail chic attire", whatever that means.  Tuxedos are for "formal" or "black tie" events.  They suggest shirts - always an excellent suggestion.  But ties are optional.  That basically goes against any type of "formal" or black tie dress code.

SMH

• 2 weeks later...

The sailing we are booking for September 2024 is 8 nights. My husband will not go any more formal than a sports jacket ( after 45 years of wearing a suit every day). I hope the optional part of formal kicks in! I haven’t put on a dress since my daughter’s wedding. I hope we won’t be uncomfortable.