Voyager December 11 out of Galveston

We are on this cruise and working on departure plans. We have a late flight (5:30 pm) out of IAH. 
Two questions- How late can we leave the ship and what is the cost of a RCL transfer?

Thanks 

7 minutes ago, Bxc53 said:

We are on this cruise and working on departure plans. We have a late flight (5:30 pm) out of IAH. 
Two questions- How late can we leave the ship and what is the cost of a RCL transfer?

Thanks 

Transfer is $54 per person.  Uber/Lyft will be much cheaper.  Also consider Galveston express.  9am is about the latest est I would think, though I'm not positive.  I'm usually trying to get off around 8. On my Galveston cruise Royal has an excursion that includes transportation to IAH with a stop at Space Center Houston.  That would kill a little time for you instead of sitting in an airport

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Transfer is $54 per person.  Uber/Lyft will be much cheaper.  Also consider Galveston express.  9am is about the latest est I would think, though I'm not positive.  I'm usually trying to get off around 8. On my Galveston cruise Royal has an excursion that includes transportation to IAH with a stop at Space Center Houston.  That would kill a little time for you instead of sitting in an airport

Thanks. I had looked the Space Center excursion, but I visited a few years ago on a business trip, plus it would be $200+ one way for both of us.

My Uber experience is limited and I wondered f there would be enough cars available for the two ships offloading that day. I have encountered the ‘ surge’ pricing in the past.

It looks like Galveston Express is the best answer at about $120 R/T for both of us. 

• Like 1

I’ve only cruised once out of Galveston with a Sunday arrival and departure. Upon arriving there seemed to be a large number of people unable to get shared rides or cabs. I’m not sure I’d trust availability though a late flight might make things less stressful. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

As with any cruise, you will need to be off the ship by 10am at the absolute latest, most likely earlier.

If you are still on the ship at 10, the B2B cruisers will be looking for you with torches and pitchforks.

9:30 is the absolute latest.  Get your butt off that ship.  Remember how YOU wanted to board as early as possible. "Possible" is only possible when the ship has a zero count. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

9:30 is the absolute latest.  Get your butt off that ship.  Remember how YOU wanted to board as early as possible. "Possible" is only possible when the ship has a zero count. 

Fair point. We are usually on the other end, looking for an early departure. My question should have been posed  as “ What is the latest RCL assigned departure time?”  We will shoot for 9 or earlier .