Ultimate Balcony Dinner on a Panama Canal transit night?

canadarocks

We have a port side Deluxe Balcony on the Caribe deck of the Emerald doing the New Locks of the Panama Canal from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale next year. Would that be a good night to book the Ultimate Balcony Dinner for, say, 5:00pm? Or later?? Or not a good idea at all???

By 5pm you will be through the last locks and headed for Cartagena.  It’s not a great distance so the ship won’t be going very fast.  I think you should wait to schedule until you discover how windy your balcony is.  EM

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

By 5pm you will be through the last locks and headed for Cartagena.  It’s not a great distance so the ship won’t be going very fast.  I think you should wait to schedule until you discover how windy your balcony is.  EM

If you wait that long, they won't be able to schedule the guest in.

When going through the locks the times can vary with each ship/voyage. You would not know what time you are going through the locks. It could be windy and look at time of sunset that time of year. Going through the locks is a good time to roam to different decks and parts of the ship to get different vantage points. I would not want to be confined to my balcony while transiting the locks. Just my opinion...

29 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Thank you all. I’ve decided that the Panama transit evening probably isn’t the best for the Balcony Dinner. . 

Cartagena sail away may be nice.  You’ll want to book it when you board with RS

and you can change it around if you need to.  I would check the weather just before and make sure it’s not raining.

Or, if you are leaving another port around 530-600p, then schedule it then. 

We did our last one at sailaway out of Moorea.  It was beautiful and great weather.  We too had a port side balcony Caribe.

• Thanks 1