Guarantee

trbarton

I have a guarantee for my 1st time as the cruise was sold out. If you’ve had one before how soon before the cruise were you notified?

Once I’m notified I wonder if I’ll be allowed to bid for a higher category?  What do others think?

Tom😀

4 hours ago, trbarton said:

I have a guarantee for my 1st time as the cruise was sold out. If you’ve had one before how soon before the cruise were you notified?

Once I’m notified I wonder if I’ll be allowed to bid for a higher category?  What do others think?

Tom😀

It’s been a while since we had a guarantee, but it was 2 weeks before.

I would check with your TA/CVP and see if there are any cabins they could assign for you.

Since they have bidding now, that might change the whole process of guarantee cabins.  

This thread could become very long as we get feedback from guarantee cabins.

8 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom😀

Surely you have read on here that a GTY may get a cabin assignment a couple of days later up to as late as seeing it day before sailing in the Personalizer or the App. 

Also, it has been reported here that guests with GTY have also received bid upgrade invitations.

• Thanks 1

Three to four weeks out we've received our cabin assignment, followed by the email about the bidding process. The majority of our trips are last minute, and we've chose the cheapest Princess chooses option twice now since we need to pay in full as we are inside the final payment window. Before we just chose the normal guarantee. 

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It’s been a while since we had a guarantee, but it was 2 weeks before.

I would check with your TA/CVP and see if there are any cabins they could assign for you.

Since they have bidding now, that might change the whole process of guarantee cabins.  

This thread could become very long as we get feedback from guarantee cabins.

I have a T/A so I’m not sure if they could do anything as I got my guarantee from them?

Tom😀

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

Let the guarantee process play out.  You might just end up finding yourself with an upgraded cabin.  If you request a cabin be assigned now, it's game over.  

Thanks.  I’m aware of the process & am hoping that I get upgraded to a mini suite or higher as after 36 cruises with Princess I should have earned something. I’m not in a position to ask for a stateroom but I would consider the bidding process once I’m assigned a stateroom. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks.  I’m aware of the process & am hoping that I get upgraded to a mini suite or higher as after 36 cruises with Princess I should have earned something. I’m not in a position to ask for a stateroom but I would consider the bidding process once I’m assigned a stateroom. 

Tom😀

I think you were lucky to get a Guarantee. 

20 minutes ago, billco said:

I think you were lucky to get a Guarantee. 

I agree. I knew of 2 agents that had a Guarantee but my regular agent had more OBC. 

Since I’ve never had a guarantee I’m real curious to see what I get. I currently in a deluxe balcony so at least that will be fine. I’ve looked at the deck plans & some balconies are bigger than the normal that I’ve had. 

Tom😀

I agree with Billco.  You were lucky to even find a guarantee cabin for this cruise since it sold out within a few weeks after being offered.  Don't think your standing with Princess will come into play for this cruise.  Just feel lucky that you get a cabin.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Let the guarantee process play out.  You might just end up finding yourself with an upgraded cabin.  If you request a cabin be assigned now, it's game over.  

I agree..  our inside guarantee booked 13 days before the cruise became a perfect balcony placement!  (We were told 5 days before cruise)

• Like 1