Stupid question - Oasis - purchase a balloon on board?

Is there anywhere I can buy a helium balloon on board?  My sons father /my ex husband just passed a few weeks ago and his birthday is during our cruise. I thought if possible I can buy a balloon and my son and I could say a prayer and let it go.  Any ideas if they sell a balloon in a shop onboard? Thanks 

Probably not. At some point, that balloon will come down, and is almost guaranteed to land in the water. Pretty sure that all cruise lines have a policy that says nothing overboard that is not biodegradable (paper straws anyone?). Even if someone was to do a burial at sea (which is something they will do), the urn must be certified biodegradable.

Sorry for your loss, but I think you'd be better off trying to think of something else to remember him by.

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Probably not. At some point, that balloon will come down, and is almost guaranteed to land in the water. Pretty sure that all cruise lines have a policy that says nothing overboard that is not biodegradable (paper straws anyone?). Even if someone was to do a burial at sea (which is something they will do), the urn must be certified biodegradable.

Sorry for your loss, but I think you'd be better off trying to think of something else to remember him by.

Ok thank you 

51 minutes ago, Cruisegirl138 said:

Is there anywhere I can buy a helium balloon on board?  My sons father /my ex husband just passed a few weeks ago and his birthday is during our cruise. I thought if possible I can buy a balloon and my son and I could say a prayer and let it go.  Any ideas if they sell a balloon in a shop onboard? Thanks 

There aren't balloons available to purchase on Oasis.  Is the actual birthday a port day?  Could you possibly do something while off the ship?  I am sorry for your loss.

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There aren't balloons available to purchase on Oasis.  Is the actual birthday a port day?  Could you possibly do something while off the ship?  I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you. Actually I think it’s a port day. Coco Cay. I will rethink this out.  Thanks for your kind words 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruisegirl138 said:

Thank you. Actually I think it’s a port day. Coco Cay. I will rethink this out.  Thanks for your kind words 

Depending on your son's age, maybe a painted rock that he could place somewhere.  If he is older, maybe just an excursion, like jetskis, that you do together and remember his dad while you are out on the water and say a prayer.  Even a special dinner on the ship at Chops or somewhere and just talk and remember.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Depending on your son's age, maybe a painted rock that he could place somewhere.  If he is older, maybe just an excursion, like jetskis, that you do together and remember his dad while you are out on the water and say a prayer.  Even a special dinner on the ship at Chops or somewhere and just talk and remember.

Thank you.  He’s 15 but I like those ideas. 

• Like 1