Trans-North Atlantic cruise

We sailed Celebrity Constellation last September. Ports of Call were Dover, Amsterdam, Le Havre, Brussels, Cork, Nova Scotia and ending in NY. Temps on the Continent ports were 60-65. Cork ws about 60. For the 5 day crossing temps were 50-60. We had a couple of sunny days. One extreamly foggy day and a couple drizzly days. Generally the sailing was smooth. We did have 1 or 2 days of rough seas but not as bad as I have experienced in the Carribbean.

Glad to see a fellow cruiser for this transatlantic! Please join us on the roll call for this cruise. It is quite active and you will find a lot of good information. This is our first TA as well and we are really enjoying the planning and researching.

I have scanned the thread, but it is _long_ and unstructured. The wife thinks I'm a bit obsessive looking at "all this stuff" so far ahead. However I rather like the foreplay.:p

I will wonder back to the thread and see what i can find there.

We sailed Celebrity Constellation last September. Ports of Call were Dover, Amsterdam, Le Havre, Brussels, Cork, Nova Scotia and ending in NY. Temps on the Continent ports were 60-65. Cork ws about 60. For the 5 day crossing temps were 50-60. We had a couple of sunny days. One extreamly foggy day and a couple drizzly days. Generally the sailing was smooth. We did have 1 or 2 days of rough seas but not as bad as I have experienced in the Carribbean.

A bit cooler mid-ocean than I thought, but that is why there are hot tubs.

We have done 4 cruises, and I have yet to see any "rough seas". Frankly I would love to get a large swell so I can play "Captain Dan" [as in Forest Gump];)

Archived