Discount on specialty restaurants first day?

Monthend

There is no one correct answer to this question.  It really depends on how the bookings are going on a particular cruise.  Often the first day discounts are better than standard pre-trip discounts but you are taking a chance on availability if you wait.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Monthend said:

I read that there are good discounts  the first day on celebrity  beyond. Is it better than pre trip discounts. 

On the Beyond, we received an 8% discount by prebooking  The 8% was available for every night about 6 months out.  Then the restaurants began to fill up.  There were no 30% discounts available on our cruise for the first night.  We  received 8%.  However, on the S-class ships, we have generally received a 35% off  on the first night.  Supply and demand.

3 minutes ago, keesar said:

On the Beyond, we received an 8% discount by prebooking  The 8% was available for every night about 6 months out.  Then the restaurants began to fill up.  There were no 30% discounts available on our cruise for the first night.  We  received 8%.  However, on the S-class ships, we have generally received a 35% off  on the first night.  Supply and demand.

We booked LeVoyage and Le Petite Chef because we wanted a specific time.  We were going to wait until onboard first day to book Fine cut steakhouse.  Now I wonder I'd We should do precruise

On 6/29/2023 at 3:39 PM, Monthend said:

We booked LeVoyage and Le Petite Chef because we wanted a specific time.  We were going to wait until onboard first day to book Fine cut steakhouse.  Now I wonder I'd We should do precruise

I was on the Beyond and booked Le Voyage and Eden well in advance.  Le Petite Chef seems similar to a company I worked for in the 90s called Reactrix that still has a website although it hasn't been updated for a while.  They did little games on the floor like a soccer ball you could kick around.  I'm not sure if I'd enjoy that sort of thing on the ship?

Edited by zitsky

On 6/29/2023 at 2:39 PM, Monthend said:

We have been on 6 sailings on E class and discounts are few and little.  We were offered 5% off on LPC and Rooftop Grill.  We were able to book Fine Cut once on the ship but full price and only 9 p.m, available. YMMV 

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I was on the Beyond and booked Le Voyage and Eden well in advance.  Le Petite Chef seems similar to a company I worked for in the 90s called Reactrix that still has a website although it hasn't been updated for a while.  They did little games on the floor like a soccer ball you could kick around.  I'm not sure if I'd enjoy that sort of thing on the ship?

Did you find Le Voyage worth the price?

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Not really.  The tasting menu was overpriced and underwhelming.

‘Overpriced and underwhelming’ such a sad description of a meal! I must confess to having felt similar about several ‘taster’ menus both on land and at sea…

14 hours ago, Monthend said:

We loved LeVoyage and have it booked again for our cruise on the Ascent.  We did not do the tasting menu we did the dinner menu.

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

‘Overpriced and underwhelming’ such a sad description of a meal! I must confess to having felt similar about several ‘taster’ menus both on land and at sea…

I thought Eden was better for the price.  I would try Le voyage again.  I can’t judge it on one visit.

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I thought Eden was better for the price.  I would try Le voyage again.  I can’t judge it on one visit.

Totally understand…Would you go for the taster menu again or the dinner menu? 

Edited by chemmo

39 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We loved LeVoyage and have it booked again for our cruise on the Ascent.  We did not do the tasting menu we did the dinner menu.

Glad to hear. Was starting to worry that we made a mistake  in booking.

40 minutes ago, jelayne said:

21 hours ago, Monthend said:

I ate at Le Voyage in January.  I found the atmosphere a little stuffy. The food was Ok but I preferred the food in Eden to Le Voyage.  I probably won't book it again, would rather try other venues.