Will Utopia or Icon of the seas visit Southampton…?

13 hours ago, Static events said:

Will Utopia or Icon of the seas do any cruises from Southampton before they go to America?

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/new-royal-caribbean-ship-icon-of-the-seas-to-debut-in-the-uk-in-2023-33617

or not.  
I suspect that Mr B has already reneged on his promise given that its July already and Icon has to be in Florida for her first sailings in January… not a good idea to showcase a “outside” ship in Southampton in December!!  

Utopia launches July so yes, perhaps she could do a drive by launch event in June.  Definitely no revenue sailings on either ship. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As Biker mentioned, they may but they will be trade event sailings.  Media, TA's, bloggers, VIP's etc..

Our media are vicious in the UK and in their eyes a load of freeloaders on a new ship which isn't available to the general public here will be slaughtered.

I can also only think what the press department at MSC would make of it with them instead basing one of their new ships out of Southampton.

Of course none of this will impact in any way the success of its intended market in America but I cannot see this type of event being a success. They would be best to go straight to the US.

• Haha 1

Harmony did 2 short revenue cruises before leaving for Barcelona, and Ovation did a few before going to the Far East. 

Talk about dangling a sparkling sweet in front of you then taking it away!!!  This is what you could have won…. But here is Independence back again instead!! 😿 

Edited by little britain

If they can make money from a market they will, can only assume they aren’t making the profits they want out of the UK market. All new ships are going to the US / Caribbean only it seems or maybe out of Barcelona, Wonder did that. 

The UK, Southampton, just one ship and any dregs they can throw our way. No problem with that personally just go with another cruise company simple as that.  

• Like 2

Yeah it’s pretty disappointing 😩 I was looking forward to icon coming to Southampton. I’m looking at 2025 in Europe but from what I heard the oasis ship will be allure as it’s going into dry dock. I wasn’t a fan 

10 hours ago, Polition67 said:

Yeah it’s pretty disappointing 😩 I was looking forward to icon coming to Southampton. I’m looking at 2025 in Europe but from what I heard the oasis ship will be allure as it’s going into dry dock. I wasn’t a fan 

agree

The Icon doesn´t get their plants for Central Park until the ship is in the US. O.k., the Icon is being handed over in October, so it might be too cold in Finland anyway.

But, it might be the same with Utopia - that she gets the plants in the US (although other Oasis Class ships did get them in Saint-Nazaire). So I definitely wouldn´t count on Southampton cruises.

steamboats

12 hours ago, steamboats said:

The Icon doesn´t get their plants for Central Park until the ship is in the US. O.k., the Icon is being handed over in October, so it might be too cold in Finland anyway.

But, it might be the same with Utopia - that she gets the plants in the US (although other Oasis Class ships did get them in Saint-Nazaire). So I definitely wouldn´t count on Southampton cruises.

steamboats

interesting point

13 hours ago, Joseph2018Baltic said:

I'm Diamond.....and I have no idea.  Try calling customer service?

The call centre in Guatemala will be last to know!! 
It’ll be a closely guarded secret 🤐 in the UK office if there are any plans 

59 minutes ago, little britain said:

The call centre in Guatemala will be last to know!! 
It’ll be a closely guarded secret 🤐 in the UK office if there are any plans 

Hello,

I think the UK office will be the second from last to know!

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2023 at 12:55 PM, little britain said:

Harmony did 2 short revenue cruises before leaving for Barcelona, and Ovation did a few before going to the Far East. 

Talk about dangling a sparkling sweet in front of you then taking it away!!!  This is what you could have won…. But here is Independence back again instead!! 😿 

I was on the Harmony then! And the press were savage with it as a few areas were not ready and still being worked on!