Princess can not tell us if their hotel package in Tokyo is including the transfers. Getting frustrated. Does anyone knows?

gam888

I have spoken to 3 Princess agents and no one can give me an answer. We have booked the airfare with Princess to fly from Toronto to Haneda Airport. We would like to stay in a hotel for 2 nights before starting our cruise from Yokohama. Princess is offering the Keio Plaza Hotel in Tokyo for $359 a night per person. Kind of expensive but if it's including the transfer, it might not be too bad. What I would like to know is, has anyone booked that hotel package with Princess. Does it includes the transfer from Haneda airport to the hotel, and after you check out, the transfer from the hotel to Yokohama cruise terminal. Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

In the past all of our Princess booked pre and post cruise hotels have included transfers from airport to hotel and then to ship for pre cruise…post cruise is transfer to hotel from ship and then to airport…however, they change things at the drop of a hat, so it’s to your benefit to check it out!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, gam888 said:

I have spoken to 3 Princess agents and no one can give me an answer. We have booked the airfare with Princess to fly from Toronto to Haneda Airport. We would like to stay in a hotel for 2 nights before starting our cruise from Yokohama. Princess is offering the Keio Plaza Hotel in Tokyo for $359 a night per person. Kind of expensive but if it's including the transfer, it might not be too bad. What I would like to know is, has anyone booked that hotel package with Princess. Does it includes the transfer from Haneda airport to the hotel, and after you check out, the transfer from the hotel to Yokohama cruise terminal. Thank you in advance.

Yes, we’re heading to Haneda airport next Saturday to subsequently board the Diamond the following day and have purchased the $359 pp Princess package, and it does include transfers from the airport to the Keio Plaza Hotel, and then the following morning to the Yokohama terminal where we’ll board the ship.

Heres what’s listed in our Travel Summary.

IMG_1543.thumb.jpeg.ac7b2b20da0a7a2b93ec60daa0200369.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@gam888  this is what is says at the bottom of the page for hotel packages.  It says it includes transfers.  Scroll all the way to the bottom of link below.

Note: All Cruise Plus Hotel Packages are quoted per person, double occupancy. Government fees and taxes are additional and vary by city and duration of stay. All packages include hotel accommodations, luggage handling, meet-and-greet services, transfers and the hospitality of a Princess representative. Please see your travel agent or call Princess Cruises for the most current fares, availability and for terms and conditions associated with the Cruise Plus program.

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/cruise-ports-and-hotels/

Thank you everyone for the quick response.  Thank you t&stravel for pointing out the info on the Princess website regarding the transfers are included. I am still amazed why the 3 Princess agents were not able to provide me with the definitive answer.  I was on the phone for over an hour with each one of them. In any case, we are pondering if we should go ahead to choose the stress free option of Princes package for the hotel with the transfer included, or book a less expensive hotel and book a taxi for the 2 transfers. I have noticed on  the hotel booking websites there are a lot of 4 stars hotels in the Ginza area that are about half of the price of the Keio Plaza Hotel. Would anyone know how much is a taxi in U.S. dollars (we are from Canada, but sometimes when folks quote a price, we are presuming they mean U.S. dollars). from the Haneda Airport to the Ginza area, or anywhere near one of the major subway stations? Thanks again in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gam888 said:

Thank you everyone for the quick response.  Thank you t&stravel for pointing out the info on the Princess website regarding the transfers are included. I am still amazed why the 3 Princess agents were not able to provide me with the definitive answer.  I was on the phone for over an hour with each one of them. In any case, we are pondering if we should go ahead to choose the stress free option of Princes package for the hotel with the transfer included, or book a less expensive hotel and book a taxi for the 2 transfers. I have noticed on  the hotel booking websites there are a lot of 4 stars hotels in the Ginza area that are about half of the price of the Keio Plaza Hotel. Would anyone know how much is a taxi in U.S. dollars (we are from Canada, but sometimes when folks quote a price, we are presuming they mean U.S. dollars). from the Haneda Airport to the Ginza area, or anywhere near one of the major subway stations? Thanks again in advance.

Taxis in Tokyo are expensive. Haneda is not that far and when we were in Tokyo we took a taxi from the hotel to the airport. I don't remember the cost. It would be quite expensive for a taxi from Tokyo to the port. You can usually google "cost of taxi from Haneda to Ginza" or "Ginza to port" to.get an idea. Trains and subways are excellent, but beware, English is not widely spoken in Japan.

2 hours ago, gam888 said:

I am still amazed why the 3 Princess agents were not able to provide me with the definitive answer.

Because the US call center is operated by Philippine housewifes and students. They just don't know better. 

Princess pre- and post-cruise hotels always include a transfer.
As they are expensive enough, aren't they.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest ldtr

Personally I would stay at the Imperial Hotel.  Take a train from Tokyo station to Yokohama.

Mass transit is pretty easy, except at rush hour.  While taxis can be expensive a mix of taxis and train can be pretty cost effective.

If you look confused, someone that speaks English will usually stop and ask if they can help.

Flying into Haneda is much more convenient than the old days when most international flights were into Narita, though the airport bus or the Narita express were easy ways to get into down town.

You could always pick a hotel and then send an e-mail to the concierge asking them about what they would recommend and approximate costs.

We always put the pencil to the Princess pre and post cruise packages and find that they are way too costly per person when a little time spent on the internet can cut that in half.

The last time we were in Yokohama and needed transportation to Haneda we booked transport through Sun Transfers.  The driver was waiting for us at the appointed time, he was immaculately dressed and wearing white gloves, the car was spotless inside and out, he handled all of our luggage, and made sure we were at the proper gate for our flight before returning to his vehicle.

There is a level of convenience booking with Princess, but is it worth that much extra?

In past, all transfers were included.

But you should be able to see your itinerary in your "travel documents" section of the cruise online.  Ours show both transfers and where we have not booked a transfer.