Bringing spirits onboard

Veinless

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

@Veinless if it's available at one of the ports, you can legitimately buy there, the ship will hold until last night then deliver to your cabin at which time you can give to your friend. The delivery is made well before luggage gets set out, so you'll have time to get it to them.

Lucky friends 🤭

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

Not all ships deliver, if any.  You usually have to go collect yourself.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Thanks for the reminder. My 2 most recent Carnival cruises, Dream and Glory, delivered. 

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@Veinless if it's available at one of the ports, you can legitimately buy there, the ship will hold until last night then deliver to your cabin at which time you can give to your friend. The delivery is made well before luggage gets set out, so you'll have time to get it to them.

Lucky friends 🤭

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

Just doesn’t feel the same as bringing it from home. Unfortunate!

38 minutes ago, Veinless said:

Just doesn’t feel the same as bringing it from home. Unfortunate!

Probably not, but then when you get back home you still have a bottle to enjoy and toast the memories!

We brought most of our liquor onboard in Europe because we splurged on a suite and did not want to spend a lot of time at the bars.  Wow! best cruise ever!  Of course the scenery in Norway was the star, but having our own bar in our room was perfection!

• Like 1

Personally - I'm glad Carnival (and most others) don't allow us to bring alcohol on board (save for 2 bottles of wine - 1 per adult). I'd even be okay if they restricted soda as well. I have no problem going a week or two with out a constant stream of soda. I do just fine with the free lemonade and iced tea they provide. Carnival is going to make a profit, regardless of the revenue stream they get it from. So when they prohibit bringing booze on board, the heavy drinkers boost Carnival's revenue at the bar (a lot). That keeps my cruise fare cheaper - so thank you heavy drinkers. I'll still enjoy a couple of drinks each day, but I don't need 10-20 drinks a day to have a great cruise. I also appreciate all the heavy gamblers too. Over time, THE HOUSE (or ship) ALWAYS WINS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Assuming they are liter bottles (assuming ...), that's about 22.5 shots at $6 each. If you like liberal pours, then you could be looking at 11-15 shots at $10-12 each (give or take). Math is on the Tito's bottle, not the Grey Goose.

7 hours ago, SDPadreFan said:

Assuming they are liter bottles (assuming ...), that's about 22.5 shots at $6 each. If you like liberal pours, then you could be looking at 11-15 shots at $10-12 each (give or take). Math is on the Tito's bottle, not the Grey Goose.

They are 1 liter.

8 hours ago, LPut714 said:

We were on a back to back and each had two bottles just went to two different security lines-no issues.

The limit is still one bottle per person. Yes, it is possible to skirt the rule in the manner you suggest.

9 hours ago, LPut714 said:

We were on a back to back and each had two bottles just went to two different security lines-no issues.

You are allowed one bottle per person for each cruise on a B2B, so 4 bottles can be bought on.  According to the rules, they should hold the second bottle per person and return them at the end of the first week,  but usually they will just let you take all 4 bottles. 

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

The limit is still one bottle per person. Yes, it is possible to skirt the rule in the manner you suggest.

We have been able to bring 4 bottles per stateroom on B2B cruises on three separate occasions without sneaking them on.   We just presented our boarding passes for both legs of the B2B and were able to carry them on board, without having to have them held for us.  I'm sure it's much easier for Carnival to just allow you to carry them on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

You are allowed one bottle per person for each cruise on a B2B, so 4 bottles can be bought on.  According to the rules, they should hold the second bottle per person and return them at the end of the first week,  but usually they will just let you take all 4 bottles. 

We have been able to bring 4 bottles per stateroom on B2B cruises on three separate occasions without sneaking them on.   We just presented our boarding passes for both legs of the B2B and were able to carry them on board, without having to have them held for us.  I'm sure it's much easier for Carnival to just allow you to carry them on. 

That's good to know since we want to do a B2B eventually. As for skirting the rules I have heard of people doing what the previous poster suggested on a single sailing, so the method is not unheard of (and since it is allowed on a B2B they could have just gone through security together instead of separating.)

Edited by sparks1093

7 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Also, Carnival usually will give you a bottle of wine or 'champagne' and a bowl of fresh fruit in your cabin on your 2nd and 3rd leg on consecutive cruises. 

I'll be testing that in Sept B2B Venezia. It's been a couple years since I've done B2B on Carnival but have never received anything for the 2nd leg.

On 7/1/2023 at 10:41 PM, Veinless said:

We will be cruising with some friends from across the country. They are whiskey aficionados. Is there any way to legitimately bring onboard sealed spirits as a gift for their post-cruise enjoyment?

How about leaving in your car to give to them after the cruise?  Or an airport locker, etcetera?

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 12:20 PM, Elaine5715 said:

It depends on the cruise duration.  On 7 days and longer they deliver on the night before debarkation, on shorter cruises you have to make a trek to retrieve your goodies on debarkation morning. 

2 hours ago, groundloop said:

It depends on the cruise duration.  On 7 days and longer they deliver on the night before debarkation, on shorter cruises you have to make a trek to retrieve your goodies on debarkation morning. 

I was on an 8 day and needed to go stand in a long line to collect my rum.