Smoking on Summit

HappyPlace1

Pretty sure one side of the Sunset Bar is smoking. Including (gag) cigars.

I'm just hoping that there aren't too many on the July 16 cruise. I didn't think about that when I had my TA change me to an Aqua Sunset Veranda and by the time I realized it there weren't any other AQ rooms available.

13 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Pretty sure one side of the Sunset Bar is smoking. Including (gag) cigars.

I'm just hoping that there aren't too many on the July 16 cruise. I didn't think about that when I had my TA change me to an Aqua Sunset Veranda and by the time I realized it there weren't any other AQ rooms available.

woyh as at check-in or GS, someone may have cancelled or missed the boat! LOL

No cigar smoking??? Heck, what will I ever do with my smoking jacket and desire for a nice port or Armagnac after dinner???? LOL

Enjoy your birthday sailing regardless and I look forward to hearing how it went..

bon voyage 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On M-class ships like Summit, they usually do not allow smoking in the back near the Sunset Bar.  Because of all the open balconies directly below in the aft of the ship.  S-Class is different and allows this on the Port side.

1 hour ago, HappyPlace1 said:

Thank you.  I sure hope you are correct😊

Yes that is correct.  Smoking on port side in one section of pool area, deck 11 port side near bar and deck 4 port side in one section.  No smoking in the back of the ship near Sunset bar.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

woyh as at check-in or GS, someone may have cancelled or missed the boat! LOL

No cigar smoking??? Heck, what will I ever do with my smoking jacket and desire for a nice port or Armagnac after dinner???? LOL

Enjoy your birthday sailing regardless and I look forward to hearing how it went..

bon voyage 

I remember my first Celebrity cruise on the Mercury....they had an indoor cigar/cognac/piano bar. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I remember my first Celebrity cruise on the Mercury....they had an indoor cigar/cognac/piano bar. 

How I would have enjoyed that!!!

Too bad that type of environment is too difficult to reproduce today...

bon voyage

2 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Many years ago they used to allow smoking on the M-Class on the port side of the Sunset Bar, but no longer.  They stopped smoking back aft several years ago, so you are good to go on Deck 11 AQ.

Years ago, Michael’s Club on M Class ships was a cigar bar.  I miss those days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Cruise with Princess. Their cigar lounge is called Churchills. 

I would be sailing solo and then would need to find a new domicile if I do that.... LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Spurs Fans said:

Years ago, Michael’s Club on M Class ships was a cigar bar.  I miss those days. 

I loved Michael's Club, then they turned it into a Suites lounge.  I would walk by and it was a ghost town with only 1-2 people frequenting the place.  What a shame.

• Like 1