Cabin switching on Oasis ?

So we are a family of 7 split between 2 balconies on Oasis later this month. There is a stateroom between our 2 rooms. Has anyone tried switching cabins by asking the occupants? Is it even allowed ? They are the same cat stateroom.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Jimmy_MA said:

So we are a family of 7 split between 2 balconies on Oasis later this month. There is a stateroom between our 2 rooms. Has anyone tried switching cabins by asking the occupants? Is it even allowed ? They are the same cat stateroom.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't try but that is me.  Are you sure the cabin between yours has the same occupancy?  I would expect the one between you to only sleep two.  Check the deck plans before you try to make this move.

50 minutes ago, Jimmy_MA said:

Thoughts?

Since you have a family of 7 it sounds like you have a balcony for 4 and a balcony for 7.  There are no balconies that sleep more than 2 guests that are side by side on Oasis.  There will be a double occupancy cabin in between the 2 of you.

33 minutes ago, Jimmy_MA said:

That answers that! Thanks Ken! 

Wouldn’t even matter.  You should not ask to switch.  All of your account info is on the TV of your cabin.   Highly unlikely you’d catch them before they unpacked.  Etc. Etc.  Are you going to ask them to wait a long line to ask even the names can be switched?  It just isn’t practical and it’s not like a flight.  I’d gladly switch a seat on a flight to help someone out, but on a cruise it would be a quick no and I’d make it very clear it was a firm no.  

Edited by topnole

We always have the same problem on Oasis class we are a family of 7 so we also have 2 cabins with one cabin in between. The solution we like is to book 2 connecting Junior suites when prices allow.