Princess Plus Package on first day of cruise?

rcprncss

28 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

@Thrak  were you able to upgrade using more than one gift card after being paid in full?  I didn't know if it could be done using a combo of gift cards so if it can, that's great to know. 

I paid the entire fare for the 63 days (6 segments) using gift cards. Then I went in much later and gave my TA more gift cards to upgrade from the Standard Fare to the Plus fare on the first segment. Not a problem. In both cases I used a mix of $500 and $100 gift cards. For booking the cruises my TA paid it off in installments so he didn't have to try to submit a bazillion cards all at once. For the final upgrade to the first segment he did it in one swoop with a bunch of gift cards. All together I used something like $25k in gift cards and nothing else.

We booked the first 3 segments - 24 days, 2 days, and 5 days - at the Standard Fare. The "original" 32 days were booked as Plus 50 but, after a price drop on the last two segments, I rebooked them to Plus 60 for a saving of over $1,100 and an additional $650 OBC. Soooooo.... We have 24 days Plus 60, 2 days Standard, 5 days Standard, 14 days Plus 50, 5 days Plus 60, and 14 days Plus 60. Quite the mishmash. We "should" be getting 6 mini-bar setups as we have 6 separate booking numbers.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Thrak thank you very much for the information. I booked standard to decide between plus and premier so it's nice to know I can buy the gift cards to upgrade.

Always good to know about upgrading as well as booking on board on the first day as rcpnncss had asked.  

And I'm jealous of your 63 days!  Enjoy every moment as well as the mini-bar setups!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Question - I purchase Princess Plus back in January and no where does it state on my Travel Summary that I’m also entitled to the following. It does state everything else on the Travel Summary. 

• 2 casual dining meals per guest
  • OceanNow® delivery
  • Room service delivery

Does anyone have the above noted in there Travel Summary?

• Like 1

I may have answered my own question... Just got on Princess site and at this point, they want $64.99 per day "plus" an 18% service charge = $76.69 each - $153.38 per day.  On a five day Thanksgiving cruise, even if I only had to pay for four days (buying package second day), that would cost $613.52.  Not worth it to me... The wife doesn't drink alcohol and since I have an Elite bar set up in the cabin, I have some drinks and we can a' lacarte everything else we want cheaper than $613. 

Sorry, I have a bit of a rant:  We have cruised extensively with Princess over the years but this nickle and dime process of charging for nearly everything you do and taking benefits away from loyal cruisers, I'm souring on Princess.  Now charging for wifi (was free for Elite), simple room service and the Ocean Now service to have your drinks delivered, just a money grab.  Next, I anticipate they will modify or take away the Elite bar set up and free laundry service.  The loyalty cruise incentives and dwindling, so is my interest in Princess. 

Guest Michael4650
4 minutes ago, CruiserNorCal said:

I may have answered my own question... Just got on Princess site and at this point, they want $64.99 per day "plus" an 18% service charge = $76.69 each - $153.38 per day.  On a five day Thanksgiving cruise, even if I only had to pay for four days (buying package second day), that would cost $613.52.  Not worth it to me... The wife doesn't drink alcohol and since I have an Elite bar set up in the cabin, I have some drinks and we can a' lacarte everything else we want cheaper than $613. 

Sorry, I have a bit of a rant:  We have cruised extensively with Princess over the years but this nickle and dime process of charging for nearly everything you do and taking benefits away from loyal cruisers, I'm souring on Princess.  Now charging for wifi (was free for Elite), simple room service and the Ocean Now service to have your drinks delivered, just a money grab.  Next, I anticipate they will modify or take away the Elite bar set up and free laundry service.  The loyalty cruise incentives and dwindling, so is my interest in Princess. 

Then the packages are not for you. They are designed for drinkers even the light drinkers. If your wife doesn’t drink but you drink  6 or more drinks a day then you may be better off getting the plus package with Wi-Fi and crew appreciation for both of you. That would cost $120 a day for both of you and include waters, soft drinks and coffee drinks for both of you. The drink alone package is not really much benefit for anyone except those traveling with friends who don’t want to drink, email or pay tips

Edited by Michael4650

35 minutes ago, CruiserNorCal said:

And not seeing it in "Onboard Service" to pre-order a coffee or soda card.  Do they not have them anymore either or can they still be purchased onboard? 

48 minutes ago, CruiserNorCal said:

Interesting on the cost

$64.99 Princess Cruise Drink Packages - Princess Cruises

$60.00 Plus & Premier Cruise Packages - Princess Cruises

Which is it?

Edited by DHP1

59 minutes ago, CruiserNorCal said:

I may have answered my own question... Just got on Princess site and at this point, they want $64.99 per day "plus" an 18% service charge = $76.69 each - $153.38 per day.  On a five day Thanksgiving cruise, even if I only had to pay for four days (buying package second day), that would cost $613.52.  Not worth it to me... The wife doesn't drink alcohol and since I have an Elite bar set up in the cabin, I have some drinks and we can a' la carte everything else we want cheaper than $613. 

Sorry, I have a bit of a rant:  We have cruised extensively with Princess over the years but this nickel and dime process of charging for nearly everything you do and taking benefits away from loyal cruisers, I'm souring on Princess.  Now charging for wifi (was free for Elite), simple room service and the Ocean Now service to have your drinks delivered, just a money grab.  Next, I anticipate they will modify or take away the Elite bar set up and free laundry service.  The loyalty cruise incentives and dwindling, so is my interest in Princess. 

You stumbled on the standalone beverage package pricing.  It is ridiculously priced - most likely  marketing ploy and no one should ever buy that.

You want the Plus Cruise Fare package at $60/pp/day.  Now that one may not be worth it too you either, but at least be checking out the correct package.

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

Question - I purchase Princess Plus back in January and no where does it state on my Travel Summary that I’m also entitled to the following. It does state everything else on the Travel Summary. 

• 2 casual dining meals per guest
  • OceanNow® delivery
  • Room service delivery

Does anyone have the above noted in there Travel Summary?

If you purchased on/after Dec 14/22, you have the new $60 package and includes everything.

25 minutes ago, CruiserNorCal said:

And not seeing it in "Onboard Service" to pre-order a coffee or soda card.  Do they not have them anymore either or can they still be purchased onboard? 

There are no more "cards"  Also, the coffee package was eliminated quite a long time back now.

You can read about the beverage packages on Princess.com, including contents, pricing, and terms.  There is something similar at least to old soda package and there is a zero alcohol package which combines soda and coffee and a bit more.  You are probably better off with the Plus Cruise Fare package if considering the Zero Alcohol package.  The standalone beverage packages are highly priced IMO.

• 2 months later...
On 7/8/2023 at 11:53 AM, voljeep said:

It depends on which/when PLUS package you have.  We have PLUS50(no desserts, no fitness), so it would cost us $30 pp pd to upgrade to Premier

j/s

I realize that you posted this many months ago, but could you elaborate on a Plus package that does not include desserts and fitness??  How could I get this??   Thanks!!

2 minutes ago, cajuncruisecouple said:

I realize that you posted this many months ago, but could you elaborate on a Plus package that does not include desserts and fitness??  How could I get this??   Thanks!!

You cannot get/buy the ‘old’ Plus or Premier packages(no desserts or fitness classes, juice bar)as they were offered BEFORE the prices were increased and the extra amenities were added. 

On 2/9/2024 at 12:00 AM, wallyj said:

You cannot get/buy the ‘old’ Plus or Premier packages(no desserts or fitness classes, juice bar)as they were offered BEFORE the prices were increased and the extra amenities were added. 

Oh, I understand.  Thank you!

• Like 1

$40 a day to $50 a day, to the current $60 a day.  It has been wild confusing ride.  Let us hope that all the $50 a day pp booking have sailed before they increase the package to more than $60 a day.

The current $60 a day price is still one of the best if not the best deal within Princess’s market.  

I am trying the Premier package for the first time in April.

Edited by jagoffee