New carpet rooms on the Equinox

ladyjane550

AquaClass and Concierge Class cabins received the new gray carpet during the limited revolution.  The cabin #'s you have listed are verandas so initially, they weren't changed.  I don't know if they have changed the carpet in any other cabins since 2019.

🍹

How funny! I was researching this same topic today. Based on all the videos I've seen, I think PinkSandGirl is right...if it is AQ or concierge it will have been refreshed. I also thought all the suites have been but there are people who have said their suite wasn't done so who knows. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lemons4Days said:

How funny! I was researching this same topic today. Based on all the videos I've seen, I think PinkSandGirl is right...if it is AQ or concierge it will have been refreshed. I also thought all the suites have been but there are people who have said their suite wasn't done so who knows. 

The Aqua and Concierge cabins also had the sofas reupholstered to be white.

I was in an AquaClass cabin in October '21.  If you choose an Aqua or Concierge and want to see pictures, I can post.  You are doing research so you already know what they look like, but in case you want pictures, I took many. 😉

🍹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

The Aqua and Concierge cabins also had the sofas reupholstered to be white.

I was in an AquaClass cabin in October '21.  If you choose an Aqua or Concierge and want to see pictures, I can post.  You are doing research so you already know what they look like, but in case you want pictures, I took many. 😉

🍹

We were in an Aqua Class cabin and the re-upholstered sofa was not white.  Our room had new curtains, bed linens and comforter, mattresses,  new patio furniture and carpeting.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keesar said:

We were in an Aqua Class cabin and the re-upholstered sofa was not white.  Our room had new curtains, bed linens and comforter, mattresses,  new patio furniture and carpeting.  

Interesting.  That's frustrating there isn't consistency.   I know everyone doesn't research and/or care but some do.  😉

I thought they did all of them in AquaClass and Concierge.  Apparently not. 😉

Thanks for posting, this way I don't give that tidbit of information out again.

🍹

Just now, PinkSandGirl said:

Interesting.  That's frustrating there isn't consistency.   I know everyone doesn't research and/or care but some do.  😉

I thought they did all of them in AquaClass and Concierge.  Apparently not. 😉

Thanks for posting, this way I don't give that tidbit of information out again.

🍹

The new sofa was a shade of gray.  We had been in the same room prior to and just after the remodeling. It was nice to have "our" room refreshed, just like on tv. 😛  We were led to believe that all of the Aqua and Concierge rooms were renovated.  The job was not entirely completed in the Veranda rooms.  

The common areas were really sad before the dry dock.  They did a good job bringing the ship back to life afterwards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keesar said:

The new sofa was a shade of gray.  We had been in the same room prior to and just after the remodeling. It was nice to have "our" room refreshed, just like on tv. 😛  We were led to believe that all of the Aqua and Concierge rooms were renovated.  The job was not entirely completed in the Veranda rooms.  

The common areas were really sad before the dry dock.  They did a good job bringing the ship back to life afterwards.

Even more interesting...not the original orangey red, not the new white...but gray.  Light, medium or dark? 😆

I've sailed on other S-class with the original color scheme (pre-revolution).  '21 was the first time I sailed on the Equinox so it was nice to have a refreshed cabin.  

🍹

6 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Even more interesting...not the original orangey red, not the new white...but gray.  Light, medium or dark? 😆

I've sailed on other S-class with the original color scheme (pre-revolution).  '21 was the first time I sailed on the Equinox so it was nice to have a refreshed cabin.  

🍹

It was a light gray and blended in nicely with the new color scheme.   Very classy and upbeat.  Cosmetic changes can make a big difference.

• 1 month later...

Our Equinox Sky Suite on deck 12 in June didn't look like it had been refreshed in some time. The carpet was worn with stains as was the couch.  The balcony looked like it had newer furniture, but we had not been in a SS prior to the partial Revolutionizing in 2019 to compare.

We were on Equinox in a regular veranda in November 2021. There was new carpet and a new curtain; everything else was the same. No new furnishings. I noted at the time they had refreshed the carpets in the public areas on a couple of lower levels and then stopped. When you were on a staircase between the floors you could see how different they were and they did not go well together. We were on Sillhouette in 2020 and the veranda rooms were more updated and there were new carpets in all the public areas. 

On 7/5/2023 at 2:35 AM, keesar said:

The job was not entirely completed in the Veranda rooms.  

Is there anywhere we can go to find out the extent of revolution/ refurbishment each ship had gone through? The Celebrity site (see screenshot) implies that certain ships were fully revolutionized and my research here on CC gives me different information.

We were on the Summit in 2016 - loved it (colours, furniture, design etc.) and this January 2023, were on the Apex... OMG, so gorgeous with the greys and blues that I'd be thrilled if the Equinox that we're considering for Mediterranean 2024 is fully revolutionized.

image.png

No, Equinox is not fully revolutionized. Some cabins do not have the new carpet, etc. as noted in several posts above. The Retreat Sun deck was not finished: no pool, no hot tub, no bar, no snack area and very little shade. Some of the balcony cabins have new furniture, some do not. I think all cabins got new soft goods, bedding, etc.