"40% Off Every Guest, Every Sailing" Promotion Variant

mahdnc

We will be on our first Celebrity Cruise (Caribbean) in December 2024. Originally booked in in May 2023 when the 75% off second PAX sale was offered and with military promo code it included $850OBC for a sky suite in the Retreat - only a $500 deposit required.

I repriced this cruise using this current 40% off every PAX sale, military promo code, and a special "birthday" promo code ($200 savings from an email) for a Sky Suite.  New price came in $369.02 less with only $50 less in OBC (net savings of $319.92).  It does require a $1K deposit.

I guess it might be better to ask our TA to reprice it with this current promo since Celebrity offers a "best price guarantee"?  We are not frequent cruisers -- so I don't know if it is worthwhile doing it now or how many times we can reprice?

2 hours ago, daybrake said:

We will be on our first Celebrity Cruise (Caribbean) in December 2024. Originally booked in in May 2023 when the 75% off second PAX sale was offered and with military promo code it included $850OBC for a sky suite in the Retreat - only a $500 deposit required.

I repriced this cruise using this current 40% off every PAX sale, military promo code, and a special "birthday" promo code ($200 savings from an email) for a Sky Suite.  New price came in $369.02 less with only $50 less in OBC (net savings of $319.92).  It does require a $1K deposit.

I guess it might be better to ask our TA to reprice it with this current promo since Celebrity offers a "best price guarantee"?  We are not frequent cruisers -- so I don't know if it is worthwhile doing it now or how many times we can reprice?

You can reprice as many times as you want before final payment is due, so I would go ahead and do it. 

The only reason I can think of for not doing it is if you have a nonrefundable deposit booking. Under those circumstances you have to decide whether it is worth saving another $369 by putting an additional $500 deposit at risk of possible forfeiture in the event of cancelling. Maybe your TA can get the repricing done without the additional deposit. 

Edited by mahdnc

21 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

The only reason I can think of for not doing it is if you have a nonrefundable deposit booking. Under those circumstances you have to decide whether it is worth saving another $369 by putting an additional $500 deposit at risk of possible forfeiture in the event of cancelling. 

Thank you.  I do not know how to tell if I currently have a NRD booking.  I think that *possibly* a new re-priced booking with a $1K deposit will be NRD.  I already have travel insurance that should cover if cancellation is needed for a "covered reason" and it also has 50% coverage for cancel for "any reason".

With Celebrity's new NRD rules -- if I reprice it now -- will I lose the $1K NRD if a better price comes up later and I reprice again for that one?

1 minute ago, daybrake said:

With Celebrity's new NRD rules -- if I reprice it now -- will I lose the $1K NRD if a better price comes up later and I reprice again for that one?

My understanding is that you will not lose your NRD because of repricing. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, daybrake said:

No.  There is no penalty for repricing a NRD booking prior to final payment.

• Thanks 1

I just repriced. Solo on the Ascent Nov 26 pre-maiden-voyage in Magic Carpet forward sky suite (9192) but then the regular Sky Suite dropped cheaper in current promotion so I moved to 10123 which I had been considering as closer to stairs to go up to retreat decks. I liked the larger balcony of the MC suite but $260 cheaper for the regular Sky Suite pushed me to move/reprice.

ScreenShot2023-07-08at8_12_33PM.thumb.png.1d60f6b86d4da42790e039387cf0fad3.png

Edited by twins_to_alaska

On 7/7/2023 at 10:44 AM, Want2Cruise 701 said:

My booking cruise fare went up $600 and now only includes $200 OBC as opposed to $450. The July 4 promo definitely favored me better. I repriced with that one. 

X drives me crazy with their gimmick so called sales all the time. 

So stick with that one. If X drives you crazy, you may have a hard time finding a suitable replacement. 

Notice anything similar here? Other than the 3 lines that have websites and sales that are nearly discernible with a quick look. 

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 8.29.32 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 8.29.44 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 8.29.55 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 8.30.03 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 8.30.16 AM.png

• Thanks 1

Mind-blowingly, when we repriced a booking for March 2024 on Beyond (3 people, Sky Suite), we came up with a savings of about $3,000 as compared to our prior booking under the 75% promotion.  It's the base "cruise fare" that came down.  With the new promotion we lost $400 in OBC, but it's more than made up for and should have plenty left for our needs. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

Mind-blowingly, when we repriced a booking for March 2024 on Beyond (3 people, Sky Suite), we came up with a savings of about $3,000 as compared to our prior booking under the 75% promotion.  It's the base "cruise fare" that came down.  With the new promotion we lost $400 in OBC, but it's more than made up for and should have plenty left for our needs. 

The prior 75% off promo was applied against the 2nd passenger.  The current 40% promotion is applied to all 3 passengers in your booking.  3rd person fare in a suite is fairly high.  I would think that some of the savings came that way.  No doubt the bulk of the savings came from a reduced (before discount) cruise fare.  Congratulations.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

The prior 75% off promo was applied against the 2nd passenger.  The current 40% promotion is applied to all 3 passengers in your booking.  3rd person fare in a suite is fairly high.  I would think that some of the savings came that way.  No doubt the bulk of the savings came from a reduced (before discount) cruise fare.  Congratulations.

Correct.  Our third passenger is under 17 in case that matters.  Interestingly, the 3rd passenger cruise fare went up 1k, while 1st and 2nd passenger went down.  As between the two promotions, the total "discount" amount subtracted from the total cruise fare remained about the same.  So, its the fares for the two adults that generated the bottom line savings as compared to just a few weeks ago when we booked. 

Also, we didn't check until the new promo came out and this thread got us curious.  So, thank you @mahdnc, and all the contributors that got us thinking. 

• Like 3

I checked my Hawaii cruise for next year;  $200 off price and I lose $300 OBC from s special promo that is refundable back to my card, so I am staying put.  My other cruises were way up in price.  One was up over $3,500 for a sky suite on Beyond for a 10 day southern Caribbean.

Edited by Lastdance

On 7/8/2023 at 8:18 PM, twins_to_alaska said:

I just repriced. Solo on the Ascent Nov 26 pre-maiden-voyage in Magic Carpet forward sky suite (9192) but then the regular Sky Suite dropped cheaper in current promotion so I moved to 10123 which I had been considering as closer to stairs to go up to retreat decks. I liked the larger balcony of the MC suite but $260 cheaper for the regular Sky Suite pushed me to move/reprice.

ScreenShot2023-07-08at8_12_33PM.thumb.png.1d60f6b86d4da42790e039387cf0fad3.png

We have had cabin 10123 on all the E class ships and have it on Ascent in January. It is a great location to all the Retreat amenities.

mac_tlc

4 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Today X  GIVES $100 BONUS ($50 per pax per cabin) and NO OBC

Yes, the $200 OBC for a cabin  has been replaced with a $100 bonus to be taken from the cruise fare.  

For grins I did some math.  

Assuming the base price hasn't changed:

Previous sale = 1 + .25 = 1.25. (ie, you're paying 1.25 of the fare for both.)

Current sale  = .6 + .6 = 1.20 

Slightly less, but you'll lose probably more in the OBC difference.  Also, if a category is sold out (happens with suites sometimes), no sale at all.

4 hours ago, abbydancer said:

For grins I did some math.  

Assuming the base price hasn't changed:

Previous sale = 1 + .25 = 1.25. (ie, you're paying 1.25 of the fare for both.)

Current sale  = .6 + .6 = 1.20 

Slightly less, but you'll lose probably more in the OBC difference.  Also, if a category is sold out (happens with suites sometimes), no sale at all.

That's why I think this sale variant (assuming no change in base fare as you say) is financially better for families booking triples and quads (esp in suites where 3rd/4th passenger fare is higher than normal stateroom). I think solos come out ahead, too. 

Just curious, when you check for a repriced booking, do you use your TA site or celebrity’s site?  We booked through a big box store tA.  Wondering the best way to see if the price has dropped on our sailing.