HAL Navigator app

SSBrickNJ

12 minutes ago, erdufylla said:

There are lots of threads about crew appreciation fees and extra tipping, and I recommend looking them up, as there are more details than I’ll put here. But to answer your questions:

If you don’t pre-pay the crew appreciation, it will show up as a daily fee per person on your statement. You can see this apply and track it daily in the app, but it will show up on your final statement, too, which will be automatically billed to your credit card on file at the completion of the cruise. If you pre-pay it before the cruise, it will not show up on your final statement of onboard spending.

I always add a bit extra in cash on the last day of the cruise for my attendants, but it’s definitely not required or even expected. I also like to give tips to particularly attentive waitstaff and bartenders, especially if I see them frequently over the course of the cruise. Again, not required, but always appreciated. 

Thank you for the helpful information.

The night before we leave the ship, will an old fashioned closing statement be slipped under the door or provided somehow? I do NOT expect to have the Navigator app.

Additionally, I like the idea of the total going on my credit card on file and I just give something additional in cash to my stateroom attendant and our MDR servers.

With this plan, the full cruise gratuities goes onto my credit card on file.

There is actually NO NEED to go to the Customer Service Desk.....correct?

I will not receive a paper copy of your account.  You do not need to go to guest services unless you want a paper copy of your account.  As @Cruise Suzystated taking a picture of your acct on the TV solved that problem.

• Thanks 1

If you want a paper copy of your bill, one of the last things on the last night, go to the computer center (yes, the ships still have a few computers for passenger use). Sign on to Navigator, call up your account, hit 'print', and take the copy. 

I don't use a cell phone, nor bring my laptop along with me on a cruise. I get along fine with no smart phone, checking my bill on the computer every few days, and printing it after my last charge has been made. 

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

There used to be a Statement Printer (looked like an ATM) close to the Guest Service Desk.  It took a swipe of the room key card to print a statement.  Are they still available?

No, those have been removed, so if one wants a printed copy, Passenger Services will do it or you can use a public computer or your person computer to print it off.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Forgot to add that you can see your account (charges, credits, any OBC remaining and balance owed) on the interactive TV in your stateroom. You will not automatically get a printed version at the end of the cruise. I take a photo of the account just before disembarkation - or you can ask Guest Service for a printout.

Do they still have the kiosk where you can print out your folio? I don't want to print anything. I'm just curious.

BTW - I'm fascinated that I can see my statements from 10 years ago in the HAL app.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, POA1 said:

BTW - I'm fascinated that I can see my statements from 10 years ago in the HAL app.

Yup. Same here.  Can see our statement from 10 years ago.  How come they can do that but the App is hit & miss!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Yup. Same here.  Can see our statement from 10 years ago.  How come they can do that but the App is hit & miss!

I want to know how I can see my old statements in the app not not on the website. It's like there's a meeting and someone says, "Freature X would be really useful. Whatever you do, don't make it available everywhere!"

Then another person says, "Good idea! How about if Feature X is is only available in the app?"

Everyone goes, "Oooh, good one!"

Then a third person, who's leaning back in his (or her) chair says, "Hold my beer. Let's make it so that Feature X is only available - in the app - while on the ship - if using an iPhone 12 or newer."

Congratulations and huzzahs are heard all around. Bonuses are granted. People are promoted and a catered lunch is provided.

Edited by POA1
Android 10 or higher required.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 7/7/2023 at 10:30 PM, POA1 said:

Do they still have the kiosk where you can print out your folio? I don't want to print anything. I'm just curious.

No kiosks to print statements  - been removed on all the ships I've been on since restart. Well, a few were still physically in place w/not available signs attached to them, so I assume those have also been removed by now. 

LOVE that I can access all the statements - now if I can just find the little button for a price override to get those same prices applied to today's bookings, lol.

• Haha 1