The Key--Benefits have changed

23 minutes ago, Skyarrow01 said:

Does "The Key" ever go on sale? I am sure I will not receive anything from RCL to let me know, but other than just keeping an eye on it, is there a better way to know?

Yes you have to just keep checking it's random.

2 hours ago, Skyarrow01 said:

Does "The Key" ever go on sale? I am sure I will not receive anything from RCL to let me know, but other than just keeping an eye on it, is there a better way to know?

It tends to go on sale during Black Friday week.

2 hours ago, Skyarrow01 said:

It does, but the price overall has gone up a LOT in the last 6 months.  Also, there are only a certain amount sold, so they can and do sell out. Maybe that's why they have raised the prices so much.  

39 minutes ago, rockmom said:

It does, but the price overall has gone up a LOT in the last 6 months.  Also, there are only a certain amount sold, so they can and do sell out. Maybe that's why they have raised the prices so much.  

I think people with on board credits to use up from the covid days are driving the price increases for beverage packages, private island excursions, and the KEY.

The KEY price above 25 dollars makes no sense.

15 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

I think people with on board credits to use up from the covid days are driving the price increases for beverage packages, private island excursions, and the KEY.

The KEY price above 25 dollars makes no sense.

I had 7 cruises canceled due to Covid--and got Future Cruise Credit, but not really much onboard credit--two separate things.  I've already used my FCC.  I think there is more and more demand for a 'VIP' type of experience. It has been selling well, so they inch the price up.  If it still sells well at the higher price point, they made the right move for the company's bottom line. 

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, RumRunner01 said:

I just booked the Wonder for April 2024 and The Key is $49.99. Yikes.

that's insane and nowhere close to being worth it. (And I buy the Key most of the time it's offered)  As far as wifi being $20.99 per day, if you need it for more than one person for all the days, buying for one person but choosing multiple devices (2, 3 or 4) saves you some money versus each person buying for just one device at $20.99 per day.  

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 8:27 AM, aroundtheworld96 said:

I am curious to know what sailings have The Key for over 40$ a day? We are booked on a late 2024 Med cruise with a tender-heavy itinerary (3/5 ports are tender ports). The Key is currently showing 29.99/per day which seems to be average. We have been debating waiting to see if it goes on sale, but hearing it can go up above 40$ makes me wonder if we should just getting now, I would imagine The Key would be quite popular on an itinerary with so many tender ports, perhaps it is less likely to go on sale at all? Curious to hear any thoughts... 

I just checked the Key price on my Dec '23 Anthem ($42/day/pp) and my Feb '24 Anthem ($43/day/pp).  Voom SnS is $20/day and $21/day for those same cruises.  

We have a cruise booked this Christmas on Harmony. We were able to get The Key for $30/day. We've never used it before but thought is might be helpful since it will be a full sailing. Does anyone know about the "fast lane" for activities? My husband and I definitely want to do activities, but I'm mostly curious for my 12 year old son. He really wants to do all the active stuff, and I've never seen a fast lane for activities on Royal. 

First time booker of the key.  Got it at $37 on sale (Now it's $50!) For Icon in March.  We always get internet and that is $24 right now.  The show seating was the biggest plus outside of wifi.. I probably would have passed if the ship wasn't packed

I'm a little hopeful that some of the rephrasing are upgrades.  It would be great if Fast Pass was more than just private hours at inconvenient times and that the lunch is more of a sample of specialty restaurants vs just Chops

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 10:10 AM, BTfan said:

I'm a little hopeful that some of the rephrasing are upgrades.  It would be great if Fast Pass was more than just private hours at inconvenient times and that the lunch is more of a sample of specialty restaurants vs just Chops

We have never purchased the key before, but we just booked Odyssey for Spring Break, with one tender port. Seems like the key has more advantages for this class of ship, especially if the above is true. I’m concerned about the inconvenient times for the 3 attractions we would want to do (iFly, North Star and bumper cars), and 2 in our group would have no interest in the Chops lunch. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see if there are any reports of actual changes or just rewording.

The Key is $50 per day right now for my Oasis sailing! The internet is $19. $31 a day extra for the Key is insane for my uses. The internet went down $1 for the Labor Day sale and the Key price stayed the same lol.

Edited by nferr