The Key--Benefits have changed

On 7/8/2023 at 8:17 PM, KroozNut said:

Am I missing anything?

You're not really "missing" anything- It's really just about the circumstance you find yourself in as to whether or not it's valuable to you.

When I went solo on Freedom, being able to drop off my carry-on to a valet, be one of the first folks on the ship, eat a great lunch and meet new people right away and have premium wifi (which I would have paid for anyway) made it worth it. As someone who has done tender ports on other lines, I wish I would have gotten their version of this as well.

It's all in your personal needs when planning and going on vacation, although I don't get the hostility about The Key on these boards.

13 minutes ago, notscb said:

being able to drop off my carry-on to a valet, be one of the first folks on the ship, eat a great lunch and meet new people right away and have premium wifi (which I would have paid for anyway) made it worth it.

Problem is that I can get all that without spending the extra money. I'm still not getting the benefit..

29 minutes ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

I get it because I have to take my laptop for work in case of an emergency and it hurts my back.  I’m paying somebody to carry it to my cabin.  It’s probably silly but it’s better than hurting for two days.  I’m self-employed.  My boss is mean.

Yep... totally silly.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Problem is that I can get all that without spending the extra money. I'm still not getting the benefit..

... That's kind of what I'm saying. It may just not be beneficial for everyone, or you specifically, depending on your unique situation on vacation.

For others of us, at the right price, it's a good value in the right circumstance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

I get it because I have to take my laptop for work in case of an emergency and it hurts my back.  I’m paying somebody to carry it to my cabin.  It’s probably silly but it’s better than hurting for two days.  I’m self-employed.  My boss is mean.

Try a suitcase with wheels.  A new invention.  They are miraculous.  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Right? Does this tattle on me that I’m lazy?  I actually did think about that but I got the key for cheap.  I am looking for future cruises.  To tell the truth, carrying my stuff was my overwhelming reason for getting it.  And I am a horrid shopper!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

We each have a carry on with wheels. With early arrival I like the perk that someone takes them to the room when we drop them off at the main dining room instead of rolling them around.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

We each have a carry on with wheels. With early arrival I like the perk that someone takes them to the room when we drop them off at the main dining room instead of rolling them around.

Do you need to attach a RC luggage tag to what you drop off as carry-on?

9 hours ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

Right? Does this tattle on me that I’m lazy?  I actually did think about that but I got the key for cheap.  I am looking for future cruises.  To tell the truth, carrying my stuff was my overwhelming reason for getting it.  And I am a horrid shopper!

I've heard they are adding this to the Key. Enjoy!!!!  🙂

sedan-chair-1-300x246.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/8/2023 at 9:07 PM, EleventyBangBang said:

Oof... 41.99/day on our current sailing.  I can't fathom how it would be worth it at that price.

I am curious to know what sailings have The Key for over 40$ a day? We are booked on a late 2024 Med cruise with a tender-heavy itinerary (3/5 ports are tender ports). The Key is currently showing 29.99/per day which seems to be average. We have been debating waiting to see if it goes on sale, but hearing it can go up above 40$ makes me wonder if we should just getting now, I would imagine The Key would be quite popular on an itinerary with so many tender ports, perhaps it is less likely to go on sale at all? Curious to hear any thoughts... 

• Like 1

I never get the key, but I decided to check for some upcoming sailings. This is for the wonder in January and February 2024. OUCH.  $49.99 a day and every person over 6 in the cabin must purchase. 

Internet package for the same cruises is  is $20.99 per day. 

37B0ABA3-4784-4D94-85EC-9241BF0317C5.png

9 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I never get the key, but I decided to check for some upcoming sailings. This is for the wonder in January and February 2024. OUCH.  $49.99 a day and every person over 6 in the cabin must purchase. 

Internet package for the same cruises is  is $20.99 per day. 

37B0ABA3-4784-4D94-85EC-9241BF0317C5.png

That's an obvious no, it was probably 30% off last week when they had the sale on, maybe more so probably $30? thats probably still too high.

I know for my much later 2024 sailing it was $20 and its $30 now, Wifi was $17? now its $19.

Edited by CastleCritic

1 hour ago, CastleCritic said:

I know for my much later 2024 sailing it was $20 and its $30 now, Wifi was $17? now its $19.

Same here for our Apr '24 sailing. Voom will probably come back down before then. Regardless, we're only doing Voom. The Key is still not worth the cost for us, either way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aroundtheworld96 said:

I am curious to know what sailings have The Key for over 40$ a day? We are booked on a late 2024 Med cruise with a tender-heavy itinerary (3/5 ports are tender ports). The Key is currently showing 29.99/per day which seems to be average. We have been debating waiting to see if it goes on sale, but hearing it can go up above 40$ makes me wonder if we should just getting now, I would imagine The Key would be quite popular on an itinerary with so many tender ports, perhaps it is less likely to go on sale at all? Curious to hear any thoughts... 

Our 13 day Holy Land cruise (which only has 2 tender ports) is at 47.99/day. It started at ~30/day and has just gone up.  Like everything else, if you're interested in it at this price, buy now, and reprice (or drop it if you decide against it later).

• Like 1

In October on the Anthem TA it was totally worth it…14.99 and cheaper than 2-device Voom, so it was a no-brainer. Also we weren’t in a suite and there are a lot of activities on Anthem to enhance the value. 

In May on Enchantment, also a TA, best offer was about $5 above Voom and we were in a JS. Even with one tender port, totally not worth it.

Every sailing has its own circumstances to take into account. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...