Reserve Mini suite vs. full suite

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Even without a lounge, they ought to have a Concierge.  Thought I read someone's post where they were going to add this position to non-RC ships??

We will soon find out!  🚢 🤞 🛎️

15 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Just confirming that a full suite gets double loyalty points?  That is what RCCL does and we really enjoy that perk.  It would tip the scales to a full suite for us!

As posted, yes. It is two cruise credits per person. If you are a single in a full suite you receive three cruise credits. It takes 15 cruise credits or 150 days to reach elite status. Once reached there is almost no benefit. If you are a first time Princess customer, or have elite loyalty status, sailing in a full suite, cruise credits and loyalty status have basically no meaning or benefit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, skynight said:

As posted, yes. It is two cruise credits per person. If you are a single in a full suite you receive three cruise credits. It takes 15 cruise credits or 150 days to reach elite status. Once reached there is almost no benefit. If you are a first time Princess customer, or have elite loyalty status, sailing in a full suite, cruise credits and loyalty status have basically no meaning or benefit.  

You think mini bars and free laundry aren’t great perks ?  

12 minutes ago, memoak said:

You think mini bars and free laundry aren’t great perks ?  

do you have to have elite status to get those perks or do they come with the full suite?

27 minutes ago, 20165 said:

do you have to have elite status to get those perks or do they come with the full suite?

Either or. In fact if you are elite in a full suite you can have 2 Mimi bars. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 11:41 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

Bottom line….Reserve Class mini-suite is misnamed.  It has absolutely no suite perks except for being able to dine in the Reserved Class dining room.  

There is also priority boarding in the CC ( reserve)

On 7/16/2023 at 5:32 AM, Steelers36 said:

Even without a lounge, they ought to have a Concierge.  Thought I read someone's post where they were going to add this position to non-RC ships??

This question was asked at one of our meet and greets earlier this month .. 

The answer was yes, they are looking into adding a concierge to the Grand class ships.  No details were provided but we were instructed to stay tuned.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lizwil10 said:

I'm interested to know the "special menu items" for Reserve Class! I can't find it anywhere.

They are only announced when you sit down for dinner. You will be handed a menu and then told what h the he extra entree is for that night. On sea days you may be able to talk to the manager at lunch and get early information 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

This question was asked at one of our meet and greets earlier this month .. 

The answer was yes, they are looking into adding a concierge to the Grand class ships.  No details were provided but we were instructed to stay tuned.  

The concierge on the Discovery last moth told us he believed it would eventually be rolled out but no one really knew more but it would not include a suite lounge just someone you can call to get help with reservations etc

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2023 at 5:41 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Bottom line….Reserve Class mini-suite is misnamed.  It has absolutely no suite perks except for being able to dine in the Reserved Class dining room.  

the upcharge over a std Mini suite for Sept 2024 on Sky was £65+ pp..................
No way is it worth that amount.

10 minutes ago, gah_cruise said:

the upcharge over a std Mini suite for Sept 2024 on Sky was £65+ pp..................

Perhaps not to you.  But people place value on different things.  The fact that the Reserve Mini's sell out indicates that many disagree.

1 minute ago, bemis12 said:

Perhaps not to you.  But people place value on different things.  The fact that the Reserve Mini's sell out indicates that many disagree.

Fair enough....curious, where do you perceive the benefits of Reserve class are?

1 hour ago, gah_cruise said:

Fair enough....curious, where do you perceive the benefits of Reserve class are?

Location, location, location. And no wait dining with dedicated wait staff. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, gah_cruise said:

For my thinking, I don't value a mini-suite enough to pay for the upcharge.  But the presence of the Club Class dining changes that perception- for us.  One less thing to worry about.

17 hours ago, gah_cruise said:

Never having to wait in line for meals is worth a lot to me. YMMV. 

Edited by mrmarklin

20 minutes ago, mrmarklin said:

Never having to wait in line for meals is worth to me. YMMV. 

just did a price comparison on our next cruise ....at a cost of £100/day for the two of us to not wait in line to be served the same food as other diners is not good value for us.  If I was prepared to spend another £100 per day.....we could eat in specialty every evening and still have £40 per day for other spending.

Edited by gah_cruise

17 hours ago, memoak said:

Location, location, location. And no wait dining with dedicated wait staff. 

we are just two cabins forward from "midships".....so not an issue.
No wait dining for the same menu is not worth the up cost (just checked £100 per day for the two of us)