Prima: Platinum dining voucher 1 per cabin even if both people are Platinum

fstuff1

Someone i know went on Prima in April.

Only 1 dining voucher set in the room.

they went down to cruisenext and they said it's 1 per cabin  even if both people are platinum or above. 😲

when did this change??

1 minute ago, fstuff1 said:

they went down to cruisenext and they said it's 1 per cabin  even if both people are platinum or above. 😲

when did this change??

That has been the case for a while now...this isn't "new news". Given that you have ownership in the company, I'm surprised that you don't know this information.

It's actually 2 dining vouchers per cabin: One includes a bottle of wine, the other does not. Both are good for 2 people each (so, 4 meals for the cabin).

If there are 3 platinum members in the cabin, they will issue more vouchers, though they will only be good for 1 person per voucher instead of 2. 4 platinum members in a cabin will get 2 sets of vouchers for 2 people each.

1 hour ago, Pitzel said:

If there are 3 platinum members in the cabin, they will issue more vouchers, though they will only be good for 1 person per voucher instead of 2. 4 platinum members in a cabin will get 2 sets of vouchers for 2 people each.

3rd person gets a full set of vouchers, which is 2 meals for 2 people, they can bring a guest. Same as a solo - the wording is confusing. What they are trying to say is that a solo can't get 2 meals for themselves, doesn't mean they don't get a meal for 2 with each voucher.

5 minutes ago, julig22 said:

3rd person gets a full set of vouchers, which is 2 meals for 2 people, they can bring a guest. Same as a solo - the wording is confusing. What they are trying to say is that a solo can't get 2 meals for themselves, doesn't mean they don't get a meal for 2 with each voucher.

Not true. From NCL's FAQ's:
"No. If there are 2 Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.

For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered. If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit."

What about if only one person in a cabin of two is Platinum? I just turned Platinum thanks to a girls trip with the 2x points, but my husband is still a lowly Gold. On our next cruise, do I still get two meal vouchers for two?

15 minutes ago, Pitzel said:

Not true. From NCL's FAQ's…

yes, as noted, the wording is confusing.

this was debated extensively in a recent thread. 

third person gets a set of two vouchers. if third person brings a new friend, the vouchers are good for two people. If third persons dines alone, or is a third wheel with the other two people in the cabin, the third person’s vouchers are only good for one meal per voucher. 

16 minutes ago, Pitzel said:

Not true. From NCL's FAQ's:
"No. If there are 2 Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.

For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered. If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit."

As I said, the wording is confusing.  I travel as a solo often and what they are saying is that a solo can share a meal with someone but cannot get 2 meals for 1 from a single voucher.  A solo gets 2 meals total, they can dine alone or they can share a meal.

Note that it says an additional welcome back card.  The card contains 2 vouchers.

1 hour ago, OrcaGirl said:

What about if only one person in a cabin of two is Platinum? I just turned Platinum thanks to a girls trip with the 2x points, but my husband is still a lowly Gold. On our next cruise, do I still get two meal vouchers for two?

Why would an exalted Platinum even consider sailing with a lowly Gold?  🤣

(jk: both DW and I are now Platinum or above, and we sailed with DD even when she was bronze.  Surprisingly, it was all still the same amount of fun)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

Should check with NCL, you can probably have your husband increased to Platinum as long as you both use the same address.  I know Royal Caribbean does this with loyalty status of couples.

6 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

when did this change??

The net effect has never changed.

Used to be two 1-dinner vouchers per platinum member. Total of 2 dinners for 2 (in most cases). 

Now it is is two 2-dinner vouchers per cabin. Total of 2 dinners for 2 (in all cases). 

The change was made so that if a platinum was traveling with a lower tier member, they could enjoy their perk without leaving their cabin mate in the cold. 

If there is a 3rd or 4th platinum in the cabin, they can get a second voucher for themselves. 

36 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Should check with NCL, you can probably have your husband increased to Platinum as long as you both use the same address.  I know Royal Caribbean does this with loyalty status of couples.

That's probably a big no.  And it wouldn't make a difference in the dining options anyway, as the vouchers are per cabin, not per person. So the dining options would be the same. 2 meals for 2.

Since it is per cabin, another move to get more free goodies is to have the two platinum cruisers list themselves in separate cabins with other lower than platinum cruisers.  That way there are two dinners for two in each cabin, plus a bottle of wine.

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

That's probably a big no.  And it wouldn't make a difference in the dining options anyway, as the vouchers are per cabin, not per person. So the dining options would be the same. 2 meals for 2.

There are other benefits to being platinum other than the meals and wine.

4 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...on a B2B, I assume the dinners get doubled?

if it’s set up as two distinct cruises, yes, definitely… you get double benefits. full tier benefits apply to both legs of the cruise. there have been some mixed reports of two cruises being booked in one combined reservation and tier benefits not being doubled.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2023 at 4:56 AM, insidecabin said:

When solo suppliments are dropped.

Book 2 cabins and double your latitude meal vouchers capacity.

Get a cheaper total one balcony one inside.

If you have different drinking habits can save one FAS.

So this still works? We used to book solo cabins a lot before Covid but haven’t tried this in a couple of years.