Online check in re. using a "partner" airline

SSBrickNJ

Hi everyone!

I'm partway into completing our online check in for our Aug. 2nd Denmark to Norway Cruise on Nieuw Statendam.

The HAL software wants me to declare the airline we will arrive and depart on.

I've hesitated and am seeking advice....because....we purchased the airfare on the United Airlines website...yet United Airlines placed us on flights in and out of Denmark using AIR CANADA.

FYI....the Flight #s are associated with United Airlines.

Our flight numbers begin with "UA"

So, what say all of you?

I should select "United Airlines" and put the UA Flight #?

or............

I should select "Air Canada" and put the UA Flight #?

Thanks!

Steve

Edited by SSBrickNJ

Very good.

I went back to the most recent email i received from United Airlines, it just tweaked the departure and arrival times by one minute.

Anyway, that email only made reference to United Airline Flight #s on Air Canada.

I currently don't have access to the Air Canada Flight #s for our flights. I just have United Airline Flight Numbers with the notation the carrier will be Air Canada.

I think @*Miss G* is suggesting the logical solution.

Yet, when I'm in the airport(s), it would be good for me to know the Flight #s associated with Air Canada. The signboards in the airport will reference Air Canada's Flight #s...no the partnership flight #s I have been provided by United Airlines. Agreed?

I should call United and provide my Flight Booking # and take it from there?

1 minute ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I think @*Miss G* is suggesting the logical solution.

Yet, when I'm in the airport(s), it would be good for me to know the Flight #s associated with Air Canada. The signboards in the airport will reference Air Canada's Flight #s...no the partnership flight #s I have been provided by United Airlines. Agreed?

I should call United and provide my Flight Booking # and take it from there?

The monitors in the airports will show the UA flight#, then scroll to the AC flight #, then scroll to any other partner airline flight #’s for the same flight.  Physical check-in counter will be Air Canada.

• Like 4

I would be totally disregarding the UA flight numbers. As you are flying AC, pay attention to, and use the AC flight info. If you ask about UA flight XXX at CPH, few, if any, will know it. If you ask about AC flight YYY, they will know about it.

And we flew to CPH on AC, booked through UA last summer. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

I would be totally disregarding the UA flight numbers. As you are flying AC, pay attention to, and use the AC flight info. If you ask about UA flight XXX at CPH, few, if any, will know it. If you ask about AC flight YYY, they will know about it.

And we flew to CPH on AC, booked through UA last summer. 

I thank you very much. It is good to hear from YOU especially because you flew to Copenhagen last summer.

I was also asking about this on Tripadvisor.

The 9th post on this thread solved it...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k14458758-Cruise_Line_asking_for_Flight_Carrier_but-Air_Travel.html

10 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Unless you are using HAL transfers it really makes no difference whatsoever.  

Really?

I'm still glad I ventured onto this forum and Tripadvisor's Flight Forum.

Now I know the Air Canada Flight #s for our upcoming travel.

Edited by SSBrickNJ

33 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Really?

I'm still glad I ventured onto this forum and Tripadvisor's Flight Forum.

Now I know the Air Canada Flight #s for our upcoming travel.

Really, there is no true purpose unless they are expecting you to transfer.

consider many people drive or train to the cruise, it is not important

Again , use what is on your ticket, that is the trace 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

@SSBrickNJ, you asked what airline to pick in the HAL online checkin.  United Airlines is correct, along with the UA flight #, because that is who you booked with.  If you want to use the AC information, now that you have it, that will work too.  HAL won’t care either way.

I flew from CPH a few weeks ago, since that seems to be important to you.

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

@SSBrickNJ, you asked what airline to pick in the HAL online checkin.  United Airlines is correct, along with the UA flight #, because that is who you booked with.  If you want to use the AC information, now that you have it, that will work too.  HAL won’t care either way.

I flew from CPH a few weeks ago, since that seems to be important to you.

I'm very happy that a travel agent who follows the Tripadvisor "Air Travel" forum took the time to give me the Air Canada Flight Numbers. I will use those. I have to use something...and I'm flying in Air Canada's planes so that's what I'll use.

22 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I'm very happy that a travel agent who follows the Tripadvisor "Air Travel" forum took the time to give me the Air Canada Flight Numbers. I will use those. I have to use something...and I'm flying in Air Canada's planes so that's what I'll use.

Every flight has many, many flight numbers and the boards at the airport will either show them all or rotate around them (probably depends on the airport) the UA i one is the one that matters to you as that is what you booked and paid for. 

HAL asked for our flight details too - but for some reason wouldn't even accept the AC flight I happen to have leaving. So in the end I just put no flight in. There is no point - the cruise  line doesn't care about what happens to you before you show up at  the port or once you leave the port at the end. Unless you are doing transfers with them - the couldn't care less how you get home 

• Like 1