Princess Coffee Card

newyorkjameson

We were just going through our cruise bag and found a Princess Coffee card. This card was used for purchasing specialty coffee at the International Cafe. It has been a few years since we were on a Princess cruise but we have one scheduled for the Regal on a transatlantic cruise. Curious if the card can still be used.

10 minutes ago, SimplyMarvie said:

Yeah, the coffee package still exists (and thank God! The MDR coffee is really regrettable) but it's a part of the Medallion system now.

Does not show as a stand alone package on the Princess web site. It is part of other fare packages or other beverage packages.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, newyorkjameson said:

We were just going through our cruise bag and found a Princess Coffee card. This card was used for purchasing specialty coffee at the International Cafe. It has been a few years since we were on a Princess cruise but we have one scheduled for the Regal on a transatlantic cruise. Curious if the card can still be used.

I would absolutely present it to the barista - fully expecting to be turned down - but maybe you might just get a free brew - thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

I would absolutely present it to the barista - fully expecting to be turned down - but maybe you might just get a free brew - thank you!

I really doubt if the OP will get anything BUT if they do, I'll be standing in line with all my old cards as well. 😉

22 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I really doubt if the OP will get anything BUT if they do, I'll be standing in line with all my old cards as well. 😉

you still have cards even knowing the deadline for using??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SimplyMarvie said:

Yeah, the coffee package still exists (and thank God! The MDR coffee is really regrettable) but it's a part of the Medallion system now.

No, it does not still exist.  There is a Zero Alcohol beverage package which includes the coffee items.  However, many folks will find that it is poor economics compared to purchasing the Plus Cruise Fare option. 

• Like 1

I have heard of cases where cards with remaining punches were honored on some ships but it seems to be a rare occurrence. That being said, the card takes up very little room in your suitcase and there is never any harm in asking.  

• Like 1

Thank you for your responses. The cards were for twenty coffee purchases and it had no expiration date on it. Having said that they probably never expected to hold on the card for over seven years. I will present it and let you know how we fared.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, voljeep said:

you still have cards even knowing the deadline for using??

13 hours ago, newyorkjameson said:

Thank you for your responses. The cards were for twenty coffee purchases and it had no expiration date on it. Having said that they probably never expected to hold on the card for over seven years. I will present it and let you know how we fared.

Yes, I've got a stack of them in hopes of a return to the old program. There was a time when they were honoring any card from any ship for a while.

Maybe newyorkjameson will let us know how they responded.

There's always hope.

Yea, I know I'm a pack rat with certain items. 

When they introduced Princess Plus and eliminated the Coffee Package, they stated this about old cards.  Though your card has no date on it, it is expired

Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

2 hours ago, CrankyOldGuy said:

When they introduced Princess Plus and eliminated the Coffee Package, they stated this about old cards.  Though your card has no date on it, it is expired

Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

It can't hurt to try. 😉

• Haha 1