A word of caution about those medallions...

c25andeb

On 7/27/2023 at 9:41 PM, dreams_of_travel said:

Not medallion related per se, but on the first evening, before dinner I noticed a charge for $108.xx for telephone use.  I went down to Guest Services to get the charge removed b/c why would I use the cabin phone to make a 10min phone call when we were still in port, and I could use my mobile phone.  That was two days ago, they're are still investigating. *rollseyes*  I went to guest services again today, they are still working on it. At least I am on a 10 day cruise. 😛 

On one cruise we were still in port in San Francisco. My wife was on the balcony which was facing the land side of the port. She made a call and sent a picture. She then got contacted by Verizon warning her that she had just incurred a large expense. Apparently the ship still had their signal active and my wife had, unknowingly, been connected to the ship's service. Verizon removed the charge but since then we are very careful if using the phone onboard even if we are in port.

• Like 3

On 7/30/2023 at 10:20 AM, ontheweb said:

Will they ban you from the dining room and/or buffet if the medallion bathroom technology shows inadequate hand washing?

Works for me.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Thrak said:

On one cruise we were still in port in San Francisco. My wife was on the balcony which was facing the land side of the port. She made a call and sent a picture. She then got contacted by Verizon warning her that she had just incurred a large expense. Apparently the ship still had their signal active and my wife had, unknowingly, been connected to the ship's service. Verizon removed the charge but since then we are very careful if using the phone onboard even if we are in port.

I answered a call years ago when docked in Vancouver.  Cost me $21 for 2 minutes.

17 minutes ago, CynCyn said:

I answered a call years ago when docked in Vancouver.  Cost me $21 for 2 minutes.

I rarely make phone calls. I basically dislike talking on the phone. I had enough of that when I was working. If I had to make one on the ship, even if still in port, I would use WiFi calling to avoid any chance of being on the ship's cell service.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

I rarely make phone calls. I basically dislike talking on the phone. I had enough of that when I was working. If I had to make one on the ship, even if still in port, I would use WiFi calling to avoid any chance of being on the ship's cell service.

Same.  This was work- a student asking for an extension on a due date- like I was going to look 😂😂😂😂