A word of caution about those medallions...

c25andeb

58 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

This is probably the case, issuing a new one. But, if you lose it on the ship, why doesn't Guest Services just look up where it is????

Exactly, not only that, but your shipmate (if you have one) can go to any of the kiosks with theirs and locate it. Pretty dumb criminal to use something in the commission of a crime that can be tracked directly to you in real time. Plus you can't escape unless you want to jump overboard.

Edited by Musky Ike

20 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Exactly, not only that, but your shipmate (if you have one) can go to any of the kiosks with theirs and locate it. Pretty dumb criminal to use something in the commission of a crime that can be tracked directly to you in real time. Plus you can't escape unless you want to jump overboard.

And what are you going to steal my clothes ?   If I saw them around ship I would recognize them

• Haha 2

On 7/15/2023 at 12:54 PM, startedwithamouse said:

That's taking time away from my vacation having to go to a machine and print out a paper I need to carry around with me, then dispose of. 

I have had no problems having other people's charges on my account on our last 4 cruises.  The only thing I noticed was an extra $2 plus tip for a drink or 2 that I purchased.  The drinks did not exceed the $12 (at the time).  They took it right off.
After we return to our cabin in the evening, its when I check our folios and find a convenient time to stop at guest services (when there is no line) and get it fixed.

On 7/14/2023 at 7:32 AM, CruisinFinsUp said:

No.   Bartenders are not using the medallion system.   Bartenders are asking for and keying in cabin numbers.  

The medallion system is a tablet that shows the faces and names of all the people in proximity to the bar.  Most of the bartenders don't bother trying to scroll thru all the small pictures to find you during busy times. 

The old keycards had a "folio number".  They used to record that.  Now they use cabin number. 

I have to say that most of the bartenders use the medallion with the possible exception of the ones by the pools.

On 7/16/2023 at 1:13 PM, ldubs said:

I check charges on the app routinely.  As long as it is accurate, I don't have a need for screen shots or a printed record.   I do understand if you want to save the record a screen shot would be a very convenient way to do that.    

OR you can go to kiosk and print it out.  It's usually right next to guest services.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

This is probably the case, issuing a new one. But, if you lose it on the ship, why doesn't Guest Services just look up where it is????

Good point!  I was traveling solo and was switching out my wristband .. you know, as silly as I feel confessing to this, I left it in my cabin.  They simply made me a new one.  I knew where my original one was .. guess it just was easier than someone walking up to my room with me to let me in.  I hated to call my room steward for my mistake as it was between the hours of 1:30 - 5:00 PM.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, memoak said:

And what are you going to steal my clothes ?   If I saw them around ship I would recognize them

Clothing is of the least concern.

When I told security and PSD about the problem they didn't think it necessary to even report it. Still to this day they don't require a pin number at any of the kiosks which could elevate any potential problem. 

Many people leave computers and a few valuables out in the open as they don't all fit in the safe. 

When is the last time you checked into a hotel & were issued a magnetic door care with your cabin number printed on it?

Some day something will get stolen & Princess will be held responsible for not doing something to prevent it from occurring. 

On 7/17/2023 at 12:57 PM, memoak said:

I agree with you but wonder how we could prove of someone was wearing stolen clothing. 🙂     

33 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I agree with you but wonder how we could prove of someone was wearing stolen clothing. 🙂     

Why would anyone on a cruise ship want to steal our clothing and then wear it around? Do you honestly think that someone would see you on formal night and think they must have that dress and wow it’s the right size! This thread has gotten silly.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, catgirl411 said:

Why would anyone on a cruise ship want to steal our clothing and then wear it around? Do you honestly think that someone would see you on formal night and think they must have that dress and wow it’s the right size! This thread has gotten silly.

If you were to go back and re-read the posts, mine and the one I was replying to,  I think you might conclude we are saying the same thing as you.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

I think some people sew their name into all their clothing articles. 😁

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I think some people sew their name into all their clothing articles. 😁

Or mothers pie their initials on all their clothes before sending them off to camp

• Like 2

On 7/17/2023 at 3:51 PM, suzyed said:

OR you can go to kiosk and print it out.  It's usually right next to guest services.

As I recall those printouts were horrible. I vastly prefer the convenience of checking my folio on my phone in the evening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

As I recall those printouts were horrible. I vastly prefer the convenience of checking my folio on my phone in the evening.

I do both...but I think it's easier to see on the printout....they were fine on our last cruise.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2023 at 3:47 PM, suzyed said:

I have had no problems having other people's charges on my account on our last 4 cruises.  The only thing I noticed was an extra $2 plus tip for a drink or 2 that I purchased.  The drinks did not exceed the $12 (at the time).  They took it right off.
After we return to our cabin in the evening, its when I check our folios and find a convenient time to stop at guest services (when there is no line) and get it fixed.

I am really surprised how quickly a post/debit is added to your account.  The only exception is laundry and crew appreciation.  That is updated every night (usually after midnight).

Wouldn’t it be loverly” if Princess would credit our shoreline accounts as quickly.

On 7/17/2023 at 6:47 PM, suzyed said:

I have had no problems having other people's charges on my account on our last 4 cruises.

how do you know if you have the package?  or am I missing something that shows individual drinks charged against your account / 15 per day?

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

how do you know if you have the package?  or am I missing something that shows individual drinks charged against your account / 15 per day?

Take a look at your Travel Summary. Under Special Services you will see something like:

image.png.a839152cff114c9575c45387649590c9.png

or:

image.png.f1e6d9dd964e661d95baeda4182a9887.png

Drinks purchased under the package don't show on your folio. If you want to know your count, you have to ask.

image.png

4 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Take a look at your Travel Summary. Under Special Services you will see something like:

image.png.a839152cff114c9575c45387649590c9.png

or:

image.png.f1e6d9dd964e661d95baeda4182a9887.png

Drinks purchased under the package don't show on your folio. If you want to know your count, you have to ask.

image.png

sorry - I know that - I was refering and quoted a previous poster that they hadn't been charged for anyone else's drinks.  My response is stated above - how would they 'know' ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, voljeep said:

sorry - I know that - I was refering and quoted a previous poster that they hadn't been charged for anyone else's drinks.  My response is stated above - how would they 'know' ?

When I've had the package I have actually had drinks show up as charged but only drinks I didn't order. I agree that normally the drinks don't show on your folio. I'm guessing they would show if you went over your 15. I believe some folks have seen that when all the drinks got charged to their folio rather than being split between two accounts as they expected.

On 7/14/2023 at 10:24 AM, KillerSnake said:

I just purchased a medallion holder that has the RFI ID blocking screen "built in" to help protect your WiFi Credit / Debit Card ( tap and pay ), Passport card, etc...I will need to double check if the cover over the medallion has it as well.

Where did you get your medallion holder?