Ponant Offering Status Match -

Jim_Iain

Received an offer from my Agent  from Ponant -  Since we are Zenith on Celebrity they indicate we will get Grand Admiral Benefits

INTRODUCING PONANT’S STATUS MATCH!

“We are excited to announce that PONANT has implemented a Status Match Program. Our new guests will benefit from a status match and enjoy all the advantages of the PONANT Yacht Club!

If your clients have a loyalty status with another cruise line, PONANT will provide matching status right away.
We offer various reductions, depending on status:

The PONANT Status Match offer applies only to loyalty members from other cruise lines. Equivalence is evaluated based on a comparison of the qualifying criteria for each status. You will receive a confirmation email once you've completed an online form. In order for the equivalence to be validated, you will be required to provide a copy of the loyalty membership.

A Status Match can only be carried out once per passenger. Equivalence entitles the beneficiary to the same benefits as those provided by the PONANT Yacht Club.

Submission Portal on Ponant Site -  
May be an image of text
  • Thanks 3

Wow!

They value Silversea Venetian Society membership very highly. Anything over 100 days on SS gets you promoted to the Grand Admiral tier of Ponant's program. Might have to look into this, as it seems to be a great deal.

In the FAQs they say that this offer is also available to current Yacht Club members, and the upgrade is not time-limited. From that POV it's a no-brainer. And I don't have any upcoming cruises booked so I better start looking for one!

Edited to add: just tried filling out the online form and ran into a snag. You have to choose a country of residence. The US isn't a choice! Neither is Canada, or Australia. Lots of European countries, and Africa too. But the country list is definitely incomplete. @Jim_Iain, were you able to submit the form?

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Wow!

They value Silversea Venetian Society membership very highly. Anything over 100 days on SS gets you promoted to the Grand Admiral tier of Ponant's program. Might have to look into this, as it seems to be a great deal.

In the FAQs they say that this offer is also available to current Yacht Club members, and the upgrade is not time-limited. From that POV it's a no-brainer. And I don't have any upcoming cruises booked so I better start looking for one!

Edited to add: just tried filling out the online form and ran into a snag. You have to choose a country of residence. The US isn't a choice! Neither is Canada, or Australia. Lots of European countries, and Africa too. But the country list is definitely incomplete. @Jim_Iain, were you able to submit the form?

I noticed they also didn't have Canada.    I just chose United Kingdom with my U.S. address.   The next day (yesterday),  I received an e-mail asking me to send proof of Status which I did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jpalbny said:

I've not heard back (yet). I'll try to remember to come back and update if I do.

Thanks JP, appreciate your reply. 

I have submitted the form and sent my Venetian Society loyalty statement through.  Was just wondering if anyone has been successful and what the timeframe was.  I have my first Ponant cruise in 3 weeks.  It would be nice to have a status match, but am not really expecting it to be processed in time.

On 7/22/2023 at 4:28 AM, zigtraveller said:

Thanks JP, appreciate your reply. 

I have submitted the form and sent my Venetian Society loyalty statement through.  Was just wondering if anyone has been successful and what the timeframe was.  I have my first Ponant cruise in 3 weeks.  It would be nice to have a status match, but am not really expecting it to be processed in time.

Well, I got this very helpful reply from Ponant today. Bold text is added by me:

Good afternoon, Mr. xxx,

Thank you for your email and patience.

Please be advised that Silversea is not part of our Status Match loyalty program.

We appreciate your understanding.

Xxxxx Xxxxxx
USReservations@ponant.com
-New York, 10170 - États Unis
1-(888) 400-1082

Edited by jpalbny

4 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Well, I got this very helpful reply from Ponant today. Bold text is added by me:

Good afternoon, Mr. xxx,

Thank you for your email and patience.

Please be advised that Silversea is not part of our Status Match loyalty program.

We appreciate your understanding.

Xxxxx Xxxxxx
USReservations@ponant.com
-New York, 10170 - États Unis
1-(888) 400-1082

Thanks for the update - that is interesting.  

I guess no status match for us!  Even though it was listed as an option on the website. 

A status match would have been nice, but  I'm sure I will still enjoy the voyage 😀

Follow up from Ponant:

Good afternoon, Mr. Xxx,

Please accept our sincere apologies.   I didn't realize Silversea was part of Venetian Society.    I overlooked that.  However, your status match has been completed. 

You have been matched on our Ponant Yacht Club membership as a Grand Admiral.

Warm regards,

Fixed that, hopefully! 

I had sent a follow-up email to them, with a copy of their web page showing that Silversea (Venetian Society) was included in the program. 

Looks like "Venetian Society" is the magic word. "Silversea" doesn't register.

Now to send the same email for Chris...

Edited by jpalbny
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

We heard back -   Sorry -  Celebrity is not one of the cruise lines that we are matching status with.

Hmm... Why didn't they state that before requiring us sending them proof of status etc.  

• Like 1

Try emailing them back and specifically say "Captain's Club," as that is very clearly listed on their website as one of the programs that they match.

They seem to look very specifically for the name of the Loyalty Program, not the Cruise line. See above for what happened when I said "Silversea" and not "Venetian Society"

Good luck!

3 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

JP – Did you send a photo of your Venetian Society membership card?  I don't have any card from Azamara.  Can I send a screen shot of the Azamara web page showing my status?

No such card for VS either. On the my.silversea.com website there's a place to download your VS "statement" which shows your status. Azamara may have something similar, or try the screenshot. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2023 at 12:57 PM, Jim_Iain said:

We heard back -   Sorry -  Celebrity is not one of the cruise lines that we are matching status with.

Hmm... Why didn't they state that before requiring us sending them proof of status etc.  

This is strange.  My TA asked me to send snap shots of the =X= website listing my status.  Within an hour I got a new invoice reflecting a $3,550 reduction in fare for my Antarctic expedition on Le Lyrial in February.  I have admiral status with Ponant.  Jim and Iain, thanks again for just another very helpful post.  I think you ought to speak to another rep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2023 at 2:29 PM, jpalbny said:

Try emailing them back and specifically say "Captain's Club," as that is very clearly listed on their website as one of the programs that they match.

They seem to look very specifically for the name of the Loyalty Program, not the Cruise line. See above for what happened when I said "Silversea" and not "Venetian Society"

Good luck!

Thanks -  

Do you happen to have the URL to the website that list's Celebrity.   I can't seem to find it.   I have however replied to their rejection and will see what happens.

23 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks -  

Do you happen to have the URL to the website that list's Celebrity.   I can't seem to find it.   I have however replied to their rejection and will see what happens.

Here you are:

https://www.calameo.com/read/000132423cc2631e3cc7f?authid=kxkX8RGSXX3s

Will also try to attach the file directly.ponant_status_match_EN (5).pdf

I got the auto-reply on Monday (Aug. 21) and send back proof of status that day.  Haven't received acknowledgment of those submissions yet (Friday Aug. 25).  It looks like JP got final approval after 10 days, so still waiting.

One other point:  they value different cruise lines more than others.  If you are Elite Plus on Celebrity you get Admiral on Ponant.  If you had also sailed on Azamara at least once, your Celebrity Elite Plus is also Azamara Discoverer Plus – and that gets you Grand Admiral on Ponant.  Looking forward to all those stripes on my sleeve!!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Here you are:

https://www.calameo.com/read/000132423cc2631e3cc7f?authid=kxkX8RGSXX3s

Will also try to attach the file directly.ponant_status_match_EN (5).pdf

Thanks so much -  I have sent a reply back to our rejection and hope they will apply it quickly.   Our first cruise with Ponant is on September 11.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I got the auto-reply on Monday (Aug. 21) and send back proof of status that day.  Haven't received acknowledgment of those submissions yet (Friday Aug. 25).  It looks like JP got final approval after 10 days, so still waiting.

One other point:  they value different cruise lines more than others.  If you are Elite Plus on Celebrity you get Admiral on Ponant.  If you had also sailed on Azamara at least once, your Celebrity Elite Plus is also Azamara Discoverer Plus – and that gets you Grand Admiral on Ponant.  Looking forward to all those stripes on my sleeve!!!

Thanks -- hope we can push them a bit we sail on 9/11 with Ponant.      We are Zenith on Celebrity so should get Grand Admiral.

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks -- hope we can push them a bit we sail on 9/11 with Ponant.      We are Zenith on Celebrity so should get Grand Admiral.

Aye Aye, Sirs!!  [or however Navy brass of equal rank greet each other...]

• Haha 1

I have not heard back from them about the SM despite sending the evidence twice.  I contacted them prior to my first Ponant cruise, which I have now completed.  It all sounds very disorganised and poorly managed.  I hope others have more luck than I did. 

3 hours ago, zigtraveller said:

I have not heard back from them about the SM despite sending the evidence twice.  I contacted them prior to my first Ponant cruise, which I have now completed.  It all sounds very disorganised and poorly managed.  I hope others have more luck than I did. 

Hope your cruise went well!

Yes, the disorganization here is giving me flashbacks to two years ago when I tried to apply for the "passe sanitaire" for a trip to France. They delayed processing my application so long, that I had already returned from my trip when they got to it. SMH.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Hope your cruise went well!

Yes, the disorganization here is giving me flashbacks to two years ago when I tried to apply for the "passe sanitaire" for a trip to France. They delayed processing my application so long, that I had already returned from my trip when they got to it. SMH.

I really enjoyed the Kimberley cruise thanks JP.  The expedition activities were great and the scenery was spectacular.  It's unfortunate that I didn't receive any response to my request for a status match  - but ce la vie...