Best cruise for British Islez

We are looking to go to the British isles the end of July 2024 (actually can't leave until after 7/28). Not worried about price too much, just want the best bang for buck. We had planned to book Viking, but does anyone have another suggestion? I'm a new cruiser so I have no preference yet on a line. Have cruised once to Greece on NCL in a haven suite, and getting ready to cruise Italy/France/Spain on an NCL in haven suite

Edited by Thegumars8

3 hours ago, Tak8 said:

I did a British Isles on Princess.  Really enjoyed it and had two days in Dublin.

We also enjoyed immensely our Princess British Isles cruise, but it was on the former Ocean Princess with a passenger capacity of under 700, so I would not expect any present Princess cruise to duplicate the experience.

Our overnight was for Edinburgh from the port of Rosyth. 

If price is no issue, check out Regent Seven Seas. It is expensive but when you do the math, their all inclusive policy including business class airfare is competitive to other high end cruise lines. They also include shore excursions, all alcohol, beautiful cabins, all specialty restaurants, etc., etc. 

We are actually booked on a September 2023 cruise on Regent Splendor. I have travelled with Oceania and Regent in the past. They are both good cruise lines but Regent gets my nod for the total experience 

We like Oceania and it's worth a mention that it's has just changed its offer, so is now more "all inclusive". By which I suppose I mean more similar to the Regent and Viking offer. We intend to make a comparison between all three for a 2024 cruise. The relaxed "smart casual" style of all three suits us much better than the lines which are more traditionally formal in dress code. 

7 hours ago, Harters said:

We like Oceania and it's worth a mention that it's has just changed its offer, so is now more "all inclusive". By which I suppose I mean more similar to the Regent and Viking offer. We intend to make a comparison between all three for a 2024 cruise. The relaxed "smart casual" style of all three suits us much better than the lines which are more traditionally formal in dress code. 

We sail Oceania on a regular basis and did a British Isles cruise in 2019 and loved the ports of call with two days in Dublin plus the ship's cuisine and service.  Next month, we embark on another British Isles cruise with different and smaller ports of call than in 2019.   The new Simply More program aka "all inclusive" starts with October 1st, 2023 cruises onward.  We will have to wait till our next cruise to experience it.

Edited by WESTEAST