Carnival Elation Questions

ladybug526

Hello, my husband and I use to cruise quite a bit before we had a kids but it has been over 10 years since we have sailed- much too long! We have decided to take a family vacation with our 8 and 4 year old and I have some questions because I can’t remember. We are sailing on the Carnival Elation I’m August and so very excited! 

1. Are you still allowed to bring soda on board? If so how many cans?

2. What time do embarkment begin? We are going from the airport directly to the ship. 

3. Can you rent or borrow towels and life jackets from Carnival for on the ship and off the ship? I am just trying to minimize what I need to pack.

I think that is all I can think of for now.

Thank you in advance!

yes you can bring soda. cans only. 12 cans per person

embarkment usually begins around 1130ish

by the pool they will be life jackets for the kids and a towel station to get towels. in your room they also be blue towels that can be used on and off the ship

Thank you so much for the info.

12 cans per person is very generous! 

I am trying to book a transfer from the airport to the cruise terminal but it doesn’t look like Carnival offers this service out of Jacksonville. Any suggestions? Should we just take a taxi? It looks like it is about 12 miles away. I would prefer to have all my ducks in a row before we get there and just find a taxi. 

2 hours ago, ladybug526 said:

2. What time do embarkment begin? We are going from the airport directly to the ship. 

Don't forget to check in online either 14 or 16 days before the cruise (Diamond and Platinum check in earlier). You will need to select a check-in time to arrive at the port. Depending on when the ship is cleared to begin boarding, it is possible you may check in and then board immediately thereafter.

14 hours ago, ladybug526 said:

I am trying to book a transfer from the airport to the cruise terminal but it doesn’t look like Carnival offers this service out of Jacksonville. Any suggestions? Should we just take a taxi? It looks like it is about 12 miles away. I would prefer to have all my ducks in a row before we get there and just find a taxi. 

Uber was about $25 each way.  There was a spot at the terminal and at the airport to wait for uber and it was very easy and we only waited 5 or 10 minutes from when we ordered it.

• Like 1

I so appreciate all the info. I will be sure to check in as early as I can, I think it did say 2 weeks prior but I will confirm and mark my calendar! I am so glad to hear that about the Uber, we will definitely do that and I think that is a better deal than the Carnival transfers.

We are all very excited and might just have to look into swimming lessons 🤣

Two weeks ago, Embarkation started at 10:45am.

They have lifejackets for us by the pool to use on the ship for kids. I don't think they can go off the ship.

Yes, you can bring a 12pack of 12oz canned drinks a person.

I posted a short review back on about the 10th. You can search and ask me anymore questions if you have them.