Comfy but nice looking pants (trousers for our British friends)

We will be on a 3 week trip that includes a 9 night cruise from Manhattan to Quebec City.  We will spend a few extra days in Quebec City then fly to Boston, pick up a rental car and drive to Maine for a week.  I'm looking for some comfy knit pants (maybe ponte) with real pockets (front and back) in a straight style (not complete against skinny legs) and I would like more than just black.  Anyone have some comfy but affordable options they love?  I've looked on Amazon and they don't give inseam measurements in their size charts.  I don't really want leggings either.

They're not inexpensive, but I really like Eileen Fisher pants for travel. Their stretch crepe (lighter weight) and ponte knit (heavier) are the best and last for years if cared for. The EF website usually offers them in a few basic colors that vary by season. (Always in black.)

I don't think they have back pockets, but I don't like back pockets so I don't look for them. (I like a more streamlined look.)

If you're looking for a cheaper option, Macys.com carries two store lines (Charter Club and I.N.C. Concepts) that both have ponte pants as a basic item. I got a couple of pairs a few years ago when I couldn't get the Eileen Fisher ones and they are a reasonable substitute but not as durable over time (they tend to pill).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an email advert from Wool& for business casual pants make with heavyweight ponte fabric and thought I’d share here.

https://wooland.com/products/rosso-straight-ponte-pant-black?goal=0_798fc90fa9-64bc909daa-96811101&mc_cid=64bc909daa&mc_eid=e17b246214

I don’t have person experience with their pants but I bought one of their dresses, specifically the Isabelle wrap dress, and I LOVE my dress. If the pants are of the same quality, they would be great pants IMO. Merino wool is such a great fabric for travel. I took several pieces on my recent London trip and was quite pleased with how well they held up for being worn multiple times.

• Like 1

If you want an ankle-length casual pant, look at Pact.  Organic cotton.  I've got shirts and wide legged pants from them and I loved them for travel.  The ankle length just showed up in my FB feed a few days ago:

https://wearpact.com/women/apparel/all bottoms/airplane tulip hem pant/wa1-wng-mnv?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=loy&utm_campaign=MAID2324&utm_content=6370623710513-6368473368713&fbclid=IwAR32bCnQ2gTww7Ctcx_feOIMGzY81BytDy727yUEVqNVIOwc2TdFA9SpZpo

• Like 1

Many colors in that pant too! The front pocket style seems more flattering than the Wool& pant but no back pockets...not that use back pockets normally but having some sort of detail across the back can be nice to do what I think of as "breaking up the space" lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

32 Degrees (available at Costco and on their own website) have some synthetic pants that are loose-fitting and work well on their own or layered over thermals for colder weather. They’re also easy to hand wash and hang dry.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...