Champagne

nasus2

Last week on Silhouette we couldn’t find any genuine champagne by the glass and what they served was pretty awful. We actually preferred the taste of the Prosecco so might not upgrade to premium drinks next time. 

Edited by barneyboy

3 hours ago, nasus2 said:

what champagne is currently available on board  - sailing on silhouette in September 

The better champagne is by the bottle and availability can vary from cruise to cruise as well as ship to ship. Hopefully someone recently on board can advise. We do find it very expensive on board. Within the wine package we haven’t found it fantastic and as long as it isn’t too dry I am not fussy…I did like the Prosecco offered in the premium package, though, sorry can not remember the name.

Remember that your allowed take on board wine can include champagne. A couple of cruises ago when we knew we were hosting a sail away we took two decent bottles of champagne on board with us and got the butler to put in on ice (room attendants will do this too). No charge. If you want to enjoy in a restaurant there is no corkage charge if you have a drinks package and $20? if you don’t. This may be a better option for you.

Enjoy your cruise. Silhouette is a beautiful ship, enjoy!

1 minute ago, cruisingxpert said:

They had Montaudon by the glass last year.  Has that disappeared?

Yes in May both Montaudon and Cattier had disappeared.   Supply chain issue.  Yea right, more like price issue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes in May both Montaudon and Cattier had disappeared.   Supply chain issue.  Yea right, more like price issue.

What do they have by the glass?  Please don't tell me it's the awful Germain that Oceania has.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

They had nothing as a real Champagne (French).  The best thing they had by the glass on the premium package was Chandon sparkling wine.

Cheapest by the glass was Perrier-Jouët at $22

Thanks.  I like your cc name.  That's what I say to everyone- I have to work to feed my cruising addiction.

The choices vary based on inventory.  There were supply chain issues on our recent cruise.  There were even differences in what was available from restaurant to restaurant.  The 'best' champagne was Prosecco on board.  No kidding.  

9 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Currently on Reflection and if you don’t ask specifically for “French Champagne” you are automatically given the fizzy wine that the crew nickname “Chateau de Gangway”.

Is this a reference to Celebrity Vineyards?

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8

Beyond has a few good genuine champagne options, V and NV (on the Le Voyage menu) that you can order for your stateroom or for delivery to any restaurant where you might dine - Taittinger Comtes de Champagne, Krug Grande Cuvee, and Dom Perignon Rose.

You can specify what you want each night and they'll have it ready in your stateroom or the moment you sit to enjoy each meal.

The staff and servers have been/are excellent and very accommodating on Beyond.

Super way to make memories alongside great sailing itineraries and sunsets.

1 hour ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Beyond has a few good genuine champagne options, V and NV (on the Le Voyage menu) that you can order for your stateroom or for delivery to any restaurant where you might dine - Taittinger Comtes de Champagne, Krug Grande Cuvee, and Dom Perignon Rose.

I long for the days (10-12yrs ago) when those tete du cuvees were cheap enough to be almost daily drinkers.. Krug and DP have almost doubled in price in the last 5yrs.  Crazy.

Summit had no French Champagne included in the premium package when I sailed on her in April. Chandon was available and was a decent substitute. Back on Summit in June, they had M. Haslinger & Fils, which was quite nice, but it was completely gone except for in Luminae and The Retreat lounge about two days into our sailing. They had some gold label something (not Celebrity Vintages) that I had two sips of in April and then asked for the Chandon. I'm so sad about the lack of Cattier Brut Icone...it was wonderful! I'm very doubtful this has anything to do with supply chain...

5 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Hmmm.  With the selections Celebrity has by the glass currently it sounds like it may be a better deal to bring your own champagne on board even if you have the drink package.

We took our own last few cruises. For our cabin. Last cruise Cristal. Very nice. Usually take Billecart Salmon also nice but Cristal in another league! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Esprit said:

From the Murano menu

Hello,

I find the lighting in Murano so low that you could never read the label on the bottle when shown to you.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1