The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 18th, 2023

richwmn

33 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

After a day I don’t know how to explain or maybe don’t want to explain I leave you with this beautiful sunset over the Baltic Sea.

Terri

DSCN2445.jpeg

Terri, thanks for the beautiful sunset.  

31 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon, all!

@Quartzsite Cruiser The drain company called back and they will be out tomorrow morning.  The only thing causing water to come up out of the drain is the washing machine, but I fear there is something building further down the line.  I'm going to have them inspect the entire line to make sure we don't have tree roots or any other problem.  Just what we need 4 days before a cruise, right?  Well, it gives us focus to help pass the time.

I'm glad to read that your DH now has an appointment and that the wheel is beginning to turn.  Continue being the squeaky wheel!

Debbie, I hope the drain people can get the problem solved and it's not a big project.  Having them check the entire system seems to be a good idea, especially with an old house.  IIRC, this is not the first time you've had the problem.

I think being the very squeaky wheel worked.  We got a message from the nurse contact that she is working with the doctor's scheduler to try to get DH an appointment near the end of August for the shunt evaluation.  I think she doesn't want to have DH keep calling or messaging all the time.  While we were waiting for the appointment with the NP he'd call every so often to see if there was a cancellation.  BTW, I looked up the doctor, and his CV is impressive, and it explains why he is so busy.  He's also on the faculty of the UTSW medical school.

Lenda

• Like 19

It's trying to be sunny today but the sky is not blue when I look outside, it's grey.  It looks like a haze in the air when you look into the distance.  Our AQI is about 156 so unhealthy.  Hope it improves this week.  I wouldn't want that orange color I saw at some spots during the summer!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon. I've done my PT and been stretched all around. I'm sure I'll be a bit sore, and I'll be stiff if I sit for any length of time.

I received an email when I got back, from my friend Ruth's DF. There will be a webcast of the service. I appreciate being able to see it. I'm surprised it's not until the 31st, as she passed on the 11th. And the losses roll on, as I just heard that another friend's DM passed today; she was 90, with dementia, and was in a care facility. I never met her, but will support my friend.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Good news on finally getting the LP scheduled. It will be interesting to see how that affects DH's symptoms. And good for him for being persistent!

@Cruzin Terri :classic_sad: . Lovely sunset photo.

@dfish Good to hear the drain company will be there tomorrow. And smart to get the whole line checked. 

@StLouisCruisers Ugh on that AQI. That was ours yesterday, but it's clearing out thankfully, and we're at 99 now.

• Like 18

13 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. I've done my PT and been stretched all around. I'm sure I'll be a bit sore, and I'll be stiff if I sit for any length of time.

I received an email when I got back, from my friend Ruth's DF. There will be a webcast of the service. I appreciate being able to see it. I'm surprised it's not until the 31st, as she passed on the 11th. And the losses roll on, as I just heard that another friend's DM passed today; she was 90, with dementia, and was in a care facility. I never met her, but will support my friend.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Good news on finally getting the LP scheduled. It will be interesting to see how that affects DH's symptoms. And good for him for being persistent!

@Cruzin Terri :classic_sad: . Lovely sunset photo.

@dfish Good to hear the drain company will be there tomorrow. And smart to get the whole line checked. 

@StLouisCruisers Ugh on that AQI. That was ours yesterday, but it's clearing out thankfully, and we're at 99 now.

We think the LP will make a difference.  When he had the second surgery, we're pretty sure there was a loss of spinal fluid during the surgery, and I think there was more loss in the drain they placed after surgery while he was in the hospital.  By the time he was discharged from rehab and along with the PT his walking was much improved.  Before he began experiencing the worsening symptoms of NPH, he was even able to walk without the walker and was not dizzy.  That is not the case now.  We are hopeful they will agree to the shunt and that it will make a big difference.  We are supposed to keep a diary of the symptoms between the LP and the doctor visit.  Yes, patients and their advocates must be persistent even if it annoys the schedulers.

Our condolences to your friend and her family on the loss of her mother.  

I hope you're not too stiff or sore after the PT.

Lenda

• Like 17

1 minute ago, smitty34877 said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, I am relieved that you got an appointment,  finally.I wish it were sooner but at least it is set up.

@dfish I hope the drain situation  gets fixed quickly.We have had some blockages in this old house and it is hard to live with.

Thanks, Terry.  We wish it was sooner, too.  If DH hadn't kept after them, no telling when we'd get the appointment.  I'm not sure the orders were put in until today, when they should have been put in on July 7 or 10 at the latest.

Lenda

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Finally, there is some progress.  DH now has an appointment for the lumbar puncture on August 8.  We have to be at the hospital at 9:30 am for a 11 am appointment.  After the puncture, we are supposed to keep a diary of how he is doing, both from his perspective and from mine.  Then, they will schedule an appointment to see a doctor about scheduling placing the shunt.  It's progress, but it still seems slow when you're living with the situation. 

It always feel slow when you are living it, Lenda and it is someone you love 😔 

But, I am SO glad you have an appointment and progress can be started.  Baby steps…. Best wishes to endure it all.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon, all!

@kazu I am happy to hear that Ivan is doing better.  I hope the injections really do help long term for him.  He seems like such a good match for you.  

Thanks Debbie.  He is such a good boy and a sweetheart.  He’s very happy here, I think.  

1 hour ago, dfish said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser The drain company called back and they will be out tomorrow morning.  The only thing causing water to come up out of the drain is the washing machine, but I fear there is something building further down the line.  I'm going to have them inspect the entire line to make sure we don't have tree roots or any other problem.  Just what we need 4 days before a cruise, right?  Well, it gives us focus to help pass the time.

Oh dam, Debbie 😔.  Why always when you are trying to get away to go?   I’m glad they can get out tomorrow and hopefully it can be all be corrected.  You are smart to have them the check the whole line.  No point in doing it piece meal and then finding another problem in 6 months.  See you soon 🙂 

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good luck to all the downsizers.  I threw out so much before I moved.  I was pretty merciless and did my best not to let emotion get in the way.  My sister, on the other hand, is very protective of a fishing tote of our grandfather's.  She never went fishing with him and wasn't particularly close to him, but she has an attachment to this ratty old bag and we had to save it.

Sue sounds like my DD Jose.  He had to save everything.  I got away with getting rid of some stuff discreetly in the basement but I”m still struggling with sorting and decisions.  He would probably have a heart attack if he was still with me if he could see what is gone already.

15 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

So sorry to hear of your friends DM’s passing. 😢. It takes a lot of energy to support a friend.  Bless you for doing it.  My condolences to your friend and you.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening Everyone, thanks for today’s daily report.  I want to thank everyone for your happy anniversary wishes.  DH was scheduled to stay late yesterday and used the anniversary as an excuse to leave early.  He said he was taking me out to dinner, I’m still wondering where we went and what I had.😂
It was a very busy in office day and that’s why I’m so late today.  I have three organizations that want a divorce but keep finding reasons to delay the project.

I need to make a quick Walgreens run and pick up River’s meds and then maybe pick up a PB ticket.  I hope everyone has a good night.

• Like 19

A few updates.  Yesterday at the Oncologist things went mostly as expected but I was supposed to get 2 shots, a hormone for the cancer and a bone strengthening drug (Boniva),  When I talked to the Doctor the Boniva was put off due to my dental work within the past month.  Nothing unexpected with the Primary today except that when I went to make my appointment for the annual physical in December they were already fully booked and it was put back about 3 weeks later than I was planning.

The Pulmonologist called today and he was expecting me to have a CT scan done but I never got the order for it so that's deferred for a while.

Air quality is somewhat better than expected today, mostly in the moderate range.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Well, the best laid plans of mice and men...DH  is coming home tomorrow.  His mom said that he was making her nervous.  I think that when the brothers asked her to sign a letter to have the brats' girlfriend removed from the house, she was feeling coerced.  Two young 18 year olds, that don't want to work full time, don't want to go to college, and spend 80% of their time hanging out in the back bedroom, just ticks the brother off, as trust me,  as children of an Air Force Colonel, they didn't have a moment of their own when they all were forced to work on whatever base their father was on. 

He is currently trying to change his arrival time, otherwise he wouldn't be in until 11 tomorrow night. And he has a dr's appt at 9:45 the next morning in downtown Atlanta.  Nothing was decided, a lot was talked about, and I told Chuck he wont get a chance to go home for some time. BUT his brother will have to resolve everything, as nothing was changed from when Chuck and the baby brother arrived.

I drank too much coffee yesterday, tossed and turned most of the night, and eventually got up to play games on the computer.  And now, that I had PT, lunch out, watched a stupid movie and did laundry, worked for 4 hours,took the trash down to the street, and walked the neighbors dog for her tuesday night piddle,  I am exhausted, but told Chuck I would wait for his call to see if he can get his flight changed to an earlier time.

I broke down and got into the Oregon Cherry Ice-cream, and put hot fudge on it.  My celebration dessert for surviving a long day.

So many of you are about to go on your cruises, and I have 94 more days!  However will I last that long!  Ahhh....planning. I also figured out that the reason the person couldnt find my reservation for the Hotel Nazionale was that it was under DH's name, not mine.(different last name)

• Like 12