Amsterdam---port of Pieteinkade

32 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

This is our port for Amsterdam.

Piet Heinkade 27 is the street address for Amsterdam's main cruise terminal.

There's a vast amount of information here already about what you can do from there, and how you can do it.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

This is our port for Amsterdam. Will we need euros for public transportation from there or can we pretty much walk?  Probably want the museum district and the Jewish district.

We used Euros during our pre-cruise in Amsterdam last July 2022 for everything except our hotel (credit card). Depending where your hotel is use the transportation you want...we opted for a taxi from Banks Mansion to the port. Amsterdam port was one of the best organized ports we've sailed from...great service.

59 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We used Euros during our pre-cruise in Amsterdam last July 2022 for everything except our hotel (credit card). Depending where your hotel is use the transportation you want...we opted for a taxi from Banks Mansion to the port. Amsterdam port was one of the best organized ports we've sailed from...great service.

No hotel is Amsterdam; it is  port stop on a cruise from London (Southampton) to Reykjavik.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

Piet Heinkade 27 is the street address for Amsterdam's main cruise terminal.

There's a vast amount of information here already about what you can do from there, and how you can do it.

Please direct me to it and answer the direct question of do we need Euros for transportation or can we just walk.

You can easily walk to the Jewish area, the museum area is a bit farther.  Be aware, that you need to purchase tickets online in advance for the Anne Frank house and the Rijksmuseum.  “Euros” are the currency of the Netherlands.  Cash or debit card are king, credit cards are widely accepted at larger establishments.  Cash is not accepted on the trams.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Globaliser said:

This is the board that you want to look at: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/148-british-isleswestern-europe. Questions about transportation/walking from Amsterdam's cruise terminal are asked most weeks.

I am already on that board. It is where I asked the question.

Please point me out a thread that does what you say.

11 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I am already on that board. It is where I asked the question.

Please point me out a thread that does what you say.

could someone please point out a thread to me. I am not going through 472 pages to look for it. 🤦‍♂️

My notifications say @hostKat has linked to this, but there is no link.

You were already given the address of the cruise terminal where you’re ship will dock. Using Google Maps you can easily check for yourself whether or not you’re up to walking from there to the Jewish district and/or the museum district. For me it would definitely be doable, but I’m not you. 
Public transport in Amsterdam has been cashless for years, you’ll need a debit or credit card to pay. 

• Like 1