C&A Discounts

7 minutes ago, Sugarlandsooner said:

I know the discounts (like 50% off a glass of wine) are loaded into our SeaPass cards but do we have to let bartenders, waiters, etc know that we want to apply the discounts or does it apply automatically?

It is better to let them know before they run your card so they can apply your discount.

just makes it easier….

The perks are loaded on the card and the vendors can see them, but it is best to let them know that you want to use a particular perk. Likewise, you also should let them know that you DON'T want to use a perk i.e. buying a $4 soda vs. a $14 cocktail.

7 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Likewise, you also should let them know that you DON'T want to use a perk i.e. buying a $4 soda vs. a $14 cocktail.

100% this, I like to save my Diamond vouchers for cocktails in the evening and occasionally when ordering a soda or a beer in the afternoon the voucher is automatically used. When processed they are unable to correct, its not an issue as they are trying to be helpful but something to be aware of.

9 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Likewise, you also should let them know that you DON'T want to use a perk i.e. buying a $4 soda vs. a $14 cocktail.

It can be frustrating.  More than once I've specifically told the server or bartender not to use one of my free drinks and charge me instead and they didn't do as I asked.  I've had to resort to being very precise in my language. 

4 hours ago, moposh said:

RC used to leave a note in the cabin letting us know what our discounts are.  I wish they still did this.  I don't know what discounts I am due.

That is too bad.  We have always received a letter and we have cruised 6 times this year.  Maybe they think we need the reminders.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moposh said:

RC used to leave a note in the cabin letting us know what our discounts are.  I wish they still did this.  I don't know what discounts I am due.

We have still been getting our loyalty letter on embarkation.  That has always included a list of onboard benefits.  If you aren't getting yours I'd speak to the LA or Diamond Concierge (if D or above)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We have still been getting our loyalty letter on embarkation.  That has always included a list of onboard benefits.  If you aren't getting yours I'd speak to the LA or Diamond Concierge (if D or above)

Got ours as usual last month on Wonder. Sounds like someone just dropped the ball in this case.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sugarlandsooner said:

I know the discounts (like 50% off a glass of wine) are loaded into our SeaPass cards but do we have to let bartenders, waiters, etc know that we want to apply the discounts or does it apply automatically?

Since we now get the free diamond drinks, we would let them know if we wanted to use a free drink, or the discount, when we were ordering.

Thanks for the heads up.  

On 7/18/2023 at 8:53 PM, GTO-Girl said:

It is better to let them know before they run your card so they can apply your discount.

just makes it easier….

This is the first time we haven't had a drink package so I never thought about the drink discounts.  Always assumed the other ones were auto-applied.