Schphol Security Appointment---did it work???

We fly out of Amsterdam Schiphol Sunday.  We usually go way too early to Schiphol, worried about security.  

I've seen mention in several posts and roll calls that now one can make an appointment for a timeslot for security at Schiphol.  We're debating trying to make an appointment, but nervous about how it would really work out.  

Posts have mentioned that they made an appointment, but I've seen nothing about how it actually worked out.  If anyone has made the appointment and gone through the process, I'd appreciate hearing how it actually worked out?  Was it easy?  Do they give you good directions on where to go?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Mountainduo said:

We fly out of Amsterdam Schiphol Sunday.  We usually go way too early to Schiphol, worried about security.  

I've seen mention in several posts and roll calls that now one can make an appointment for a timeslot for security at Schiphol.  We're debating trying to make an appointment, but nervous about how it would really work out.  

Posts have mentioned that they made an appointment, but I've seen nothing about how it actually worked out.  If anyone has made the appointment and gone through the process, I'd appreciate hearing how it actually worked out?  Was it easy?  Do they give you good directions on where to go?  Thanks!

Daughter made an appointment in april, but crossed security an hour earlier than reserved/expected. We (same date other airline) did not reserve; arrived about 1,5 earlier than advised at Schiphol and could have booked easlily a flight 2 hours earlier.  But now it is summer and full holiday season, so what whould we advise? Maybe to download the Schiphol app which advises you about the expected crowds? The app advises about "how it works" too and answers many questions. IMO: quite helpful. Enjoy the last days of your cruise and your voyage back home.

• Like 1

Until recently the security appointment was only available for intra schengen flights so no flights to USA where included.

It may make a difference and it may not.  It is just an extra layer of comfort if you need it.

We departed Amsterdam on a Sunday in May, got to the airport very early as advised, and even thought there was a long line checking in for the flight, after that it was fairly empty. We could have gone later. This might have been because it was a Sunday, because it was early, who knows. But security wasn't an issue.

58 minutes ago, Love2cruise77 said:

We just returned from AMS.  No appointment needed, there was hardly any wait for security. 

The wait was with KLM, took over an hour to check in luggage. 

I am trying to wade through the KLM info on Schipol.  Some airlines can use the kiosks to check luggage.  We are flying with Delta to the US but KLM does their bags.  Anyone know if we can use the kiosk for our checked bags?

9 hours ago, Mountainduo said:

If anyone has made the appointment and gone through the process, I'd appreciate hearing how it actually worked out?  Was it easy?  Do they give you good directions on where to go?  Thanks!

Not AMS, but used the appt. system at MCO and YVR (Orlando and Vancouver) on May 18th and June 2nd respectively. Had dedicated security line for appt and was easy to find. No wait. Was faster than sky priority at AMS last September. Hopefully you will find a reply from someone who has used it at AMS, but it worked great at the two airports I tried it at.

We used this service a couple of years ago when DW was having a knee injury issue. We checked our bags and got our boarding passes then we’re directed to a waiting area where we waited for an hour before our names were called and an usher with wheelchair arrived and led us directly through security and took us to a lounge where we waited until picked up again for cart ride to gate. 
We recently flew out of Schipol and the process of going through security on our own was timely and efficient.

18 hours ago, badtwin said:

I am trying to wade through the KLM info on Schipol.  Some airlines can use the kiosks to check luggage.  We are flying with Delta to the US but KLM does their bags.  Anyone know if we can use the kiosk for our checked bags?

I tried finding the exact answer, but couldnot. I think you should ask Delta if your flight is a Delta flight with Delta plane. If your flight is executed bij a KLM plane with a Delta flightnumber is must be possible to use the Drop Off. And it works perfect.  Check in from home of hotel, bagage drop off and off you go to security. I suggest you to download the Schiphol App; it leads you through Schiphol, warns you for changing departures etc.  

18 hours ago, badtwin said:

We were not offered the option to print our own luggage tags, I think it is only for Schengen countries.  Our flight was also on a Delta ticket, but the flight is operated by KLM.  Luckily we have hours before our flight, so waiting for over an hour to drop off our luggage did not create problem.